So..... NC guns arent bad anymore. - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-03-05, 04:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: So..... NC guns arent bad anymore.

..............................Min................. .MAX

Track - 5 Damage: 143 @ 10m 112 @ 65m

Solstice Burst/SF: 143 @ 10m 100 @ 115m

The 'trade off' is reload times.
the same damage
Selective data use is selective.
Old 2013-03-05, 05:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
VGCS
Corporal

Originally Posted by Hmr85 View Post
I never thought the NC weapons where horrible to start with. The removal of flinch has made things easier sure. But I personally always chalked it up to players not knowing how to properly use the weapons over the weapons being bad themselves.
This is exactly where everyone was WRONG because they didn't understand how the packet data & millisecond randomized interpolation was actually at fault. IOW: it didn't matter how good your aim was or how quick your reflexes and Recoil management adjustment was. In layman's terms: Where your computer told that you were aiming when flinching... wasn't actually where the bullets would go. You were basically aiming blind under rapid enough ROF's, and it was mainly due to technology limitations that started at your Modem & CPU-->GPU bottlenecks before input lag and your own reaction time even came into play.

You confirmed this reality multiple times yourself by asserting the same tactic over and over again: "it comes down to how you play and if your the type that runs in guns a blazing not caring about proper cover" ...yes, by bypassing those situations where you're on the receiving end of fire while attempting to shoot back, you also bypass all the technical limitations. Unfortunately that never really addressed the argument about HOW the NC guns (and all Semi Auto + Pistols as well) were at a disadvantage to much higher ROF guns with smaller Spread maximums

Last edited by VGCS; 2013-03-05 at 06:11 PM.
Old 2013-03-05, 07:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Xaine
Major

Originally Posted by MrBloodworth View Post
..............................Min................. .MAX

Track - 5 Damage: 143 @ 10m 112 @ 65m

Solstice Burst/SF: 143 @ 10m 100 @ 115m

Selective data use is selective.
Tell me how often you fire at a target 50+ meters with a carbine. If you do, you're doing it wrong.

Recoil can be adjusted for. You can't adjust the Solstice to have more damage/fire rate/ammo.
Old 2013-03-05, 08:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
ruskyandrei
Private

Originally Posted by Xaine View Post
Tell me how often you fire at a target 50+ meters with a carbine. If you do, you're doing it wrong.

Recoil can be adjusted for. You can't adjust the Solstice to have more damage/fire rate/ammo.
http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...5#post-1291138
Old 2013-03-05, 08:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Chewy
Major

This is why my thumbs stink . Im waiting for the VR room to get some video of weapons at all ranges and the amount of ammo to kill based off burst firing, controlled/uncontrolled full auto, and single shot as well as trying out as many "What If"s as I can. On paper stats read just as numbers, and I for one need to see what the weapons can do because I have no idea what those numbers mean. The numbers tell only basics, not the results that come under an untold number of variables we all see in each pulling of the trigger.

I tried to do something like this before but couldn't get anything started out of the need for many people and those that I could get all had conflicting schedules (all of them). Now that the VR room is coming it'll be rather easy to get video of real in-game views of what happens at no cost of SC or certs, just the time it'll take me to make loadouts and shoot at things that don't even move. Sitting on my ass is something I can do, my chair may be cheap but it's damn comfy imp: (failed emote)

Im about to move on to biting my toe nails. Meh, they need a clipping anyway so might as well

Last edited by Chewy; 2013-03-05 at 08:10 PM.
Old 2013-03-06, 08:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

Lets ignore all data that counters our world view, that will help.
Old 2013-03-06, 09:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
wasdie
Second Lieutenant

The reduction of the flinch made me not run away from CQC fights anymore. It was getting to the point where I couldn't kill anything within 10 meters of me because high RoF > anything the NC had. Once the flinch started, it was over, you couldn't even spray and pray.

Now it's much more manageable.

I also just outright removed all of the 2x and 1x scopes I had on my guns. They bounce so damn much I can't hit squat with them. That seemed to help quite a bit. I also increased my in-scope sensitivity and I can more easily react to enemies now. It's really changed how I can play.

Last edited by wasdie; 2013-03-06 at 09:06 AM.
Old 2013-03-06, 10:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Dragonskin
Major

I'm not sure why I play better with my TR than my VS.. but I do. I get higher scores and better K/D.

Now.. part of it is I made cert/purchase mistakes with my VS and my TR I know exactly where I am putting my points and exactly which guns I want. My VS was a lot of learning by trial and error.

However, the extra ammo in TR guns also helps a lot. I actually spent most of the first 2 weeks playing my TR having to force myself to stop reloading my guns so fast because I would constantly reload with 15 or so bullets left where on my VS I would be closer to empty.

I'm not convinced that I am better due to extra ammo alone though. I think a lot of it just knowing what to focus on with my weapons now.
Old 2013-03-06, 11:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Chewie
Private

Which weapon is the best for heavy assault? Anchor?
Old 2013-03-06, 11:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
mrmrmrj
Sergeant

It is up to your taste and the situation. I like weapons with the greatest damage per shot because I generally hang out on the edges of battles trying to pick people off. If you want to face 3 enemies at time, then high RoF weapons are probably better.

I really like the SAW because of the 100 round magazine but you need to invest in the double forward grip and the compressor.

For the new Claw shotgun, I highly recommend slug ammo. It gives the weapon solid short to medium range flexibility but makes missing in CQC a death sentence.
Old 2013-03-06, 01:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
SGOniell
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hmr85 View Post
Its not irrelevant, If your running out into the open and not already thinking two steps ahead of where you are going cover wise then your doing it wrong. I'm sorry.

As I stated above flinch was a problem sure I have never debated that. But making the generalization that the weapons and flinch where the cause of all your woes as most players seem to make it out to be seems meh to me. I have been playing NC for almost 10 years exclusively. NC in PS2 since week 1 tech test.

As I said it comes down to how you play and if your the type that runs in guns a blazing not caring about proper cover like running across a open field and or just generally using your weapon improperly and not burst firing your going to die to stupid shit like flinch and so on.

Like I said I chalk it up to player issues because honestly I didn't have any problems with the NC weapons like everybody else prior the patch and I do not consider myself a above average FPS player.

This is just my opinion.
So let me get this straight, if a drop pod comes down near you while you're crossing an open area, then you're playing wrong? There's a lot of open space on Esamir with minimal cover. The situations I'm speaking of do make your comment irrelevant. There are situations bound to happen where cover isn't an option, where the flinch is what did you in, and no other factors contributed.
Old 2013-03-06, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by SGOniell View Post
So let me get this straight, if a drop pod comes down near you while you're crossing an open area, then you're playing wrong? There's a lot of open space on Esamir with minimal cover. The situations I'm speaking of do make your comment irrelevant. There are situations bound to happen where cover isn't an option, where the flinch is what did you in, and no other factors contributed.
This is just a guess here. But I am taking it from your response your a lone wolf style player aren't you? You prefer to run solo a lot?

Old 2013-03-06, 01:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Chewy
Major

Originally Posted by Chewie View Post
Which weapon is the best for heavy assault? Anchor?
You best have the fur to back that name.
Old 2013-03-06, 01:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

Wookie fight! Two Fur bags enter, one retains the hair, tonight at the crown megaplex.
Old 2013-03-06, 02:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Graywolves
General

If you have any problems with NC weapons right now but are still performing better on others, I'm going to assume it's because it takes you 30+ bullets to kill someone on any weapon.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion