Are claymores too visible? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Loading Virus
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-09-16, 05:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
ringring
Contributor
General

Re: Are claymores too visible?

Originally Posted by GreyFrog View Post
They seem fixed in the latest patch for me.

They have the same blast range of 6m but maintain damage out further IIRC.

The green lasers are not very obvious anymore, I can put them next to doorways now without issues.

As for not going off, this isnt unique to the claymore. I've run past plenty of betties that don't go off but trigger for the 3rd of 4th person to come through the door. I've also noticed tank mines not triggering. Don't know about US servers but Briggs has been laggy as shit lately so maybe its related.
Yea, it's similar to sometimes when you shoot people but they don't take damage.
Old 2013-09-17, 04:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by MGP View Post
It was "suitcase on the ground" before. Now it's "suitcase on a stick".
Just saw the damn things. What's the point of making the light less visible if they're just going to put them high up? It's basically screaming "Look at me, I'm a mine!" I don't care what excuse they cook up, other mines have no lights to show off they're just 'round a corner and they're defiantly not high up. They either need to state point blank that TR are bad with mines but good with something else while still maintaining balance in the game on a whole (starcraft does that pretty neatly) or just fix the damn things to be, well, more like mines that one can not easily see.
Old 2013-09-17, 06:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Reithan
Corporal

I'm okay with them being more visible, if we get some other bonus instead. Like, extend the kill range or do more damage, or carry more of them, or arm faster, or whatever.
Old 2013-09-17, 06:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
OCNSethy
Major

Yeah, saw a couple of NC betties under the capture point at Ti Alloys last night, as I ran in the door.

'Is that a little yellow light on the ground?" Yep - a couple of Fracture rounds took care of them.
Old 2013-09-17, 07:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by OCNSethy View Post
Yeah, saw a couple of NC betties under the capture point at Ti Alloys last night, as I ran in the door.

'Is that a little yellow light on the ground?" Yep - a couple of Fracture rounds took care of them.
Good for you. I on the other hand have gotten capped on stairs because of betties on them. At that angle they're much harder to spot. Try hiding a claymore on stairs.
Old 2013-09-17, 07:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
GreyFrog
Master Sergeant

TBH claymores need to be placed a little differently to betties now but I'm getting many more kills.

They do get their higher damage extended out further in the blast radius than betties, I believe they are just about fixed.

The problems with claymores are down to client side hit detection and server lag not triggering/damaging enemies properly. Fix these and the whinges about claymores would be greatly reduced.
Old 2013-09-17, 09:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
OCNSethy
Major

Originally Posted by Taramafor View Post
Good for you. I on the other hand have gotten capped on stairs because of betties on them. At that angle they're much harder to spot. Try hiding a claymore on stairs.
I thought it was pretty boss coz I usually dont see them and like you, hear the beep and goodnight.

Point being our claymores stick out like dog testicals and are much harder to use.

Last edited by OCNSethy; 2013-09-17 at 09:33 PM.
Old 2013-09-18, 09:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Gammit10
Sergeant

Yes, definitely
Old 2013-09-18, 11:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by OCNSethy View Post
I thought it was pretty boss coz I usually dont see them and like you, hear the beep and goodnight.

Point being our claymores stick out like dog testicals and are much harder to use.
I wouldn't say it's rocket science.

Today I triggered a BB, luckily I had just seen it and backed away so I survived. That's the first time I saw the 'popping up in the air' animation - pretty cool.
Old 2013-09-18, 11:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Kalee J
Sergeant

I have a suggestion I've not seen yet in this thread. How about we just rotate the mines 90 degress so it lays flat instead of on a stick? Could also rotate the breams 90 degrees so they project outward along the ground. That might help the visibility problem somewhat and bring it closer in line with the other mines.
Old 2013-09-18, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by Reithan View Post
I'm okay with them being more visible, if we get some other bonus instead. Like, extend the kill range or do more damage, or carry more of them, or arm faster, or whatever.
Same here. 6k damage and 4 meter range would be good. That way you can kill a max with full flack and put it beside the entrance so no one can sneak by it or see it first if they are coming from the wrong direction, or right direction depending what faction you play.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion