Russian Region-lock, WTF? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Chuck noris loves it
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-09, 07:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Ritual
Banned

Re: Russian Region-lock, WTF?

Until Russia enforces IP laws, anti hacking laws, business laws, you have no leg to stand on by demanding you play on European servers.

Im even more glad you cant play on American servers.

Welcome to the world and its realities. We are part of different sovereign nations.

Maybe Russia should make their own video games? Why is it always American companies making them?

Want to know the last time I played a Russian video game? NEVER.

Yeah Russia sucks
Old 2012-11-09, 08:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Ritual View Post
Until Russia enforces IP laws, anti hacking laws, business laws, you have no leg to stand on by demanding you play on European servers.

Im even more glad you cant play on American servers.

Welcome to the world and its realities. We are part of different sovereign nations.

Maybe Russia should make their own video games? Why is it always American companies making them?

Want to know the last time I played a Russian video game? NEVER.

Yeah Russia sucks
Either the joke is not obvious in your post or you are not joking. Either way, the content is very thick and I hope a mod comes around.

At the same time that you belittle other great nations, you rub yourself to American success as if you hoped some of its sparkle would stick to you and make you shine.

If you are able to think further than your hole, try to look deep down in history and trace where modern America comes from.

That's right! NOT FROM RUSSIA.

And yeah, stupidity sucks!

Edit: FYI, I felt I had to report your post. It's the first time so I guess you win at something.

Last edited by sylphaen; 2012-11-09 at 08:29 PM.
Old 2012-11-10, 05:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Wait, so you're saying American troops are leaving Eurasia?

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-11-10, 06:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

Until Russia enforces IP laws,...
Congratulations on being illiterate! Your inability to properly read and process text is a shining beacon in these dark times of enlightenment. May you continue ever onward in your misinformed manner.
Old 2012-11-10, 06:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Ritual
Banned

Originally Posted by Captain1nsaneo View Post
Congratulations on being illiterate! Your inability to properly read and process text is a shining beacon in these dark times of enlightenment. May you continue ever onward in your misinformed manner.
He wanted to know why SOE would region lock him.

I told him why. There was no failure of communication or comprehension. He doesn't understand that its not his right to be able to play on whatever servers he wants, from a game made in the USA.

If Russians want that right, they should make Planetside 2 themselves. He will have to deal with Pro Bien Sat (KGB extorters) or whoever is handling your region and hope they put up a server you are allowed to play on otherwise.

As I pointed out, name one good game that a Russian game studio has ever made? A supposed first world country with millions upon millions of people and they can't even make video games. They can launch Sputnik but they can't computer program or draw art apparantly.

Heck even Asia is putting out semi decent video games. Yet he comes here and whine's.

I would be embarrassed to make this post. I would be going back to school or trying to recruit all the drunk Russians to figure out how to use computers so next time someone tells you how much Russians suck at computer science, you can give me an example of a game that has had world wide success that was made in Russia.

And dont take the post so seriously. Its only really because I want to see more good games being made. Wether they be Russian, American, Chinese, Japanese, Iranian, Iraqi, whatever.

Last edited by Ritual; 2012-11-10 at 07:05 AM.
Old 2012-11-10, 07:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Crator
Major General

^ No one should be suppressed that way. How about we allow them to participate in things everyone else does so they can see what they are missing? Build some dreams and aspirations instead of segment them away from us?
Old 2012-11-10, 07:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

I told him why. There was no failure of communication or comprehension. He doesn't understand that its not his right to be able to play on whatever servers he wants, from a game made in the USA.
How so? So basically, (exemplary) if I'm a Russian by my bloodright, yet born inside the USA, I should not be allowed to communicate to other Russians (nor should they be allowed to communicate with me) because I was made in the USA?

As I pointed out, name one good game that a Russian game studio has ever made? A supposed first world country with millions upon millions of people and they can't even make video games. They can launch Sputnik but they can't computer program or draw art apparantly.
Stalker? Metro? IL-2? (God forgive me, but) WoT?

Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.

Last edited by NewSith; 2012-11-10 at 07:31 AM.
Old 2012-11-10, 08:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Mordicant
Sergeant

Please note not all Americans are represented by this isolationist asshat. I for one would love to fight anyone who can connect. +1 to world servers
Old 2012-11-10, 11:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Ritual
Banned

Noone has answered why the rest of the world sucks at making video games.

90% of games are made in the USA.

Props to Czech Republic and Bohemia Interactive for at least making Operation Flashpoint, and Arma. Which are at the top of their genre for realistic first person shooters.

USA + Czech Republic + Korea are the only three country's making decent video games that are trying to be cutting edge?

Pathetic.

I can't recall a product I use everyday not invented in America. Radio, TV, Internet, Computers, Video Games, Cell Phones, GPS, Toilet Paper, Automobiles, Airplanes.

What does the rest of the world do for work? Obviously nothing in science or digital entertainment. At least without it emulating what has already been done. I mean Russia's example is Stalker? What was revolutionary or popular about Stalker? It was a one week hit at most. And it was made in the Ukraine, not Russia.

IL-2 Sturmovik was not a popular game. Microsoft Flight Simulator crapped on it in sales. IL-2 was just a combat flight sim with horrible graphics. It wasn't revolutionary or even a success. There is a reason Ubisoft doesn't publish any new IL-2 titles.

Yes I am being hard on the world, but im really only half serious. Maybe NewSith will get mad and become a great Russian Video Game developer.
Old 2012-11-10, 12:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
PredatorFour
Major

I can't recall a product I use everyday not invented in America. Radio, TV, Internet, Computers, Video Games, Cell Phones, GPS, Toilet Paper, Automobiles, Airplanes.

What does the rest of the world do for work? Obviously nothing in science or digital entertainment.
Obvious troll... making up info/stats. The last line quoted is beyond laughable, at least you are funny...not sure if you mean it.
Old 2012-11-10, 12:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
SixShooter
Captain

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
Okay, good news on this - region lock will be absent, according to Innova's product manager.
That's great news.

It's too bad this thread has been completely derailed some total douchebaggery.

One word - Tetris

Old 2012-11-10, 02:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Noone has answered why the rest of the world sucks at making video games.

Props to Czech Republic and Bohemia Interactive for at least making Operation Flashpoint, and Arma. Which are at the top of their genre for realistic first person shooters.

USA + Czech Republic + Korea are the only three country's making decent video games that are trying to be cutting edge?

Pathetic.
Now there is a problem... Not being nationalistic here, just point out the surnames of all of these games developers.

Smith, White, Black etc are a very rare occasion there... Plus, every supposedly American studio has branches all over the world. So it's not about America creating something better, but more about grabbing all the people that can do better. And kudos to it for that.

But making games? Naaaah, it's more about who it's from then, where it's from.

Well, Europeans invented America and democracy if you want to play the inventions card.

What does the rest of the world do for work? Obviously nothing in science or digital entertainment. At least without it emulating what has already been done. I mean Russia's example is Stalker? What was revolutionary or popular about Stalker? It was a one week hit at most. And it was made in the Ukraine, not Russia.

IL-2 Sturmovik was not a popular game. Microsoft Flight Simulator crapped on it in sales. IL-2 was just a combat flight sim with horrible graphics. It wasn't revolutionary or even a success. There is a reason Ubisoft doesn't publish any new IL-2 titles.
IL-2 was a great sim for WW2 setting lovers. Actually Russia made lots of good ww2-related stuff (WoT, Silent Storm). I am surprised that CoD wasn't made by Russia.

As for Stalker, you see Ukraine and Russia as different countries. This implies UA does better than RU. This makes me assume you either have Ukranian roots or is actually Ukranian. Also how about Nival? Do you consider it to be a Russian Company or "European"? Or even American?

And finally Stalker was a game with not many analogs - it was an FPSRPG.

Yes I am being hard on the world, but im really only half serious. Maybe NewSith will get mad and become a great Russian Video Game developer.
Despite all your obvious trolling, I do consider you to be correct. America owns the world. But instead of making better games I would rather become a diplomat and fight to reduce the western influence in Europe.

Last edited by NewSith; 2012-11-10 at 02:35 PM.
Old 2012-11-10, 02:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by DjEclipse View Post
Who let the Russians looose!
Sorry, Eclipse, I'm coming with my cheats to ruin ur funz.

Old 2012-11-10, 02:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
Sorry, Eclipse, I'm coming with my cheats to ruin ur funz.
Wait... I thought we Americans were the best at everything ?

Or according to Ritual, maybe it's because you're an American Born Russian that you're not a total waste of space and resources on earth ? America has been such a gift to humanity in offering the planet its truly superior human beings !

Its ideals of freedom and justice are crying in silence...
Old 2012-11-10, 02:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Dagron
Captain

Feed that troll guys, Cthulhu likes them nice and plump when he devours their bodies and souls.

Last edited by Dagron; 2012-11-10 at 02:45 PM.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion