Nanite Systems - Bridge! - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: [ Quote Removed by Admin. ]
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-02-29, 10:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Spoof
Corporal

Re: Nanite Systems - Bridge!

I think the added width, pedestrian walkways, and the cover the roof and its supports offer will give bridge battles a whole new dynamic. Thumbs up!

And if you look closely... the roof possibly has a second floor walkway (platforms extending into the interior) with a structure in the distance that could be a stairwell.
Old 2012-02-29, 10:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Sabrak
Contributor
First Sergeant

Well I hope that the roof of the bridge is some kind of "deployable", since I'll probably play aircav...

Like, you capture the bridge, and then your empire puts ressources on it to spawn protections such as a roof or turrets.
Old 2012-02-29, 10:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Akemo
Corporal

Exclamation Re: Nanite Systems - Bridge!

Originally Posted by Traak View Post
I wonder if we can deploy Spitfires in it.
You cannot. Mainly because spitfires will not exist in Planetside 2.
Old 2012-02-29, 10:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Graywolves
General

I think the bridge appears to be sporting the NC colors.

Perhaps we can capture bridges now and spawn on them?

I highly doubt we would build anything THAT huge unless it was some high resource cost Command ability that let you call down a bridge in different places.
Old 2012-02-29, 11:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
DayOne
Captain

You see that bit above the tiny dude? I think that's a second layer!

Ambush anyone?
Old 2012-02-29, 11:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Graywolves View Post
I think the bridge appears to be sporting the NC colors.

Perhaps we can capture bridges now and spawn on them?

I highly doubt we would build anything THAT huge unless it was some high resource cost Command ability that let you call down a bridge in different places.
It's probably a permanent bridge, but something interesting would be if the bridge was destructable. It would have amazing tacticle implications, but it will have to be both difficult to blow and difficult to repair.

To give an example, let's say a faction needs to lay 10 boomers per pillar on X pillars beneath the bridge(let's say there is a walkway underneath). You blow it up, it's gone for 2 hours(self-repairing).

However, unharrassed, a team of engineers can start repairing the bridge, allowing it to be repaired in say 20 or 30 minutes.

And as said above, there being a walkway, that makes it so battles have the potential to be 2 tiered, 1 on top with tanks trying to get accross, and 1 on the walkway underneath trying to destroy(or prevent the destruction of) the bridge.

So many possibilities, but I doubt it would be in at Launch.
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams
Old 2012-02-29, 11:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Quovatis
PSU Staff
Wiki Ninja

Truly massive! The addition of a roof and pillars to hide behind is a big improvement.
Old 2012-02-29, 11:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Neksar
Corporal

Originally Posted by Geist View Post
repaired in say 20 or 30 minutes.
That doesn't sound fun.
Old 2012-02-29, 11:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Raka Maru
Major

Originally Posted by SpLiTNuTz View Post
Lol thats part of the bridge :P if you look further down there is another one
No way, that's just some other dude crouching on his watch. I think it's a soldier.
Old 2012-02-29, 11:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Geist View Post
It's probably a permanent bridge, but something interesting would be if the bridge was destructable. It would have amazing tacticle implications, but it will have to be both difficult to blow and difficult to repair.

To give an example, let's say a faction needs to lay 10 boomers per pillar on X pillars beneath the bridge(let's say there is a walkway underneath). You blow it up, it's gone for 2 hours(self-repairing).

However, unharrassed, a team of engineers can start repairing the bridge, allowing it to be repaired in say 20 or 30 minutes.

And as said above, there being a walkway, that makes it so battles have the potential to be 2 tiered, 1 on top with tanks trying to get accross, and 1 on the walkway underneath trying to destroy(or prevent the destruction of) the bridge.

So many possibilities, but I doubt it would be in at Launch.
And suddenly, you wont have bridge battles ever, because all of them get destroyed by random fire sooner or later.

Stop this "destroyable enviroment" nonsense, its less fun than you can even imagine!
Old 2012-02-29, 11:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by basti View Post
And suddenly, you wont have bridge battles ever, because all of them get destroyed by random fire sooner or later.

Stop this "destroyable environment" nonsense, its less fun than you can even imagine!
You tell em Basti!

Also hooray for the size of it, won't get my Lightning or Marauder knocked off the side so easily now by those damned road hogs

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2012-02-29, 11:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
DayOne
Captain

Originally Posted by basti View Post

Stop this "destroyable enviroment" nonsense, its less fun than you can even imagine!
Being able to wreck a bridge is a horrible idea, but what about being able to hold back the enemy?

Blow the middle out the bridge! now tanks can't get through!

I promise I'm not saying this because I'm Vanu...
Old 2012-02-29, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Destroyable environment is fine as long as time and effort involved along with the pros and cons of destruction are properly thought out.

Bridges are probably something that shouldn't be destroyed in a whole, perhaps sections or parts that allow limited crossing or more exposure to fire, that can be repaired in fairly short order.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2012-02-29, 12:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Miir
Malvision

I'd vote for a section of the bridge being able to be damaged. Not the whole bridge but a section. But static is ok.

They haven't said much about the mission system but I picture it giving missions like defending a bridge or taking it out. Which would be awesome.

Either way bridge battles just got way better! I love it!
Old 2012-02-29, 12:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Neksar View Post
That doesn't sound fun.
Well, think of it this way. Say, after a bridge is destroy, 4 pylons come out to start the slow process of rebuilding the bridge. One or 2 engineers come up and activate a faster rebuild process.

Now, If an empire wanted, they could leave a few people behind enemy lines and defend the pylons that come up, to keep the engineers from activating the faster rebuild time.

But I agree, I'll get rid of the requirement for engineers to stay there. Just activate the thing and get in a Galaxy until the bridge is repaired and you can start rolling tanks again.
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion