First pic of.... - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hack the planet!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-04-06, 11:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: First pic of....

Originally Posted by basti View Post
No need. Choose yourself if you want it. I will always use them, because of immersion. And because I am that goddamn good that i dont need to see my enemys to kill them. :P
Especially with so many of them.
Old 2012-04-06, 12:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Stardouser
Colonel

How exactly is rendered cockpits a balance issue?
Old 2012-04-06, 12:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
How exactly is rendered cockpits a balance issue?
Example:
100% of screen area available vs. 60% of screen area available because it's obstructed by cockpits.

I think that's what is meant when "balance" is mentioned.
Old 2012-04-06, 12:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Lord Paladin
Corporal

I love the idea of 3d cockpit with head tracking! I know BF is a taboo word around here, but one reason I like the Hardcore servers is that they usually disable the third person camera for vehicles... you'd be surprised how much it gets rid of the noobs wanting to fly, or the xxxGokuroxmysocksxxx l33t pilots. It takes a lot more skill to pilot from a first person view only, (and a lot of practice <_< (I hope VR training comes back)).

Oh, and I would love to have a "Taxis" customization open for my Galaxy where I can hang my "player tag ID" from a "rearview mirror" type of thing :P let the people inside the galaxy be able to look into the cockpit and see it :P

which makes me wonder. The people who aren't gunners... what are they gonna see?
Old 2012-04-06, 01:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by basti View Post
No need. Choose yourself if you want it. I will always use them, because of immersion. And because I am that goddamn good that i dont need to see my enemys to kill them. :P
In that case there's no need to waste any resources on them because 95% of the players will use whatever they can see better with.
Old 2012-04-06, 02:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Looks nice. I reeeeeaaaaally hope I can disable it. Mandatory cockpit views are highly annoying.
Yeah, I imagine it pisses off real pilots too.

Old 2012-04-07, 03:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
CutterJohn
Colonel

Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
Yeah, I imagine it pisses off real pilots too.
Real pilots have a much wider field of view than the typical monitor provides. Especially a bubble canopy on a fighter.

And goggles piss off infantry that wear them. Nobody is suggesting it would be more immersive for infantry to have their view restricted because of all the goggles/visors they have.
Old 2012-04-07, 06:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

And the field of view doesn't necessarily change just because you have a cockpit and instruments.

Old 2012-04-07, 10:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Tuomio
Private

Real pilots have a much wider field of view than the typical monitor provides. Especially a bubble canopy on a fighter.

And goggles piss off infantry that wear them. Nobody is suggesting it would be more immersive for infantry to have their view restricted because of all the goggles/visors they have.
Really? I don't remember how it is PS1, can you actually see 360 degrees without restrictions when flying? Tell me its not so?! It would be quite silly, because even foot soldiers have those pesky weapons on their screens.

Even ATV driver cannot see trough his vehicle hull. What an unimmersive concept! I think people should see trough walls, because its annoying when people can take cover behind them. Annoying and it shows off my poor playing skills, so it should not be there!
Old 2012-04-07, 12:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Dir
Private

Looks nice. I reeeeeaaaaally hope I can disable it. Mandatory cockpit views are highly annoying. "Hey, look at these useless graphics blocking your vision!"
Exactly...it's not like we aren't already looking through a static flying camera already surrounded by a two foot wide cardboard box sitting a foot away from our faces. Then cut that box in half again? So we can "imagine" we're in the cockpit? One day..maybe..when monitors are obsolete and we're all wearing TV projectors an inch away from our eyeballs that's dynamic view is based on our head movements...then we can start talking about limiting our view.

I know I won't be flying if they obstruct my vision with fancy 3d artwork with meaningless dials....if anything..make the nose camera a side grade that limits anything but stock armaments on the aircraft. Otherwise I'll just stay on the ground and shoot aircraft down out of spite....and you don't want me on the ground in anything AA related when I'm pissed off about them removing my beloved nose-cam.

Dir
Old 2012-04-07, 12:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Skitrel
Contributor
Captain

Originally Posted by Dir View Post
Exactly...it's not like we aren't already looking through a static flying camera already surrounded by a two foot wide cardboard box sitting a foot away from our faces. Then cut that box in half again? So we can "imagine" we're in the cockpit? One day..maybe..when monitors are obsolete and we're all wearing TV projectors an inch away from our eyeballs that's dynamic view is based on our head movements...then we can start talking about limiting our view.

I know I won't be flying if they obstruct my vision with fancy 3d artwork with meaningless dials....if anything..make the nose camera a side grade that limits anything but stock armaments on the aircraft. Otherwise I'll just stay on the ground and shoot aircraft down out of spite....and you don't want me on the ground in anything AA related when I'm pissed off about them removing my beloved nose-cam.

Dir
Enjoy walking then. Mandatory cockpits for the win. Just make yourself a god damn trackIR. 5$ worth of LEDS and some velcro, nothing special.

Mod: /r/gamernews
Join The Enclave: http://www.enclaveoilrig.com
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion