idea for gals. cargo aircraft - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Will Wolfenstein 3D prepare me well for PlanetSide?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-01, 06:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Re: idea for gals. cargo aircraft

Originally Posted by AThreatToYou View Post
Very poorly, might I add.

AMS's don't have cloak bubbles any more. Is... is there a problem with having an immobile AMS in a stupidly obvious location?
Mate, you are a lucky person to not know the hell I've been through, explaining that GAMS does not break the gameplay. And from their perspective, GAMS (aswell as Sunderer AMS inside a Lodestar) can bypass any frontline there is and land behind it, ruining every fight.

And the funny thing is - EU servers weren't really filled with GAMSes when SAMS was represented (alongside with GAMS), but US people said that nobody was using SAMSes, and Galaxy AMSes were everywhere - "OP, OP, OP, OP, OP... GAMEBRAKING STYLE..." Don't want to get all nationalistic, but that's what I call "native balancing". And people complain about Russian Tanks being too good in WoT...

Originally Posted by AThreatToYou View Post
At the very least, Lodestars transporting an AMS requires teamwork! Just 2 people. That will cut the occurrence of "G-AMS" phenomenon right in half.
It will not, really, I will myself specialize in SAMS delivery if Lodestar is in.

EDIT:
P.S.

And once again we're inside that metagame thing issue...
Lodestar in PS1 required either a Dropship Center (only from which it could be pulled) or to get it you had to recall to sanctuary and move out for a very long trip with 80km/h speed. With a risk (especially after super adv hacking) of your lodestar being lost to a single cloaker.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.

Last edited by NewSith; 2013-01-01 at 06:52 PM.
Old 2013-01-01, 06:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
AThreatToYou
Major

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post

It will not, really, I will myself specialize in SAMS delivery if Sunderer is in.

EDIT:
P.S.

And once again we're inside that metagame thing issue...
Lodestar in PS1 required either a Dropship Center (only from which it could be pulled) or to get it you had to recall to sanctuary and move out for a very long trip with 80km/h speed. With a risk (especially after super adv hacking) of your lodestar being lost to a single cloaker.
Eh, we're free to disagree over how many S-AMS's dropped by Lodestars we'd see. Maybe not right in half, that is a bit preposterous, but I'm sure we'd see less than G-AMS.

And as far as the metagame goes, you do bring up a good point over how the Lodestar was in PS1. It was like the holy grail of a bridge fight that wasn't on Cyssor that was pretty damn vulnerable on its own, which is why I don't think it will be a problem at all.

PS2's level design being so different from PS1 makes me question the use of a Lodestar, however. Bases are so close and the map is basically an intricately woven series of open corridors unless you're in an aircraft.
That's also a point for the Lodestar, because it will be able to transport tanks over that labyrinth.

Eh, fuck it.
Old 2013-01-02, 05:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Blynd
First Sergeant

What about small aircraft like those in avatar very manouverable and tou would have 2 guys on side door infantry guns but to would have to be low to hit anything for decent damage and you could use them like they army use blackhawks etc for hot drops where a gal is too big and cumbersom. They wouldn't have any other weapons other then 2 a2a rockets for defense would be good to use to drop snipers into hard to reach spots fr calling out targes.
Old 2013-01-02, 06:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
RSphil
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Blynd View Post
What about small aircraft like those in avatar very manouverable and tou would have 2 guys on side door infantry guns but to would have to be low to hit anything for decent damage and you could use them like they army use blackhawks etc for hot drops where a gal is too big and cumbersom. They wouldn't have any other weapons other then 2 a2a rockets for defense would be good to use to drop snipers into hard to reach spots fr calling out targes.
little birds would a nice addition in the future. just a bit bigger then the fighters and can be used for spec ops transport of close support by manned heavy guns on the side. would be nice to have troop transport for a smaller group. easier to fly out of site in between hills ect.

but atm i want people to see the idea/big picture of the cargo Gal and how it can make the Gal a useful aircraft again as atm it is hardly seen flying around.

some good ideas though.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion