News: TR Cycler - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: B!tchign about the new EXP system since 2003
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-01-30, 06:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
2coolforu
First Lieutenant

Re: TR Cycler

Needs a banana mag, hope you can add it in. Square mag just looks wrong.
Old 2012-01-30, 06:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Aractain
Major

square mags are so NC... ugh
Old 2012-01-30, 06:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Knocky
Major

Originally Posted by Aractain View Post
square mags are so NC... ugh
Ouch, that hit too close to home...too mean....too mean.
Old 2012-01-30, 07:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
FIREk
Captain

I don't like it... While the overall design is nice, the pointlessly "telescopic" design is just... wrong.

I bitched a bit about the original Cycler, but it looked a hundred times better... :<
Old 2012-01-30, 07:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Canaris
Contributor
General

I really like the new cyclers, although as someone said Banana up that magazine and we got a deal!

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2012-01-30, 08:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
LZachariah
First Lieutenant

I think it's interesting that this present incarnation of the Cycler is LESS "round and circular" than the Planetside 1 version (which has an elongated drum-magazine and a rounder front-grip). In the end, I do not find this to be a huge issue, though I will say that (aside from the MCG), the Terran weapons don't seem to fit the art-style of round edges and circles (and I love the art-style differentiation between the three factions). I believe that the NC weapons fit the style fairly well, and the Vanu weapons look absolutely amazing (but I'm biased).

However, this is SOE's game, and I have no major complaints, only eagerness. And also, I won't be wielding these Terran weapons, I'll be killing people who are wielding them, so it's not really my issue :-)

~Zachariah
Old 2012-01-30, 08:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by LZachariah View Post
I think it's interesting that this present incarnation of the Cycler is LESS "round and circular" than the Planetside 1 version (which has an elongated drum-magazine and a rounder front-grip). In the end, I do not find this to be a huge issue, though I will say that (aside from the MCG), the Terran weapons don't seem to fit the art-style of round edges and circles (and I love the art-style differentiation between the three factions). I believe that the NC weapons fit the style fairly well, and the Vanu weapons look absolutely amazing (but I'm biased).

However, this is SOE's game, and I have no major complaints, only eagerness. And also, I won't be wielding these Terran weapons, I'll be killing people who are wielding them, so it's not really my issue :-)

~Zachariah
TR weps look military grade unlike the other empires'. This is where the lore steps in, rather than design stamps.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-01-30, 09:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
LZachariah
First Lieutenant

Ah, now THAT i will definitely agree with. Yes, they certainly look like rigid, standardized, military-grade, mass-produced weapons. I can definitely appreciate that, and I hadn't considered it. The NC weapons look like a combination of "this is a weapon" and "this is technology not originally meant for combat that has been re-engineered to be meant for paramilitary use." The Vanu weapons look like "this is a weapon that is the product of advanced, only partially-understandable science."

If the Terran weapon art-design was going for "no frills standardized military," I'd say they nailed it. Now, this could be unified with the circles and round edges, but again, it's not a big issue to me.

~Zachariah
Old 2012-01-30, 10:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Aurmanite
Captain

I sure hope the round tommy gun style mag is an unlock.
Old 2012-01-30, 10:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
LZachariah
First Lieutenant

That would be a good thing; maybe double the magazine capacity, make it a drum instead of a clip, etc.
Old 2012-01-30, 10:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by LZachariah View Post
That would be a good thing; maybe double the magazine capacity, make it a drum instead of a clip, etc.
lol I'm down with that, drum mags on everything TR especially the Repeater, not only am I playing PS 2 I'm also in a John Woo movie. Hurray for never having to reload

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2012-01-30, 12:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
LZachariah
First Lieutenant

w00000!
Old 2012-01-30, 03:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
bjorntju1
Captain

I don't really like the ARV one, but this one isnt bad. However I am curious what this weapon is:

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
I mean this one
I liked that one more. But I think they want to go with a more millitary look like NewSith said. So they changed it with the one we have now.
Old 2012-01-30, 04:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
LZachariah
First Lieutenant

Do we think that this weapon shown above is possibly a Nanite Systems rifle? The Suppressor, perhaps? We've already seen that Nanite Systems technology is sometimes given a color-pattern overlay that matches the faction (such as the ATV's that we've been shown for the Terrans and NC, for instance).
Old 2012-01-30, 05:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

or it might never exist like a couple early PS1 guns.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion