News: TotalBiscuit Liberator Video - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where implants DO HURT!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-23, 12:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
MyMeatStick
Sergeant

Re: More TB goodness

Originally Posted by Mechzz View Post
^
yeah, if you notice, the game records the kill to DemoManx around 4:50, his id. So it was a suicide. Shades of BF2 jets, eek!
But he did crash before they finished hitting him, there might not be a system in place to give the kill to the last person shooting before "Suicides".

Last edited by MyMeatStick; 2012-05-23 at 12:25 PM.
Old 2012-05-23, 12:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

Mine will be solid gold!
Old 2012-05-23, 12:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
LostAlgorithm
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Gogita View Post
PS2 needs to be fund in some way and heck, I might buy one of those silly patterns.
And it's entirely possible to fund it the way they have decided to without going the silly route, such as simply making really badass, universe suitable customizations.

Going the silly route with customizations is going the easy route, and I feel it ultimately cheapens the experience. Both literally and figuratively I suppose. I'd be glad to pay more for what I feel would be more of a quality product without them.
Old 2012-05-23, 12:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Mod
Master Sergeant

Love TB's commentry

Personally I don't think there will be too many zebra lib's flying around the skies... and to be honest, even if there are, it will make them easier to spot and shoot down so its win win!
Old 2012-05-23, 12:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by LostAlgorithm View Post

Yeah, because my idea of fun is less valid than yours. I already know I'm going to have fun with Planetside 2, I just feel it would be more fun and I might play longer if they didn't go this route.
Everybody has a different idea of fun. So of course it doesn't make 1 less valid than another. From what we've seen in the game, I think Planetside 2 takes itself at least "moderately seriously" just not too seriously. All of this is a matter of taste of course, but there is still plenty of room on the silly scale that the game could go but they don't seem to be doing that. Take Saints Row 3 for example.

Old 2012-05-23, 12:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by LostAlgorithm View Post
Hearts plastered all over a cockpit window isn't outrageous to you? And they don't even show up in cockpit view. I say if you want to fly with that nonsense on your window then it should actually block your view.
Meh. WWII bombers had pinups on the side. It's not like there is a giant trucker cap mounted on top of the aircraft.

Also, it's the future. If they can do invisible soldiers, they can probably do paint that's only visible from one direction

Not to mention, that was the Reaver cockpit we were looking at. The game is still in alpha.

Anyhow, no, it doesn't really offend me or strike me as totally outrageous. It's subjective, and I fully expect this to be crossing the line for some people, but not for me. This is actually pretty much where I draw my line.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-05-23, 12:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
arclegger
PlanetSide 2
Level Designer

TB trying to be like me in a Liberator, I should get in a Galaxy and show him how it's done
Old 2012-05-23, 12:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by arclegger View Post
TB trying to be like me in a Liberator, I should get in a Galaxy and show him how it's done
Just dont forget to record a video of it
Old 2012-05-23, 12:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Perpsective:

This is an example of what Planetside 2 is not doing.

http://www.bulletrunthegame.com/

Not saying any of you who dislike the zebra pattern should have to like it or accept it. Just reminding you that yes, Planetside 2 does still take itself somewhat more seriously than some other SOE multiplayer FPS's do.
Old 2012-05-23, 12:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Kurtz
Master Sergeant

So Dice d emasculates jets and SOE follows suit? WTF this deserves a separate post/rant. Bring back bombing no...bring back SKILL to first person shooters. Bring back bombing.

Ive been fighting with Dice since BF Heroes where they first removed bombs AND made it so a sniper could take out a plane with 3-4 shots. Bombs took skill, yes they killed a lot of folks, but it wasn't like you could just fly flat and carpet bomb...Like PS1. I'm sick of people who can't learn to do something want to take the ability away from someone else.

Originally Posted by WildVS View Post
Too much focus on the cosmetics aspect and attempts to out-gawdy each other.
Another problem with BF heroes IMO besides neutered air.

On a positive note, the game looks amazing, the Lib looks fantastic, the physics are there just need the bombs.

Last edited by Kurtz; 2012-05-23 at 12:38 PM.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-05-23, 12:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Evil Redrum
PlanetSide 2
Artist

Originally Posted by arclegger View Post
New standard, suicide Galaxy bombing other aircraft out of the air.
Old 2012-05-23, 12:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
kertvon
Sergeant

Love the lib, it is beefy. Love the sounds. HATE that skin... Camo stripes = okay, zebra stripes = ???

I do get it is a game and whatnot, but... hearts on the cockpit?... There are plenty of practical customization options totally worth spending some real cash on.

Oh well, the game is looking great anyways I suppose.
Old 2012-05-23, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Kipper
Captain

The hearts... lol... Okay, that was weird, and not my personal choice - but you can hardly see that stuff anyway.

The zebra pattern.... I actually kinda liked it. Again, maybe not something I'd go for too much of myself - but I didn't mind seeing it at all. It was.... individual
Old 2012-05-23, 12:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
JPalmer
Master Sergeant

Did you hear how his attitude change when he started with the customizations? In the first video he was rather "serious" and in this one up to the point of the loverator he was as well, then his demeanor changed. That's what I fear will happen to the overall game population when it goes live. Too much focus on the cosmetics aspect and attempts to out-gawdy each other.

He is a commentator talking to a fan base that knows nothing of the series. He was just trying to have some fun for them and even said himself the stuff looks ridiculous.
Old 2012-05-23, 12:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Raymac
Brigadier General

That's what I fear will happen to the overall game population when it goes live. Too much focus on the cosmetics aspect and attempts to out-gawdy each other.
I'm sure there will be players that try to out-gawdy each other. I'm also sure there will be many many players that go the complete other direction and make their visual customizations as functional as possible. It's Planetside. Some people will have more silly fun, and some people will have more serious fun. They really are not mutually exclusive.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion