Dual Pistols - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: How can Hamma sleep at night?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-05-13, 01:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
tmartinez72
Sergeant

I think 2 pistols is a great idea. It would just makes it easier for me against those who would wish to waste their cert points!

Why bother with the 2 pistols when you can just get the full-auto amp? It's COF would be better than 2 pistols and the fire rate improved.
Old 2003-05-13, 03:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Matuse
First Sergeant

And I bet I could take a ton of guys out with two pistols in my hands past 15 feet. And there is "clearly" no way you can say otherwise mr fancy pants.
I appreciate the fact that you feel your manhood has been impugned and that you may even really believe what you say here....but you aren't even remotely dealing with reality, and I would cordially request that you just stop.
Old 2003-05-13, 03:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
ASpeck
Private

dual pistols would be a little overpowered i think, but mainly for infiltrators, imagine and infil with 2 AMPS, that would tear up, unless we are talking about the pistols taking up both weapon slots instead of just one, like they do in unreal, but i guess thats different
Old 2003-05-13, 03:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
BlakkyZ8
Staff Sergeant

I was thinking that when driving one of the ATVs you should be able to perform driveby shottings with a pistol... Obviously an outrageous CoF would follow but it would be seriously cool.

Visit The TR Elite Guard

Join The TR Elite Guard

TReG Pwnz j00 like a Car

Old 2003-05-13, 03:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

I think they should put it in, with the massive COF it deserve's and insane reload times, just so i can mow down any idiot dumb enough to use it.
Old 2003-05-13, 05:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
tmartinez72
Sergeant

Yeah, but they'd look SOO uber-1337 dieing.
Old 2003-05-13, 06:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
MilitantB0B
Colonel

Originally posted by ASpeck
dual pistols would be a little overpowered i think, but mainly for infiltrators, imagine and infil with 2 AMPS, that would tear up, unless we are talking about the pistols taking up both weapon slots instead of just one, like they do in unreal, but i guess thats different
You could solve that by making it take 2 pistol slots.
Personally, I think the7y could put it in without making it overpowered, but once they did, who would use it aside from the l33t mofo who wants style kills? It would be cool looking, but I doubt the practicality.
Old 2003-05-13, 06:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
DarkDragon
Corporal

Give Infils less inv space, another pistol slot and dual pistols
Old 2003-05-14, 12:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
RUEN
Staff Sergeant

this idea is more than do-able, that is, if the DEV team is looking for ideas. and certainly has its advantages. and the main reason i like this idea is because its applicability with agile. many people (snipers or anyone who likes driving/flying vehicles) know that you need agile for somethings that reinforced cannot do. as a sniper/mosquito pilot in agile, i only have one rifle spot (for my bolt driver) and two small slots, and i sometimes feel unsafe while runnin around, dual pistols would really help
Old 2003-05-15, 01:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
tmartinez72
Sergeant

Originally posted by RUEN
edit.and i sometimes feel unsafe while runnin around, dual pistols would really help
That's built on the assumption would actually be able to HIT anything dual-weilding.

I myself rather hit with 1 bullet, than miss with 2
Old 2003-05-15, 02:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Mold
Sergeant

i like that idea. I think it would still be balanced because of the low amounts of ammo in a pistol, and the lack of range, plus the lack of a support pistol. But i think they should only allow this to work when you have 2 of the same pistols. Otherwise the alt fire wouldn't work.
But if they did make a way for 2 different pistols to be out at the same time and function independantly that would be a cool thing for medics, hackers, and engis to have so that maybe they could use their equipment without being as vrunerable. No mater what i think the COF should be nerfed for it if it did happen.
Old 2003-05-15, 02:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
ObnoxiousFrog
Brigadier General

2 Repeaters John Woo style would rock.

Old 2003-05-15, 02:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
TheAngelOfWar
Sergeant

have any of you ever been attacked from behind by an inf with an amp? even in reinforced armor, its not a pretty site. you can usually turn and get a shot or two, but unless they are horrible at what they do, you're a goner. give em 2 amps and you wont even see the translucent sillouette before you find a respawn point.
Old 2003-05-15, 03:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Sp3ctre
Sergeant Major

Originally posted by ObnoxiousFrog
2 Repeaters John Woo style would rock.
Have you seen 'The Killer'? It's the best John Woo film ever

Well the CoF would be huge while moving, but standing still, it wouldn't be that hard to shoot people accurately (Not that I've tried it)
Old 2003-05-16, 12:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
RUEN
Staff Sergeant

TheAngelOfWar

have any of you ever been attacked from behind by an inf with an amp? even in reinforced armor, its not a pretty site. you can usually turn and get a shot or two, but unless they are horrible at what they do, you're a goner. give em 2 amps and you wont even see the translucent sillouette before you find a respawn point.
Did you even read this thread? the infiltrator only has ONE pistol slot! and as i said before, you would need TWO to use this skill (obviously) quit posting without reading...

That's built on the assumption would actually be able to HIT anything dual-weilding.
This is what i mean. The same amount of people think it would be underpowered as do think it would be overpowered... seems balanced to me. Not all people will want this because its not an ub3r skill and was never meant to be. It's just an idea for the few that would like it.

Last edited by RUEN; 2003-05-16 at 02:00 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion