Strikers are OP against air. - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Protoss StarCraft Universe.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-07-10, 05:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
NoXousX
Corporal

Re: Strikers are OP against air.

I'm sorry some TR live in a delusional world. Strikers are retarded OP against air, and it's a good thing they are being changed next patch. If you disagree you are ignorant and/or dumb.
Old 2013-07-10, 05:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by NoXousX View Post
I'm sorry some TR live in a delusional world. Strikers are retarded OP against air, and it's a good thing they are being changed next patch. If you disagree you are ignorant and/or dumb.
Actually it's vice versa. The AA lock-ons are going to be all like the Striker.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2013-07-11, 02:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
SerethiX
Corporal

Wait the new lock on mechanical next update, before you want to nerf it.

SerethiX - www.serethi.de
Old 2013-07-11, 04:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
NoXousX
Corporal

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
Actually it's vice versa. The AA lock-ons are going to be all like the Striker.

They already are... fire and forget terrain avoiding 0 skill weapons countered by 2 things

1) Flares
2) Bugged out misses

Oh the depth and skill they add to this game...

Last edited by NoXousX; 2013-07-11 at 04:29 PM.
Old 2013-07-11, 05:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by NoXousX View Post
They already are... fire and forget terrain avoiding 0 skill weapons countered by 2 things

1) Flares
2) Bugged out misses

Oh the depth and skill they add to this game...
I disagree with you, but I can't really argue, because my playstyle does not include flying. From down below I don't really see many kills with F&F missiles. If anything, I find it way more useful to pull a double burster, rather than Annihilator/AA-loaded HA to deal with aircraft. Which is true to very high degree and Flak seems overabundant from where I stand.

The lock-ons add some variety to the gameplay as opposed to shooting bullets at everything, including aircraft. To illustrate in a short and over-exaggerated way:
I see a soldier - I hold LMB
I see a tank - I hold LMB (Lancer, Vulkan, etc)
I see a jet - I hold LMB and RMB following almost instantly (Burster)

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.

Last edited by NewSith; 2013-07-11 at 05:53 PM.
Old 2013-07-31, 12:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
RJGatling
Private

Is the striker overpowered? Yeah. Are we interested in reducing the overpowered weapons on every faction or just eliminating a specific faction? I hope the original poster will have the decency to throw something out on VS that is overpowered and needs a nerf. We all know they're out there, but even if your point of the weapon being overly powered is accurate, it holds no weight unless you throw out something from your faction's vast arsenal for a nerf. Otherwise you're just leg humping the developers for a lop sided game.
Old 2013-07-31, 01:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by RJGatling View Post
Otherwise you're just leg humping the developers for a lop sided game.
Only if you subscribe to the notion that the current situation isn't already lopsided. Which I believe is OPs point.
Old 2013-07-31, 01:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Boildown
Sergeant

Strikers are OP, but with the ESF changes upcoming, it only matters to Sunderers and Harassers. So it still matters.

I have two builds with maxed out extra rockets instead of nano or flak. One for the Hawk and one for the Annihilator. Pretty sure that would work for those complaining that the Striker doesn't have enough ammo.

The Crow, by the way, the NC anti-vehicle lockon, is terrible. It can't track a moving vehicle. Its completely useless against Harassers and often misses anything else that is moving. The Annihilator is much more useful just because it tracks well enough to almost always hit. I would love to have a Crow that tracks like an Annihilator and does ever more damage than a Crow.

The Hawk is decent even though it doesn't track as well as the Annihilator. It usually has time to turn around and hit an aircraft, and it hits slightly harder when it hits. But lately I find myself using the Annihilator far more often, because Harassers are just too fast to be reliably hit with dumb fires, and you can't get a moment's peace to shoot at aircraft without one showing up.

TLDR: The Striker will still be the best ESRL after the ESF pass. I'll reserve judgement until after the ESF pass as to whether being the best means its still OP.

Old 2013-07-31, 01:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
RJGatling
Private

I do believe it is lopsided, in Vanu's favor. My alt is VS and I feel like a cheap whore playing on that side. The Magrider's wall scaling ability, Cadillac ride providing for impossible to miss shots, SVA-88 recoilless rifle, Zoe max increased damage/movement. Sorry, VS is fun and easy and when I see spoilt people complain about a speck of dust in somebody else's eye, I find if nigh impossible to hold back my cynical laughter admiring the 2x4 hanging out of their orbital socket.

As the above posted, new lock on rules will make it a lot more balanced. Powerful still, but no more hail mary shots.

Last edited by RJGatling; 2013-07-31 at 02:32 PM.
Old 2013-07-31, 02:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Slow down, Hacksaw.
  • Many thought the the Magrider's mobility was horribly OP - it was subsequently nerfed. It also has the slowest shot velocity, so I'm not sure where this unmissable stuff is coming from.
  • The SVA-88 has a recoil set of .45/.2. Sooooo . . . what the hell are you going on about?
  • ZOE has a pretty big downside, which is you are a (increasingly) paper-thin disco light.

Look, I don't have the numbers, and I don't know SOE's design goals. But I do see a pretty massive monoculture, and that usually means something's broken. Like when every VS soldier was in a single-gunned Mag, because they were that good. Surely you remember.
Old 2013-07-31, 02:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
mrmrmrj
Sergeant

If you think Strikers are overpowered, then log on a TR HA with Striker and try it out. You will soon learn that it is ok. Now, 3 guys with Strikers will kill anything, but that is a different argument.
Old 2013-07-31, 02:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
RJGatling
Private

SVA-88, for it's fire, no drop off, etc. is incredibly easy to manage on recoil. If you're used to playing TR or NC, VS seems absolutely recoilless. Magrider may have been nerfed, but it's still vastly superior for firing while moving, etc. Wall scaling ability wasn't addressed in your reply. Zoe downside isn't much, but after VS had such a trash max for so long, I think it's fine.

You're right on the monoculture indicative of a problem. Look at the swarm of people heading to VS, they have the largest gain in new members/population on several servers. Since we agree with the theory that such a monoculture equals a problem, how do we address the VS?
Old 2013-07-31, 02:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Wahooo
Captain

Originally Posted by Boildown View Post
Strikers are OP, but with the ESF changes upcoming, it only matters to Sunderers and Harassers. So it still matters.

I have two builds with maxed out extra rockets instead of nano or flak. One for the Hawk and one for the Annihilator. Pretty sure that would work for those complaining that the Striker doesn't have enough ammo.

The Crow, by the way, the NC anti-vehicle lockon, is terrible. It can't track a moving vehicle. Its completely useless against Harassers and often misses anything else that is moving. The Annihilator is much more useful just because it tracks well enough to almost always hit. I would love to have a Crow that tracks like an Annihilator and does ever more damage than a Crow.

The Hawk is decent even though it doesn't track as well as the Annihilator. It usually has time to turn around and hit an aircraft, and it hits slightly harder when it hits. But lately I find myself using the Annihilator far more often, because Harassers are just too fast to be reliably hit with dumb fires, and you can't get a moment's peace to shoot at aircraft without one showing up.

TLDR: The Striker will still be the best ESRL after the ESF pass. I'll reserve judgement until after the ESF pass as to whether being the best means its still OP.
Strikers tracking is the worst of all.

I still don't think they should be fire and forget, but would need a bit of a speed buff if they needed to maintain a manual lock similar to old PS1 style skillfire max.
Old 2013-07-31, 03:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Eggy
Sergeant

I have max smoke on my prowler.

It hasnt prevented a single point of Lancer, Phoenix or Engi Turret damage since they were released.
Old 2013-07-31, 03:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by RJGatling View Post
You're right on the monoculture indicative of a problem. Look at the swarm of people heading to VS, they have the largest gain in new members/population on several servers. Since we agree with the theory that such a monoculture equals a problem, how do we address the VS?
Presumably, in a thread on the topic, with numbers to back up a claim.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion