What are your concerns about ps2? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Like the drink, Only not spelled the same
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-11, 12:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Eyeklops
First Lieutenant

Re: What are your concerns about ps2?

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
With classes being the way they are now. I think its perfectly fine for the heavy assault class to be able to pilot. Why should someone who is far spec'd out in heavy assault be forced out of his class when he is going A to B? I wouldn't want to be forced to use a class I dislike due to transportation.
That's what buggies and ATV's are for. If you want to wear the heavy armor, there should be a vehicle drawback.
Old 2012-07-11, 12:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
derito
Contributor
Sergeant

My first concern is SOE's obligation to add content. Of course I want them to add stuff over time but with the F2P model they may try to do it fast to encourage players to buy boosters and gear with station cash. I'm not concerned about pay to win but rather about the complexity.
An example of that for me would be Team Fortress 2. God knows I love that game and that it was worth every single cent I spent to buy it. However Valve added way too many things that weren't worth adding. This adds complexity and while complexity can be a good thing (e.g. internet spaceships) it also requires a lot more work to balance and makes it more tedious for players to keep up to date. So unless that complexity adds something meaningful to the gameplay it just shouldn't be added. That's why I fear seeing SOE adding content for the sake of adding content.

Also, as an European player I have some concerns about how ProSiebenSat.1 will handle the game's distribution in Europe (Germans are evil )
Old 2012-07-11, 12:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
MrKWalmsley
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by derito View Post
I'm not concerned about pay to win but rather about the complexity.
When you say you are not concerned do you mean you are not concerned because it is unlikely to occur or no concerned because pay to win doesn't concern you?
Old 2012-07-11, 12:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
derito
Contributor
Sergeant

Originally Posted by MrKWalmsley View Post
When you say you are not concerned do you mean you are not concerned because it is unlikely to occur or no concerned because pay to win doesn't concern you?
Because I trust the devs to be smart enough to avoid straight out pay to win.
Edit : The problem with complexity is that one item on its own may seem fun and worth it while in the grand scheme of things it really isn't. It's sneaky and can be pretty hard to notice while designing content hence my concerns.

Last edited by derito; 2012-07-11 at 12:51 PM.
Old 2012-07-11, 12:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
disky
Sergeant

The only real things that bother my about PS2 right now are the fact that Indar is a square, there isn't enough variety in base type, and resources seem too abundant. As far as resources are concerned though, I'm waiting for beta to see how the system actually works.

Oh, and I'm just a little worried about the HA driving tanks thing. Just doesn't seem right.
Old 2012-07-11, 01:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Xaine
Major

The game being made too simple, or dumbed down to make it easier for the unwashed masses.
Old 2012-07-11, 01:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
SmallBird
Private

I'm concerned that PS2 will start to go down Tribes Assend's route...
Here's looking at you Jackal and Plasma Rifle...

I'm concerned that PS2 will start nerfing snipers (basically what Tribes Assend did), so that skill driven headshots from across the map with bullet drop and travel time are not 1 shot kills... (that's not ROFL'ing... it's writhing in pain).

I'm concerned that vehicle battles will devolve into quickly escaping a vehicle and shooting rockets at each other. I really hope they have an animation. I hope to Stendarr, that they will implement an animation or a timer.

I'm concerned that the noob tube will be identical to COD:MW 2/3. I hope that grenade launchers and rockets will stun enemies (unless direct hit).

I hope they have very tough anti-cheating protocols.

But... My number 1 concern is LAG. I seriously hope that the game doesn't lag. If Assend can do it, PS2 should do it 10x better.

Last edited by SmallBird; 2012-07-11 at 01:37 PM.
Old 2012-07-11, 04:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
SixShooter
Captain

I'm concerned that my wife and kids will leave me because all I will do is play PS2.
I'm concerned that there are not enough hours in the day to play PS2.
I'm oddly concerned that others are concered about a lack of a win condition.

Old 2012-07-11, 04:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Ratstomper
Major

I'm concerned my computer won't even bother trying to run it.

...although that's more of a concern about my computer than the game itself.
Old 2012-07-11, 05:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
DSxGIIR
Private

One of my issues is squad spawning...If theres 2-3 of your squad mates are in a battle and you died you have X amount of time to spawn back in the same spot, and you're already back in action. If you take out squad spawning you will make the player actually run his way back into the battle which would give the other Empire a chance to push out the opposing empire.

Only reason why squad spawning worked in BF3 is because it was a skirmish match and they have a goal to reach in a certain amount of time. PLEASE TRAY and HIGBY TAKE OUT SQUAD SPAWNING!!!!
Old 2012-07-11, 05:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Ant001
Corporal

1. Hackers/Cheats
2. No proper doors in a base. Love that open and close sound.
3. Tank driver/gunner ... dont make it BF.
4. Need a SOI so pods cant drop on your head when defending a base.
5. From what we have seen bases look like TDM maps and NOT defensible bases.

And I forgot ---HA should never ever ever be able to drive a tank.

Last edited by Ant001; 2012-07-11 at 05:16 PM.
Old 2012-07-11, 05:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Braveliltoaster
Staff Sergeant

my concern is the hackers will destroy it. Higby said that they will have a beefy anti hacking system but if feels like I have heard that before from other games... sadly the people that make hacks are smarter than everyone thinks
Old 2012-07-11, 05:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Rodel View Post
Does anyone know if PS2 will have a recert option?
You won't need it. Your character will start off with a basic access to the default version of every class and every vehicle in the game. Certifications will just add depth to your abilities within that class or vehicle.

So you won't even need to recert into ATV's becuase you will always have access to them.

Also, you will never stop being able to earn more cert points, and they will come at a steady rate, not exponentially slower as you level up like in the first game. There is no cert cap. If you cert into something and then later decide you wanted to cert into something else, then just save up a few more cert points and get the other thing as well.

This of course potentially raises it's own set of concerns for some people, but being unable to reclaim your cert points will not be a big problem.
Old 2012-07-11, 05:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Sephirex
Major

Not getting to play before the end of the world.
Old 2012-07-11, 05:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
DrifterBG
Private

1) People only looking for faults, and thereby making them overshadow the positives
2) The devs catering to the iWin crowd and COD kiddies
3) Teamplay being seen as "overpowered" by the unwashed masses and nerfed
4) Everyone and their mom going around with rocket launchers making my aircraft die very quickly
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion