Disposable Heroes - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: death is a guy with no pants, his name is Hamma
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-08-06, 06:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Kechiro
Private

Re: Disposable Heroes

Originally Posted by cashfoyogash View Post
where was this said?
It was a brief mention in one of the videos iirc. When they were talking about the vehicles and continents. Saying that there would be continents that favored flying, some that favored ground vehicles and some that favored infantry (which I may have taken a bit far in my post, though this what was said).
Old 2011-08-07, 02:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
exLupo
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Effective View Post
Do you actually read my posts, or do you just throw words at them to make yourself look pretty?
Sorry, I didn't realize I was responding to you when I quoted Effective. You get so defensive when anyone intrudes on your pet projects, learn to take a breath and back down. Especially when nobody was talking to you.

However, in response to all those words you threw out to make yourself look pretty, I'll quote myself:

"Taking out bailing would remove absolutely none of the scout and fast response ability the mossie provides."

Nothing in your diatribe made that any less true.
There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die beneath the heel of your boot.

And that was that.
Old 2011-08-07, 02:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by exLupo View Post
Sorry, I didn't realize I was responding to you when I quoted Effective.
You didn't realize you were responding to Effective when you quoted Effective?
Old 2011-08-07, 02:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
exLupo
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
You didn't realize you were responding to Effective when you quoted Effective?
Wow, I thought it was Malorn. Teach me to eat an enchilada, fight with a douche over outage reporting responsibility and trawl ze forums. Nice catch. Countdown to an Ad Hom response trying to use this mistake to discredit the otherwise unrelated discussion.

Still, regardless of who was posting, it was meritless and didn't respond to the apparent issue. If folks truly care about fast response and not defense bypass then they'll have no problem landing when they've arrived at their destination.

edit: "a couple AA maxs and then they can't do anything except go cert another vehicle. " AB speed covers terrain faster than a lock-on style MAX can lock and kill a mosquito before the pilot bails even when the MAX begins at full visual range. Injure? Sure. Kill? No. Only flak weapons can accomplish that and the reliability there comes down to number of shooters and quality of gunners. If all you care about is hitting AB and bailing, having an AA MAX around is not something to fear.
There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die beneath the heel of your boot.

And that was that.

Last edited by exLupo; 2011-08-07 at 02:47 AM.
Old 2011-08-07, 03:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Bags
Lieutenant General

If we assume PS1 burster and PS1 mossie for this example, if the mossies have to land I'm sure I'd be able to kill 1 - 3 mossies before everyone landed and got away from their coffins.

Other AA maxes probably would only get 1, maybe 2 at most.
Old 2011-08-07, 04:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Senyu
First Lieutenant

Might hate this but what if there was a penalty for just ditching your vehicle? Least im assuming what this topics about.

If you spawn a mosqito and have not flown it for more than 3 minutes(can change amount of time) and it has not received damage from the enemy you will be penalized for it. This can be a much longer wait time before spawning another one or something else.

That might help deter those people that just spawn an aircraft only to bail out the moment they reach their destination. And if I understand it right it takes resources to spawn vehicles and these ppl would be wasting it. But now that I think about it if the pilot class is the only one allowed to fly aircraft then theres no reason for my above idea.
Old 2011-08-07, 05:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
exLupo
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Senyu View Post
If you spawn a mosqito and have not flown it for more than 3 minutes(can change amount of time) and it has not received damage from the enemy you will be penalized for it. This can be a much longer wait time before spawning another one or something else.
That'd just lead to people clipping geometry to damage themselves. I'm not a fan of increasing spawn times on vehicles by any means. Standard spawn times are used for battlefield flow balance. Increasing vehicle spawn times just punishes new players who need as many hours behind the stick as they can get.

I'm on a fence about locking out bails. I think it should -never- be in your best interest to jump out of a perfectly fine airplane when you're the pilot. However, i also don't think the captain should be forced to go down with his ship. Eject failures, sure, because I like randomness but not a universal "sorry Charlie".

Really, if dev doesn't want pilots making their rides into disposable ladders then they'll just make them choose a flight suit kit on spawn or at terms. Sure, you can bail. You and your pistol and no armor. However, until we know dev intent, it's hard to really make suggestions. Mossie hot dropping is a FOOS that evolved simply because it could be done. Once they start talking, we'll know right quick whether or not they want it in PS2 and -then- we can start having meaningful discussions on flight mechanics and the best way to stop flying.

And that was that.
Old 2011-08-07, 05:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Senyu
First Lieutenant

[QUOTE=exLupo;584122]That'd just lead to people clipping geometry to damage themselves.QUOTE]

It only happens if an enemy damages you. It wont count if u run into trees or clip like you said.
Old 2011-08-07, 07:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
legendary
Private

Maybe the new physic engine could have wind that would make landing on a tower impractical for bailures, due to targeting control limitations outside the aircraft. You could spin the logic for a Galaxy drop as their cargo holds had more space to allow control dissent boots that would not fit in a cockpit .
Old 2011-08-07, 09:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Senyu
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by legendary View Post
Maybe the new physic engine could have wind that would make landing on a tower impractical for bailures, due to targeting control limitations outside the aircraft. You could spin the logic for a Galaxy drop as their cargo holds had more space to allow control dissent boots that would not fit in a cockpit .
thats kinda cool. wonder if it would effect projectiles over long distance
Old 2011-08-07, 10:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
CutterJohn
Colonel

Originally Posted by exLupo View Post
If all you care about is hitting AB and bailing, having an AA MAX around is not something to fear.
Why is that really an issue? AA defends against aircraft. The aircraft is gone. Now its an issue infantry need to deal with.

Bypass defenses? Are cloakers and gals the only things that get to do that? Fast response and bailwhores are fine. My only real beef with them is they got to do it in combat capable craft, and so could take on targets of opportunity on their way to the destination(or steer for a tower if about to die).

Make aircav pilots wear PJs or similar. Give em a heavy lift mossie upgrade to purchase, that has no guns but can fit a rexo or whatever it is.
Old 2011-08-07, 12:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

If it's more effective to use a phantasm why do you have a problem with someone doing it less effectively, IE flying in with a mossie?
Because it takes out teamwork and generally promotes the one man army concept.

Make believe role?
It never existed before someone needed to justify surgile hot dropping.

Why insult the only people who do resecures so your zergfit can stay in the 3 way on Cyssor?
If I've insulted them, let them grow some balls. I'm not in a zergfit in any case.

The "kill whores" are usually the only people who respond to hacks.
It is usually a bunch of free kills. If there is anyone there at all.

I don't think I've ever opened a base and had a zergfit show up and stop us, it's always the "kill whores".
I personally don't give a damn about your experience.

Old 2011-08-07, 12:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
Because it takes out teamwork and generally promotes the one man army concept.
So how is four people in a phantasm any more teamwork than four people in four mossies?

It isn't. Not to mention the phantasm takes less certs, is sneakier, and your passengers get rexo... I'm not really seeing the reason that mossie hot dropping needs a nerf.

I personally don't give a damn about your experience.
Okay, ignore contradictory evidence, fine by me.

Last edited by Bags; 2011-08-07 at 12:27 PM.
Old 2011-08-07, 12:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

So how is four people in a phantasm any more teamwork than four people in four mossies?

Oh wait it isn't. Not to mention the phantasm takes less certs, is sneakier, and your passengers get rexo... I'm not really seeing the reason that mossie hot dropping needs a nerf.
You can't see the forest for all the trees.

Old 2011-08-07, 12:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Bags
Lieutenant General

You can't see the forest for all the trees.
Well since you have no rebuttal, I win. Good day sir.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion