Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2003-01-28, 09:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Wreck
Private

Originally posted by RabidPlatypus
Hydrogen cars vroom vroooooooom

nooooo!!! that means hes gonna come for canada next! he wants our water!!! and he doesnt like us cause we're decriminalizing mary-jane!!! Canada is next boys and girls....

His next speech is gonna be about Canada Australia and Mexico - The Axis of Semi-Evil but Secretly Has Bad Thoughts about the US
Old 2003-01-28, 09:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

It didn't seem to be much of a "State of the Union" address. It was more of a heres why we will go to war speech (not that I am against a war).

He did his very best to avoid talking about the failing economy.

Did he even mention anything that was going well with the country except war on terrorism?

All he did was mention very general plans while trying to be as uncontravercial as possible.

I was dissapointed that he specifically mentioned reducing environmental regulations.

Sit Back, Relax, and Enjoy the Action.
Old 2003-01-28, 10:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

What?? He spent the whole first half of the speech talking about all the ways he was trying to stimulate the economy. He then went on to talk about how much money they were shelling out to create all kinds of newer safer and better enviroments and enviromental stuff. What state of the union did you watch?

He certainly wasn't being uncontreversial, he talked about banning pb abortions and cloning among other things like homeland drilling.

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2003-01-28, 10:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

Nav, You are responding to a Leftist Zombie that heard what he wanted to hear, not what was said. Thats obvious from his response. In the three different places I have checked the responses to Bushes Speech, almost invariably there are those that said what Lex Said/.. Bush just drummed up for war and ignore domestic issues...

Whatever.

Last edited by MrVicchio; 2003-01-29 at 05:55 AM.
Old 2003-01-28, 10:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
mistled
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Yuyi
Great speech. I sware i wanted to slap the shit out of nancy and hillary. There depressed look of "damn i hate being here" is just pitiful. Especially when nancy was laughing. Overall im waiting for Febuary 5th.
Hell yeah. Haha... did you see when nancy was smiling while shaking her head no the whole time. Or is that what you were talking about when she was laughing?? Either way, she's a freak of nature. She's too far left for even the democrats I know.

...Visit {BOHICA}...

{BOHICA}: Giving it to Gamers, One Ass Kicking at a Time
Old 2003-01-28, 10:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
chaos1428
Master Sergeant

Sign me up for a hydrogen car, man. I've been waiting for those for a long time. Just really suprises me though. You start trying to get the country off gas powered cars, oil companies will falter like nothing. I just don't see Bush willingly taking a dent in his pocket book. If he does, well hell, more power to him. I suppose it all depends on if his oil stock is in foreign or domestic oil.
Old 2003-01-28, 10:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

If you recall they were proposed initiatives that had not been passed or taken effect, not what he had been doing the past year.

Bush specifically avoided the adressing the state of the union.

Do you really want me to quote the actual things he said he has done. It is about 2 lines of text and doesn't say anything positive about how America is doing under bush.

I would like for you to find for me quotes where he is can say something positive about the state of the America besides war on terrorism.

As far as contravercial, I think a good portion of pro-choicers are aginast partial birth abortions. I don't see banning cloning as that contravercial.

Old 2003-01-28, 10:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by MrVicchio
Nav, You are responding to a Leftist Zombie that heard what he wnated to hear, not what was said. Thats obvious from his repsonse. Int eh three different places I have checkeed the responses to Bushes Speech, almsot invaribaley there are those that said what Lex Said/.. Bush jsut drummed up for war and ignore domestic issues...

Whatever.
And you are not predispositioned to being pro-bush, Mr I have Bush's pic as my avatar Vicchio?

Old 2003-01-28, 10:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

I don't get where this Bush wants oil so he gets rich thing comes from. He doesn't own oil companies or their stocks.

"If you recall they were proposed initiatives that had not been passed or taken effect, not what he had been doing the past year."

He proposed a lot of that stuff last year, and all those "Unified"dems just held it up and held it up.

"Do you really want me to quote the actual things he said he has done. It is about 2 lines of text and doesn't say anything positive about how America is doing under bush."

Please do.

"I would like for you to find for me quotes where he is can say something positive about the state of the America besides war on terrorism."

In every single one of his propositions he talked about how this was doing good, and his plan would make it better.

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2003-01-28, 10:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
chaos1428
Master Sergeant

Don;t get me wrong, I thought it was a great speech. But I was under the impression that most of the Bush family were big time oil tycoons. If not, then I stand corrected.
Old 2003-01-28, 10:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by {BOHICA}Navaron
"Do you really want me to quote the actual things he said he has done. It is about 2 lines of text and doesn't say anything positive about how America is doing under bush."

Please do.
Here we go:

"To protect our country, we reorganized our government and created the Department of Homeland Security, which is mobilizing against the threats of a new era.

To bring our economy out of recession, we delivered the largest tax relief in a generation.

To insist on integrity in American business, we passed tough reforms, and we are holding corporate criminals to account. "

That is it. That is the end of what he has done for the country in the last year. Wonderful work bush, we know how much harder you are on corperate criminals than you were a year ago. That is definately one of Bush's finer points.

As far as how is the country country changed in the last year Bush did put up one fact. He did admit to the fact that unemployment has gone up in the last year.

You say that he proposed all kinds of stuff but democrats shot it all down. You can't put all the blame on democrats for his inability to get anything done. We have had a Republican house for many years and now we have a republican senate.

Nav give me a specific example where he is saying something about the US and how it is better than it was a year ago besides war on terrorism.

Last edited by Lexington_Steele; 2003-01-28 at 11:17 PM.
Old 2003-01-28, 11:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
OneManArmy
Contributor
Lieutenant General

All in all I thought it was a pretty good speech. Although he did not cover a topic I had wanted to hear about. I was really kinda hoping he would discuss bombing france....
Old 2003-01-29, 12:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

George W Bush was a director and paid consultant for Harken Energy Corporation. They're not in oil, unless you count the way they make money.

Dick Cheney was all over Halliburton, a Gibsonesque oil/defense conglomerate.
Old 2003-01-29, 01:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
archaic1128
Sergeant

Qoute,
I]"thatis it.That is the end of what he has done for the country in the last year. Wonderfull work bush......[/I]

Lexington,
Please take a step back and look at the main issue. The main issue of this country is 9-11, period. Blaming Mr. Bush on not getting anything done is ridiculous. You are essentially putting all of the after effects of 9-11 on Bush's lap. Mr. Bush has faced more serious issues in his short presidency than most double term presidents. Let's see: Iraq, N. Korea, Numerous Corporate scandals, Afghanistan, 9-11 and all of its aftermaths(i.e. slumping economy etc.) and i'm sure theres a few more not popping into my head.

Now lets take a look at the last president, Mr. BJ-Clinton. What did he accomplish in 8 yrs? Besides trading top secret info to the chinese, lying to everyone in the nation about monica, fiddling around w/ al-Quida and Afghanistan, pardoning his fraudulant business partner, need i go on?

The state of the union address was indeed about war. That IS the state of our union - WAR. Hussein should've been dealt w/ during Desert Storm ,at the very least in 98' by Mr. BJ-Clinton when the inspectors got tossed, but Mr. BJ decided to throw it on someone elses lap (i.e. next pres.) Mr. BJ should've also dealt w/ Al-Quaida and Afghanistan, then maybe 9-11 would'nt of occurred. So if your looking to place blame on someone for the state of our union, blame Mr. BJ, because all of this fell into Bush's lap.
Old 2003-01-29, 01:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

Just so you know, 9/11 wasn't last year so it would have been covered in last years State of the Union Address. I don't see 9/11 as the main issue either.

And by listing all of the wonderful things that have happened to this country under the Bush Administration, you have demonstrated that he doesn't have much positive things to talk about.

So what are your complaints against Clinton? He lied about Monica Lewinsky?

Clinton did not give top secret info to the Chinese. It was Reagan that suplied Osama and the Taliban with weapons. And it seemed to me that Clinton was making headway in diffusing the north Korea situation.

Blaming 9/11 on Clinton is ridiculous.

As far as the corperate scandals, Bush's administration knew about the financial status of Enron months before they publicly reported their bankruptcy. Bush was the person who was in the best position to stop Enron from happening. In fact Bush has engaged in his own insider trading.

So your big problem with Clinton is he got a BJ? God forbid that every male here gets an extra BJ.

Last edited by Lexington_Steele; 2003-01-29 at 02:01 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge