Anti-Antiwar Protest today! - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The last, best chance for peace � or war.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2003-03-06, 10:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

WRH_KoldFusion, another point is that during WWII, russia and the US/Brit were going to each police half of the world, but with the fall of the ussr, we have to look after their half too
------------------------------
"All that and a bag of psychedelic mushrooms!"
------------------------------
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."
Old 2003-03-06, 11:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Hamma
PSU Admin

I bet avail is thrilled at the path this thread has taken.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-03-06, 11:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
avail
Staff Sergeant

Originally posted by Hamma
I bet avail is thrilled at the path this thread has taken.
Old 2003-03-06, 11:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Hamma
PSU Admin

There. Can't go wrong.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-03-06, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Gortha
First Sergeant

@CockRoach

The Iraq has no Missiles which can reach the USA.

@WRH_KoldFusion

WRH_KoldFusion:
"As far as one country policing the world..... well.... yes it is the job of one country. The world has put us in that role."

LooooooooooooooL did u fall on your head... i think it tooks some damage.

http://z0r.de/1573

Last edited by Gortha; 2003-03-06 at 11:38 AM.
Old 2003-03-06, 12:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
KoldFusion

GO AWAY NAZI. SHOO! If you guys didn't get such a hard on and get the 2 worst conflicts in the world going maybe your country would have an army to help. get back in line.
Old 2003-03-06, 02:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

in any forum

half naked women > war

Sit Back, Relax, and Enjoy the Action.
Old 2003-03-06, 02:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Arshune
Captain

OMFG agreed. I love that picture, I should make it my wallpaper.

-Our principal is SO hardcore.
Old 2003-03-06, 02:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by WRH_KoldFusion
First, the decision is not arbitrary. We told the world from the get go that we fight terrorism "where ever" it may be. We went ahead (stupidly IMO) and labeled Iran, Iraq, and N.Korea as the axis of evil. The US does not have to make the case here.... Saddam has made the case against himself over the last 12 years. This is not as petty as scapegoating. I'll tell you whos next... N. Korea
As far as one country policing the world..... well.... yes it is the job of one country. The world has put us in that role. Wether they like us or not. For example.... when the war on terror started, many of the middle east nations said to the US..." come over and fix Isreal and Palestine", what would have happened if the US and a few allies didn't intervene in Bosnia to stop the ethnic cleansing that milosevich was performing. You see the world is content to stand on the sidelines and allow this atrocities to occur. Their actions stop at nothing but petty talk. Take the UN and the Iraq situation. I have said this before and I'll say it again.... When resolution 1441 was passed unanimously with the language "serious consequences" not a single one of the countries thought that meant when non-compliance is evident to give him sore time by adding inspectors via a new resolution. They knew it meant the use of military force. But as history has shown the french a spineless snakes and russia still can't be trusted... Germany... well Germany is lucky it is still it's own country after the first 2 world wars (so they should STFU). Bottom line is this.... the UN has done a fine job of making them as irrelevant as the league of nations which dissolved BTW b/c it was useless. The UN should do the same and a new charter should be made. Yes the USA should make the decision since noone else will. (see my other posts on this matter b/c i don't want to type it all again.) "war is immenent" "N. Korea or Iraq"
The arguement about the increased anger in the arab world toward the US does have merit. But your damned if you do and damned if you don't. I do believe the goal of wiping out terrorism is an unattainable goal... however, I do believe terrorist should be confronted and fought at every oppotunity one way or the other.
Why does the US police the world? Because it is in the interest of the US to police the world. Do you really think that, while policing the world, the US does not put the US first and the rest of the world second?

Terrorism did not begin on 9/11. Where was our war on terrorism before 9/11?

If we are allowed to term french as spineless snakes and say that russia can not be trusted, why can't they say things about us? Why aren't those countries acting altruistically the way you suggest the US is.

ROFL @ the germany comment. What would you have done with germany after world war 2? Would you have made it part of the US or Russia?

The concerns of a German, a Russian, or a Frenchman are not less important than the concern of an American. In fact since they are all closer to Iraq than the US, their concerns might be more important.

You see all these countries acting in their own self interest. Why can't you see that the US is doing the same?

Old 2003-03-06, 03:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Tobias
I'm with the Vanu

Nothing silences us nerds like boobies.
Old 2003-03-06, 03:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Arshune
Captain

Originally posted by Lexington_Steele
ROFL @ the germany comment. What would you have done with germany after world war 2? Would you have made it part of the US or Russia?
I'd just like to say a few things about WWII, especially regarding Germany. Yes, they were led by a madman, yes they killed a lot of innocent people, and yes they acted in an unwarrantedly aggressive manner. However, in the decades following WWII, Stalin killed 60 million of his own citizens compared to Hitler's 6 million. Germany didn't have a lot of options for recovery after WWI, the reparations were so high that about the only way they could have possibly gotten by was conquest. Russia also actively tried to cover the world with a blanket of communism. So if I were you guys, I'd look on Russia with a LOT more distaste than Germany. Oh, and we DID give Germany to Russia and the US, half and half each.

P.S.-this isn't really directed at you Lex, just kind of throwing that info out into the air. I only quoted you so people would know what issue I'm addressing.

Old 2003-03-06, 04:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

Lets also remeber that Russia is no longer being led by Stalin and Communism fell. There is no USSR anymore.

Lets not judge countries by governments that have long since fallen and leaders that have been in their graves for some time now.

Lets judge them by the actions of their current administrations, and how they have handled themselves in the last 15 years or so.

Old 2003-03-06, 04:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Arshune
Captain

I meant in relation to him mocking the Germans because they were being bad during WWII.

In the present, they're both kind of obscure to me. I don't concern myself with current events too much and neither of them makes anything that I like to eat.

And communism didn't fall yet, we still have 3 holdouts.

Old 2003-03-06, 04:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Arshune
And communism didn't fall yet, we still have 3 holdouts.
I meant in Russia.

Old 2003-03-06, 04:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Derfud
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Yeah, but commies are soooo cool!
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge