The Riddle of Command - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Down more than a $2 Whore.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2003-01-29, 10:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
cwal
Private

AIRLIFT

i would go for the second guy who cant risk having the other guy either undermining your command or even worse getting everyone killed.
Old 2003-01-29, 10:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
cwal
Private

i say

go with the second guy because he could make a huge blunder and get everyone killed
Old 2003-01-29, 10:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Sputty
Banned

Why would you go with him then?
Old 2003-01-29, 10:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

1)Do it, I love suiside runs anyways. It's nice to see the enemy reaction, and heck, I might just make it.

2)ask the purpose, then (see answer 1).

3)Wound him once as a warning, then kick from squad if he continues to disobey.
Old 2003-01-29, 10:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
mistled
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

1) I've got no problem charging the enemy.

2) See #1.

3) I'd shoot Nav once (because he would be the one to get such assignments). Then Nav would shoot me once, say he was kidding and go on the suicide run.

4) Depends on how fun they are to play with. If the 2nd guy is dependable, but boring as hell, I won't take him. If the l33t guy is just arogant, but is a blast to play with and I think I can steer his actions some, I'll see about working him in. So probably whoever has the quickest wit and a good sense of humor gets in. We can always work on your shooting skills later.

...Visit {BOHICA}...

{BOHICA}: Giving it to Gamers, One Ass Kicking at a Time
Old 2003-01-29, 10:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Ludio
First Sergeant

Does no one want to answer my question?

Old 2003-01-29, 10:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Sputty
Banned

I would do what he says then leave the squad..Why mutinize? Although, how'd he get CEPs if he's such a bad commander?
Old 2003-01-29, 10:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

This was my response to Ludio's Q

Originally posted by Airlift
I would fight to my death and then leave the squad, explaining that I was going to find something else to do. Once the AMS is down, you have to regroup to get back anyway.
Old 2003-01-29, 10:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
mistled
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

We wouldn't mutiny. We would go take that base though, even if that meant ad-libbing his plans on the fly. Afterwards, I just wouldn't join up with him again.

...Visit {BOHICA}...

{BOHICA}: Giving it to Gamers, One Ass Kicking at a Time
Old 2003-01-30, 05:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Mazelmavin
Sergeant

What if you are in a squad (not outfit) and your commander is really bad (he is giving bad orders, getting people killed for nothing etc...). Your AMS just got destroyed so it is critical to take the base (or maybe it isnt, but you havent made any progress for the past 30 minutes so you really want to take the base).
I am well used to similiar situations from years of playing MMOs.

Anyone who plays these games should knows that when a group gets whooped so bad it must regroup, it usually doesn't. This is because there is usually a reason for the whooping related to the people in the group. In fact, most groups, good or bad, that I was involved in eventually ended after a wipe out. Even if it was a good group, getting your ass handed to you seems to be a good time to leave, after a round of rezes, of course. The only thing that usually keeps a wipeouted group together is kinship (friends or guild(outfit)mates).

So my answer is that this hypathetical squad will be decimated in a matter of minutes, offering a wonderful chance to seek destiny elsewhere. Just like any other MMO.
Old 2003-01-30, 08:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Dead Ben
Private

1. follow orders
2. follow orders
3. repeat the orders to see if maybe the person didn't catch it. Reprimand later appropriately. Never shoot your own guys seeing as how they can atleast be cannon fodder if the don't want to follow orders.

4. Take the mediocre teamplayer. Ordinary people can do extraordinary things if given the chance. Each player has the chance to make a mistake - the uberleet and the average joe. I'd rather have the dependable person.
Old 2003-01-30, 08:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
RageMaster
Corporal

I suspect anyone as a commander who shoots team-mates for not playing the way they want them to will end up with a minimal amount of CEP. Who is going to go under your command if you'll shoot them if you dont like how they're doing things? I ceirtainly wouldnt. If I thought my own judement call was better for the situation, I'd go on my gut instinct and forget the command decision. If they shot me for it, I'd never squad up with them again, its their loss IMHO ;-D

If I decided to go for CEP I'd gather some good local friends from the pub who are PlanetSide gamers, and start with a hardcore unit who works together, swap the command role around somewhat, create a highly skilled clan as opposed to one with overwhelming numbers. Focus on close teamplay, predicting each others moves and backing each other up wherever possible.

Sure, invite others in to make up your numbers, and keep on those who are actually contributing to your sucess, but shooting them if they won't take orders? Sounds like an incredibly Counter-Strike'ish thing to do to me. If you want your team-mates to respect your command decisions you gotta act with some degree of maturity methinks, and try and split yourself from the idiocy that occurs in other teambased friendly-fire FPS servers.

Eject the member from the squad if you don't like him, just dont be idiots. Team-Wounding is lame ass, regardless of the situation.

-RageMaster
Old 2003-01-30, 08:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

If you join a squad and don't follow the commander you shouldn't be in that squad in the first place. You join a commander, it's the commanders way or the highway.
Old 2003-01-30, 08:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Validuz
Gnarus Necnon
Imperiosus

Originally posted by SmokeJumper
<personal opinion only>

1) Obey my commander.

2) Obey my commander. I signed on for the duty. It's my fault if I picked a bad leader. I'll quit after the battle is complete or when there's a lull that allows him to look for replacements.

3) Tell the person to charge and that it's critical. If he disobeys again, eject him from my squad and start looking for replacements.

See? I belong on the TR.
I agree with everything but the "I belong to the TR"... so far, I'm a Vanu.
Old 2003-01-30, 08:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
Ratchet
Private

1. Obey my commander.
2. Obey my commander.
3. If he was an Indie (lonewolf player, or player not im my outift.) id get someone else to do it, and kick him from the squad. if he was in my outfit, I get someone else to do it, then tear him a new asshole on our squad forums.
4. take the team player.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion