Tanks real roll - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The #1 reason to become an insomniac.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-15, 01:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
noxious
Second Lieutenant

The Magrider [in compairison to the Vanguard and Prowler] is a superior anti-aircraft platform. The tradeoff is that it is an inferior anti-tank and anti-infantry platform. I consider the anti-air ability compensation for its lackluster anti-tank and anti-infantry ability. I'm not saying it's largely inferior, but I think we can all agree it is inferior nevertheless.
Old 2004-02-15, 02:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
DHoff
Corporal

Btw the strafing ability and turning of a magrider sucks ass and it is only the fastest tank by 4kph. An agile can strafe as fast as a mag (20 kph) and the van turns faster and is only 4kph slower. So don't say the mag has better maneuverability the only extra thing it has is that it can hover over water.
Old 2004-02-15, 02:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
shaizan
Contributor
Corporal

I'd just like to point out that the word you are using is spelled role and not roll when used in this meaning.
Old 2004-02-15, 02:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Gigabein
Sergeant Major

I don't see anything wrong with Vanu equipment not conforming to the "normal" usage.
Old 2004-02-15, 02:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Ait'al
Contributor
General

I dont think they should take away the ability of ground units to do whtat they do now. They should finnaly put in those advanced Aircontrols to make them more like real aircraft so they ahve a chance at avoiding fire/be much harder to hit through either faster more elegant strafing or more advanced airal acrobatics(depending on circumstances). And very sensative controls so you can easily float back and forth etc. And obviously then the support for joysticks.

Last edited by Ait'al; 2004-02-15 at 02:33 PM.
Old 2004-02-15, 03:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Fenrys
Major

Planetside tanks can't be compaired to real tanks. A real tank could pick who's eyeball it wanted to put a shell through from a base on the opposite side of the continent. The main gun's aim is automaticaly adjusted for rough terrain. They are almost 2x as fast. And they kill nme tanks with a single hit.
Old 2004-02-15, 04:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Abrams would own our tanks, to would almost every other military thing

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-02-15, 04:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Fenrys
Major

Originally Posted by Rbstr
Abrams would own our tanks, to would almost every other military thing

I dunno about that. Our tanks could be made of some pretty advanced matierials. An Abrams-fired 100mm round would work better than a Prowler's against a Vanguard? Only in its precision. In 1,000s of years it is probable that we'd find a way to fit a larger explosive charge into a 100mm HE round, making it likely that the Abrams would get stomped.
Old 2004-02-15, 05:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
martyr
Contributor
Brigadier General

Misc Info

"role"
Old 2004-02-15, 05:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

"nazi"

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-02-15, 06:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

MAG riders are WAY too affective at Anti Air
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2004-02-15, 06:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
BlackOpz
Private

Originally Posted by DarthMidget
Tanks are really well balanced against aircraft. A Vanguard gunner only gets a hit with the main cannon when facing a stupid pilot. And trust me, if a modern day pilot was stupid enough to fly low enough where an M-1 Abrams could hit him w/a 155mm cannon he'd be dead too.
My only two cents on this topic:
A modern day pilot doesn't have to get close to his target like Reavers have to do sometimes. Most missles aircraft carry today can hit a target in excess of 2 miles. A Reaver's rockets have a maximum range of a few hundred meters. This is why I think that Aircraft and anti vehicle weapons should get a range boost. Other than that, both sides of this arguement have valid points.
Old 2004-02-15, 06:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
shaizan
Contributor
Corporal

Your point is well taken, Blackopz, but I think that the Reaver and Mosquito are more akin to modern Helicopters than modern Fighter aircraft.
Old 2004-02-15, 07:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Ait'al
I dont think they should take away the ability of ground units to do whtat they do now. They should finnaly put in those advanced Aircontrols to make them more like real aircraft so they ahve a chance at avoiding fire/be much harder to hit through either faster more elegant strafing or more advanced airal acrobatics(depending on circumstances). And very sensative controls so you can easily float back and forth etc. And obviously then the support for joysticks.
Originally Posted by martyr
you don't play planetside.

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-02-15, 08:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
TheRedx
Corporal

Heh this is kind of off the subject but an M1A1 Abrams main battle tank can travel at 40 to 50 miles per an hour and is equipped with a 120 mm cannon with a co-axil 240, loaders 240 and TC 50 cal. It uses two different types of rounds, the first SABOT is basically a rod made out of depleted uranium, punches through any armor instantly and sucks everything inside the tank out of the back through a hole about the size of a baseball.

The second MPACT which is replacing the HEAT round can shoot down both air and ground targets, Set it on air it acts like a big ass shotgun.

Not only that, an M1A2 can kill 3 enemy tanks in 12 seconds, it can also fire accuratly while crusing at 30 to 40 mph over rough terran due to the fact that the turret short of floats for lack of a better word. All they have to do is line up the sight on the enemy tank, hit the laze button which shoots out a laser to the enemy tank and locks onto it, the turret then automatically tracks the target, adjust for the wieght of the round, air speed/direction via an onboard computer as well as the lead so all the gunner has to do is push the fire button and BOOM!! thats one dead tank.

Our tanks would kick the crap out of these dumbfire pieces of shit.

http://www.milesdog.com/m2s/gallery/

Last edited by TheRedx; 2004-02-15 at 08:34 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion