Debris, its time for a change - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Cheese is nothing. Behold, The Power of Wang.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-18, 07:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Sunrock
Major

Re: Debris, its time for a change

Originally Posted by snafus View Post
Ahh you seem like one of the bad players that rely on Debris to do the job you failed to do. I do sense a strong vibe of anger to, try using less A2AM and you may feel more adequate.

Edit: But if you read my post I'm not against Debris being in the game or even damaging us. It is its current buggy and unpredictable state that causes issue for so many players. But you seem to be emotionaly compromised from another thread so I'll leave you be for now.
FYI I never use A2AM now a days I used them back in beta and a few weeks after the release but if you actually have red any of my posts you should have picked up on that. But then again you're just trying to make lame pot shots at me that are pathetically week.

And what bugs? I have not notice any bugs with debris. But then again I usually gun down my enemies from 300m-200m away with my M18 Rotary. Only time I die to them is when they fall on my head when some one else shot down something above me.
Old 2013-05-19, 11:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
snafus
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Sunrock View Post
FYI I never use A2AM now a days I used them back in beta and a few weeks after the release but if you actually have red any of my posts you should have picked up on that. But then again you're just trying to make lame pot shots at me that are pathetically week.

And what bugs? I have not notice any bugs with debris. But then again I usually gun down my enemies from 300m-200m away with my M18 Rotary. Only time I die to them is when they fall on my head when some one else shot down something above me.
I will collect some video proof now as I seem to require it. Debris is a laggy death trap that needs to be fixed. If you as an individual haven't seen it in a buggy state that sure as hell doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I have 17 days in a mossy giving me plenty of oppurtunities to see Debris do some crazy ass shit in this game. If you want to troll this thread or deny it takes place that is fine man. But it won't change the fact it is there and it is a problem for a whole hell of a lot of players.

Old 2013-05-19, 11:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Stardouser
Colonel

Didn't read whole thread in case this was said already but one thing that sucks is when you kill an enemy tank and it breaks apart, even the smaller bits of debris you can't push them with your own tank, causing you to have to wait for it to despawn in some close quarters battles.
Old 2013-05-20, 02:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Canaris
Contributor
General

well dev's you heard us, Debris is just a dandy little feature in PS2 that brings enjoyment to many, that said it could use some coding/pathing love for those oh so poor fly jocks who fly to fast into the burning wreckage of their nemeses and stardouser who gets stuck in the car park even though I told him not to paralell park our prowler

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2013-05-20, 02:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Ghodere
Corporal

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
Didn't read whole thread in case this was said already but one thing that sucks is when you kill an enemy tank and it breaks apart, even the smaller bits of debris you can't push them with your own tank, causing you to have to wait for it to despawn in some close quarters battles.
That part, I feel, is debatably a boon; the routes available shifting as vehicles are destroyed is pretty cool, and it might be a good idea for debris to stick around longer.

However, the fact that Lightning and Vanguard carcasses frequently launch themselves vertically onto my Prowler, killing me instantly after a knifefight, is not okay. Same with falling air debris instantly blowing up tanks. Debris doing damage to (air and ground) vehicles is okay. Debris instantly killing vehicles is not. Infantry is a different matter, due to the fact that respawn timers are a few seconds and the ability to be ressed, but a minimum 5 minute cooldown tank should not blow up with no warning whatsoever due to a dogfight happening to end in the air above.
Old 2013-05-20, 06:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Ive never had a vehicle destroyed by falling debris. Ive only played about 200 hours so Im sure it will happen eventually.
Old 2013-05-20, 03:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
snafus
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
Ive never had a vehicle destroyed by falling debris. Ive only played about 200 hours so Im sure it will happen eventually.
Ask your airwing how they feel about debris

Old 2013-05-20, 06:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Hamma
PSU Admin

I'd love to be killed by someone's dismembered head blown off in a grenade explosion.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-05-21, 02:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
I'd love to be killed by someone's dismembered head blown off in a grenade explosion.
those things are dangerous, you know how much an average adult head weighs, about 5kgs not including helmet that's going to do some damage!

Shame they'd never get it by those stuff shirt censors or whatever, lousy no goodnicks ruining our sick and twisted enjoyment and realism.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2013-05-21, 02:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Kinda wish I could sucker punch someone with my dismembered arm.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-05-21, 03:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
Kinda wish I could sucker punch someone with my dismembered arm.
TF2's your game. "Unarmed combat" is a weapon, for anyone who doesn't know. It consists of... an arm. A severed one.
Old 2013-05-23, 03:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
snafus
Sergeant Major

Well with the reduction to all collision damage I would say things have improved greatly. Thank you SOE, now I need you to castrate AA max's so I can really live in candy land.

Old 2013-05-23, 06:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
dsi
Staff Sergeant

Debris should last longer.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion