Planetside2 Dog fighting Question - for Community Day people and beyond - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: And you thought you had it bad.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-25, 05:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
MrMorton
Sergeant

Re: Planetside2 Dog fighting Question - for Community Day people and beyond

Originally Posted by Reizod View Post
I disagree, as you still have to consider what the sidegrades will do for aircraft. All of those things have NOT been available/tested yet. There may be something that gives more armor, shields, etc. that buys you time for hovering.

If not, then it will be crazy once everyone starts getting into the game as it will be impossible to fly anywhere. Long term wise, combining a massive amount of players in a game like this with fast ttk's DON'T mix. It's never been done before, and we are the genie pigs for it.

Having faith in the Devs, I foresee them compensating for this via sidegrades.
I said that badly :/ , ttk isn't really the issue.

what I meant was I think in a dogfight it will be a bad idea to "turret" compared to other maneuvers you can do to stay alive longer (most notably the mosquito's ability to hit and escape from any battle)

I also hope the ttk will be longer, but no matter the ttk, a hovering aircraft can be engaged at any range easily, while a moving one gets progressively harder to engage as range increases, so a moving aircraft always has some advantage in a dogfight.

as far as sidegrades go, I am a strong believer of buffing strengths, not compensating for weaknesses. For instance if I am flying in a scythe, it is more beneficial to buff my turn rate as much as possible, because no matter how much i buff for anything else, the other factions will always be better at it (if they buff their strength) , and I sacrifice my advantage gained by that sidegrade, practically "wasting" it.

And based on that logic the best turret will be the reaver, not to say that is all it is good at (it seems to be the jack of all trades aircraft).

Originally Posted by maradine View Post
The three primary axes of rotation are distinct. You can roll, yaw, and pitch separately. You also have a station-keeping VTOL drive that operates at low airspeeds at varying levels of effectiveness in the different aircraft. All of the above can be mapped wherever you want.

When NDA lifts I'll be filling up the forums with flight model garbage, rest assured.
O.O

i must know!!!!

ok, can you answer this one question?: does gravity affect climbing/diving speed?

>.<

Last edited by MrMorton; 2012-07-25 at 05:47 PM.
Old 2012-07-25, 06:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Gonefshn
Contributor
Major

Re: Planetside2 Dog fighting Question - for Community Day people and beyond

I'm looking forward to flight in this game, I never flew in PS1 because it was so basic but this game will be so much better.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion