Will all of The Enclave really stop playing? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: God wants you to give us all your money.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-06-21, 12:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Re: Will all of The Enclave really stop playing?

Well, I most definitely know that there is it at least one grey cardinal to take over. No names though.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2013-06-21, 12:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Deezy
Corporal

Originally Posted by Varsam View Post
...if he really didn't enjoy the game that much, he should've just left without making such a big deal out of it...
The most ironic part about "he's crying for attention" posts within these threads is that the threads have been started by people who hate te and buzz and are not in the outfit. Buzz hasn't posted in any of it. You'd think they'd give it no attention at all.
Old 2013-06-21, 12:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Rahabib
Sergeant Major

He does make a lot of good points. There is no metagame - but sactuaries is only a small part of it, the resources system was the worst offender of blockading it, and SOE wont even touch it for 3 more months, and likely push it even further. Its been pushed since April (the original roadmap month).

The major gripe I have with the game, as BC pointed out, was that there is no point to the game. If I capture the Crown or Ceres Hydroponics - it makes no difference to the game. There is no tactical advantage to your choice. The lattice isn't a metagame. The lattice just gives you choices of where to go and funnels the battles. But in the end, what ends up happening is that there are so many lanes you can plug up on defense and on offense, the only tactical choice you have to make is "where is the enemy not going to be." Its not, X territory is worth more to our victory than Y territory FOR OUR FACTION. There is no difference, unless you count XP gains, but thats not a team endeavor, its a selfish reason to attack.

I have serious worries about the implant system as well. Its not a sidegrade, its an upgrade. Unless you can purchase them with a reasonable amount of certs, its a pay to win implementation. They need to have all subscriptions and boosts payable with certs.

Balance has been wishy washy lately, but I feel like they are trying. There are so many other games out there, where a new game comes every year (you know who they are) and rather than balance in the current game, they wipe the slate clean and focus on the next game - and so you hope that that game gets it right, and it never does. So in defense of the devs on this game, they do try, and for the most part, I have been happy with the balancing thus far. Its not perfect however, and it could be better.

I will say this, the number one reason I still play this game (and not often - I am only BR 31) is because I love the feel infantry weapons. I love the scale of the game. But I haven't seen much of a good faith effort to provide any metagame. I have a feeling that when they finally do release the new resource system, it wont be what we wanted, and that will be the final straw for a lot of people. Whether I stick around for 3 more months or not, I cant say. Thus far I haven't seen many other games I want to play, but later in the year, unless major changes are made, I think other games will occupy my time more.
Old 2013-06-21, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
capiqu
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Tribulator View Post
I’m just going to say one thing about Planet Side 2…

Is the game perfect? No, actually no games are perfect, there is no such thing as perfect.

But when I see someone like Buzz bitching about that game and then I look at the leader board I can’t stop myself thinking that Buzz is full of it. Almost 2000 hours playing this game and then complaining that it sucks or that nothing is been done to make it better… sorry but I don’t buy it.

This game is only 7 month old; Buzz just got burnout playing too much of it, in his quest to be the best and the number one on the leader board he just lost his sense of reality; if someone can spend 2000 hours on a game that is only 5000 hours old and say it’s all bad is beyond me.

Ok that was more than one thing sorry.

Tribulator
You nailed it.

Old 2013-06-21, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
KarrdeBRBU
Corporal

As much as I like fighting organized players, I'm not sad to see TE go. I'm going to come out and be straight up and say TE and every outfit like them are a problem for this game. Not a slight against the players or skills or anything. It's just a problem when you can move that many organized people into one area so quickly. Unlike in planetside, you had time to respond to a lot of this. PS2 is overall a much faster game. Large outfits that are essentially highly organized zergs just roll over areas. And if they pull out, you get a rebound effect where the other empire surges forward. I've tried to come up with solutions for the large outfit problem where it's not just areas with hard pop limits, but I haven't got anything good yet. Nothing that couldn't simply be done better and faster by large numbers. So in short, I'll miss the fights, but not complaining about one fewer highly mobile zerg.
Old 2013-06-21, 01:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
capiqu
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Bocheezu View Post

Many people don't understand what it's like to play in an outfit with 8+ squads, and how alerts royally fuck everything up. Yesterday, we were about to start ops (before BCP pulled the plug) and there was an alert on Esamir. The queue for Esamir was 100+ people long, so there was no way the outfit could go there. BCP has always refused to split platoons on different continents; the entire outfit will always be on one continent. So the entire outfit is on Indar, and the Indar pops are 47% TR. That means we will have no resistance until the alert's over.
This is why allowing players to play their characters and Outfits on other servers may not be such a bad idea. It could give you more choices on better balanced fight.

Old 2013-06-21, 01:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
ringring
Contributor
General

Forget this "game is dying" stuff, pops have gone down but not especially so. Remember after a launch and all the hype pops are bound to drop a bit. There are many years yet.
Old 2013-06-21, 01:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Raymondo
Private

There be back

Find it quite funny hes moaning about the game being pretty much just TDM 24/7 yet then says TE are moving onto BF4

A game which will be pretty much exactly that
Old 2013-06-21, 01:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by Rahabib View Post
The major gripe I have with the game, as BC pointed out, was that there is no point to the game. If I capture the Crown or Ceres Hydroponics - it makes no difference to the game. There is no tactical advantage to your choice. The lattice isn't a metagame. The lattice just gives you choices of where to go and funnels the battles. But in the end, what ends up happening is that there are so many lanes you can plug up on defense and on offense, the only tactical choice you have to make is "where is the enemy not going to be." Its not, X territory is worth more to our victory than Y territory FOR OUR FACTION. There is no difference, unless you count XP gains, but thats not a team endeavor, its a selfish reason to attack.
Well no, the Lattice actually does give each Base Strategic Value in Continental progression as well as turning certain Bases into Strategic Chokepoints...

...The real problem is that this doesn't end up amounting to anything because we can't force opponents off Continents!
That's why the changes to Continental Locks have killed the game for me; they took one of the few accomplishments in this game and made it LESS of an Accomplishment.
Old 2013-06-21, 01:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Buzz earned his legendary stautus in PS1 .... even before the funeral bombing.

.... sounds like he has an over inflated sense of self ..... at least in context to how he views himself & PS2.

In the Big Picture. I could NOT care less. If some guys follow his absence out of loyalty to him - great. If some choose to continue to play - even though they still hold him in high regard, great.

The game is FAR Bigger than Buzz, or The Enclave. It's too bad. Take your toys & go home Buzz. We will not be asking you to stay. When your attitude improves, the game is certainly better with strong players & Great Outfits. Losing the Enclave is a loss. But it's not one that is news worthy. IT IS WHAT IT IS. Major drama is utter bullshit.

Buzz is acting like HE matters more than the game. .... don't sell me the Principles thing. It's certainly there with Buzz. He is still a legend - based on superior skill & dedication to PS .... doesn't mean he's not suffering from some egocentric myopia.

Whatever FPS game he plays - I pity the opposition.
Old 2013-06-21, 01:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Raymondo View Post
There be back

Find it quite funny he's moaning about the game being pretty much just TDM 24/7 yet then says TE are moving onto BF4

A game which will be pretty much exactly that
I was going to bring this up as well. The mighty TE getting their own BF4 server and play with each other.....

Last edited by VaderShake; 2013-06-21 at 01:42 PM.
Old 2013-06-21, 01:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Crator
Major General

I don't think any players are going to leave just because the outfit leader is. If they feel the same way as him and are fed up as much as him, then they probably will. But if they still enjoy playing, why would they?
Old 2013-06-21, 01:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
CrankyTRex
Staff Sergeant

Can't say as I disagree with him all that much. If PS2 didn't have the scale it has, I probably wouldn't still play it.

PS2 reminds me a lot of what happened with Star Trek Online, where all the problems people had with the game seemed to stem from a few core design choices that needed to be corrected, which the Devs either couldn't or wouldn't change.
Old 2013-06-21, 02:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by CrankyTRex View Post
PS2 reminds me a lot of what happened with Star Trek Online, where all the problems people had with the game seemed to stem from a few core design choices that needed to be corrected, which the Devs either couldn't or wouldn't change.
Which were?

I think STO might have fixed them, as they are one of the better MMOs out there right now in my opinion...

But yeah, even though I came in at the F2P conversion, I can definitely see there being issues.
Old 2013-06-21, 02:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
moosepoop
Captain

the dude played 4 hours a day for 7 months. I think hes just burnt out.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion