intel ad - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Because real life is to.... real.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-09-15, 03:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Harps
i would cancel at this point because why would i want to play on empty servers...

o and about the stop watching cable.. people dont pay for the channels .. NBC doesnt get our monthly payment from cable companys, so i see why they have to advertise. Its like you pay for hbo and you dont get commericals. Also the movie theaters are getting into a bunch of trouble now they cant play any commercials besides before the movie listing time
So you're using rabbit ears on your television and that's it? As far as I know, that's the only free television that I can think of, otherwise you certainly are paying for your channels. HBO is a different beast altogether. If you have cable/Dish/DirectTV then you're paying for channels. Comedy Central has commercials, ESPN has commercials, everybody but a select few channels which don't come with the basic package have commercials.

And I went to the movies on Friday and had a Vanilla Pepsi commercial when the movie was supposed to have started.
Old 2003-09-15, 05:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
PallarAndersVis
Private

Originally posted by Harps
like i said guys ... Its not that it effects the gameplay and im not ganna stop playing because of it but really come on we are paying 13 a month and whoever said the ad will get us more free stuff you are a idiot... Really i thnk planetside is suffering from lack of players and they need another income matter how little it is.

lets not get childish
Old 2003-09-15, 05:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Harps
First Sergeant

Um .. All i know is they stopped playing commercials soon as the movie is supposed to start around my area. and with tv do u think the commercials are making networks money or cable companies money ? Im not a cable expert but im guessing the networks. Also ill use the internet connection as an example it goes in with the same area of TV. Your paying for your connection not the websites meaning different companies on websites are ganna run ads to make money(just like tv channels). If ur paying for a internet connection im assuming they arnt sending ads to you

Im just pissed because you shouldnt see a god damn ad in a computer game... i guess like some1 else said it was only a matter of time

Last edited by Harps; 2003-09-15 at 05:53 PM.
Old 2003-09-15, 05:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
sandmtrailboss
Sergeant

My opinion is either advertise to us or pay the fee. I dont wana pay for a game and see other companies advertising. It probably wasnt any of the game developers idea , probably came from the top of sony, ya know the real money makers.
Old 2003-09-15, 06:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
ObnoxiousFrog
Brigadier General

trailboss, you just gave sigbot a banquet with leftovers.

Old 2003-09-15, 07:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Rarzo
Sergeant

Please now people, This ad takes up a small corner of your screen while you are loading the continent. I welcome new things to read while waiting to load the place. I dont like the monthly fee at all... I would rather see Intel ads on MAX's than keep paying the fee.
Old 2003-09-15, 09:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Harps
First Sergeant

Originally posted by Rarzo
Please now people, This ad takes up a small corner of your screen while you are loading the continent. I welcome new things to read while waiting to load the place. I dont like the monthly fee at all... I would rather see Intel ads on MAX's than keep paying the fee.
thats the point.. were still paying the monthly fee and we have to look at ads
Old 2003-09-15, 10:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Ghryphen
PSU Code Monkey

It is the ads that let you pay the price you do. It is possible that the revenue they are earning on the game is not enough to support the game. Try running a business and educate yourselves and maybe it will make more sense to you all.

BOOHOO!!

Twitter | Dragon Wolves
Old 2003-09-15, 10:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
DaddyWarBux
Private

even if the ad is needed to continue to be able to pay the $13 a month fee we deserve an explanation of why it's there. I know someone is gonna pull that coorperate giant bullshit. "pAhAhAh n00b they are t3h s0ny t3hy don't have to do anything!!! PwnED!!!" but I'm tired of that crap, went through bad PR with blizz and don't know why people should have to go through it when they pay $13 a month for it.
Old 2003-09-15, 10:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Harps
First Sergeant

Originally posted by DaddyWarBux
even if the ad is needed to continue to be able to pay the $13 a month fee we deserve an explanation of why it's there. I know someone is gonna pull that coorperate giant bullshit. "pAhAhAh n00b they are t3h s0ny t3hy don't have to do anything!!! PwnED!!!" but I'm tired of that crap, went through bad PR with blizz and don't know why people should have to go through it when they pay $13 a month for it.
Old 2003-09-15, 10:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
PallarAndersVis
Private

here's an idea: DONT LOOK AT THE FUCKING AD.

christ, its not like its popping up during gameplay. I know a small percentage of you have finished first grade, so learn to ignore it. For the rest of you, well i guess you have some growing up to do.
Old 2003-09-15, 11:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Hamma
PSU Admin

It doesent bother me, but it seems somewhat out of place

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-09-16, 12:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
Nawchoz
Private

I just have to laugh at the irony of it all. "Runs great on P4 (ht)", yet I have a P4 and it runs like crap most of the time, and as far as i've heard, PS doesnt even utilize Hyperthreading...

I do have to take issue with the advertisements in any game, however. I've always been in the mindset that if you pay for something, you ARE the source of income and shouldn't have to look at advertisements (secondary income). If they want to fill the screen with ads for the 7-day trialers, thats just great.. i understand they need to make money some how. But when we already pay $49+13/mo, i figure we've put enough in the pot to enjoy an ad-free gaming experience.

And to those who argue that SOE isn't making enough money on this game to be ad-free, so what. Then They need to improve it to attract more paying customers. Expecting the income from ads to shore up the budget deficit is like putting a plastic bag on a sucking chest wound...
Old 2003-09-16, 01:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
kreeten
Contributor
First Sergeant

P4

Hate it ,agree with not paying to be subjected to this ad campaign without choice at a monetary cost to me. Bump it up!
Old 2003-09-16, 03:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
Doppler
Contributor
Major

A moment of clarity

Reading this thread i had a moment of clairty that only comes from a life time of meditation or 15 seconds worth of use of certain drugs.

SOny pumps a bunch more adds in then begins running a.

Want no adds, sign up for premium service!

Win win, and they might actualy offer in game tech support and rare guns and quests.

/rant off /sarcasm off

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.

Last edited by Doppler; 2003-09-16 at 05:24 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion