Deathscreen changes on PTS - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: NC, its whats for dinner
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-03-14, 06:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
synkrotron
First Sergeant

Misc Info
Re: Deathscreen changes on PTS

I positioned myself against the rocks on the west bank of the valley leading up to Valley Storage Yard. I killed three enemy and I was in that same position for about ten minutes and no one came to pay me a visit. And I wasn't with a mass of allies either.

So, although the new screen may be able to help some, not everyone is taking notice of the info it contains.
Old 2014-03-14, 09:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Osskscosco
Corporal

Originally Posted by synkrotron View Post
I positioned myself against the rocks on the west bank of the valley leading up to Valley Storage Yard. I killed three enemy and I was in that same position for about ten minutes and no one came to pay me a visit. And I wasn't with a mass of allies either.

So, although the new screen may be able to help some, not everyone is taking notice of the info it contains.
So yet another mass whining on official forums about nothing? Why am i not surprised?
Old 2014-03-14, 11:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Azzzz
Corporal

The only thing I like about the death screen?

It shows me how close I am to getting my next weapon medals without searching for them.

I do however, agree that I should be able to left click to continue forward out of the death screen, minor inconvenience though.

Last edited by Azzzz; 2014-03-14 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Ninjas!
Old 2014-03-15, 01:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Azzzz View Post
I do however, agree that I should be able to left click to continue forward out of the death screen, minor inconvenience though.
Left click at a minimum. I was using the esc key (as you do, when faced with a bunch of shit that you want off the screen as quickly as possible) when I missed a revive in my MAX.

Thus far I've seen nothing but minor inconveniences with the addition of this new shit; Haven't seen any actual improvements to the death screen.

Anyone who's interested in a bit of feedback: What do you need on a death screen? Flash a name, maybe a weapon and then get the fuck off of my monitor so I can go back to smashing the 'deploy' button as quickly as possible. Please note that this information is already displayed in a handy dandy little scrolling window at the upper right of my display. Feel free to pause, highlight or otherwise make note of that because that's about all I care to see.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2014-03-15, 01:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

The new stats it displays like how much XP I earned in that life, when it spiked in gain and when it was low, Showing me my killers weapon and attachments - All of that is nice.

If it looks like a kill-cam, behaves like a kill-cam, then it must be a kill-cam. Death-screen displays a kill-cam! I don't want to see a line or cone drawn between me and my killer showing me the EXACT location of the killer... I really really don't!

The squads already Q spotted the target, I don't need the system now reminding me every time I die. Take this death-screen kill-cam feature away or give me a option to turn that off! Ideally just restrict that thing to BR 1-10 for the new players... Just long enough for them to figure out the significance of Q spot and directional damage indicators!

It's way to fucking easy mode!

Last edited by HereticusXZ; 2014-03-15 at 01:32 PM.
Old 2014-03-15, 01:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
BlaxicanX
Sergeant Major

How many players who have killed you have you revenge killed by using the kill-cam to track them down?

After playing for a few hours between today and yesterday, the "kill-cam" seems entirely useless for figuring out the location of enemies who killed you.
Old 2014-03-15, 02:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by BlaxicanX View Post
How many players who have killed you have you revenge killed by using the kill-cam to track them down?

After playing for a few hours between today and yesterday, the "kill-cam" seems entirely useless for figuring out the location of enemies who killed you.

actually, it showed me how dangerous a lightning was. I was in the point room at NC Arsenal and I could see a sliver of a rear bumper of a lightning outside the rear door (one of the small ones). There was enough for me to hit it with a roacket but because I couldn't see the turret of the tank by quite a long way I thought I was safe. Nope!
Old 2014-03-15, 05:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
wobblyone
Private

I think you are right synk. I don't mind being the first to admit that I haven't a clue what is displayed, or have the time to suss it out.
Old 2014-03-17, 01:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
synkrotron
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by wobblyone View Post
I think you are right synk. I don't mind being the first to admit that I haven't a clue what is displayed, or have the time to suss it out.
LOL, well I don't think you are missing much, to be honest. All it tells me is how crap I have been between each of my deaths and I don't need a death screen to tell me that haha.

After a few more days in to the latest patch, I'm finding I'm having a bit more fun, at times, knowing that after I have headshot someone I have to move on. I might not move far but there has been the odd occasion where someone has come out to my remote location. Might just be a coincidence though...
Old 2014-03-17, 02:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
almalino
First Sergeant

LOL, well I don't think you are missing much, to be honest. All it tells me is how crap I have been between each of my deaths and I don't need a death screen to tell me that haha.
Your KD of 2.32 tells you are not a crappy player. At least KD wise.
Old 2014-03-17, 07:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
synkrotron
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by almalino View Post
Your KD of 2.32 tells you are not a crappy player. At least KD wise.
Ah... yes, well... I'm a Spawn Room Warrior you know

(in truth, not so much as I have been... I spent quite a bit of time "outside" yesterday LOL )

Actually, that reminds me, and allows me to stay slightly on topic here;

One of my "Pro-tips" on my Death Screen yesterday said something along the lines of, "remember, you are able to shoot through spawn room sheilds in order to clear an area." Made me smile a bit that one
Old 2014-03-17, 01:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
ringring
Contributor
General

I see Higby has tweeted and asked for opinions now that we have seen/experienced it.

The direction indicator: it has been no use to me thus far and therefore I cannot complain about it.

I like the thing where you can see what's going on around your corpse. Today I was killed and I could see a medic approach my corpse to heal me (great), then befire he could do that I saw him turn around and run away has the enemy advance. Good, now I know I have to respawn.

The xp stream of kills you made is quite nice.

But there's something about the layout that doesn't sit quite right, I mean aesthetics only.
Old 2014-03-17, 03:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
libbmaster
Private

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
I see Higby has tweeted and asked for opinions now that we have seen/experienced it.

The direction indicator: it has been no use to me thus far and therefore I cannot complain about it.

I like the thing where you can see what's going on around your corpse. Today I was killed and I could see a medic approach my corpse to heal me (great), then befire he could do that I saw him turn around and run away has the enemy advance. Good, now I know I have to respawn.

The xp stream of kills you made is quite nice.

But there's something about the layout that doesn't sit quite right, I mean aesthetics only.
It could use a bit of visual polish.

But yes, I came to the same conclusions.

Having a minimap view in the death screen is very useful, and the "kill map" is not at all the "game breaking CODification" that forumside told us it was/is.
Old 2014-03-17, 04:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
camycamera
Major

Originally Posted by BlaxicanX View Post

yup, this, i found that i just skipped through the deathscreen without looking at the kill map thing, because i already knew where they were anyway.

but i very much like the new deathscreen, it is a bit buggy though (sometimes it'll tell you who killed you when you died last instead of who killed you just then, and when you get lots of XP sometimes the text will stack ontop of eachother).

and yes, even though i myself don't have an issue with using the keyboard to skip the screen (i have my hands on the keyboard anyway), it would be nice to skip it with right click, thus keeping the ability to spin the sexy character models that killed you with left click
Old 2014-03-18, 11:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

I hope it just ends up appearing to be useful without actually being so. Gives new players the illusion of knowing exactly how they died, which hopefully will make it less stressful until you get used to getting killed

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2014-03-18 at 11:23 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion