Planetside 2 Needs Prone - Page 30 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Accepting "since 2003" quotes since 2003.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you want Prone in PS2?
Yes 152 31.21%
No 312 64.07%
Other (Explain) 23 4.72%
Voters: 487. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-09, 11:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #436
fishirboy
Staff Sergeant

Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone

Originally Posted by Knightwyvern View Post
Prone is good for that reason in real life. But this is a game, and not a simulation either. Balance and gameplay is more important. Having a cloaking sniper who can use prone on top of everything else, hundreds of meters away in a game would just be frustrating. Crouching works nearly as well anyways.
they could make it so that the cloak can't be activated because its to close to the ground and cloak needs small cams that can take images and put out images and having your body there will make you all messed up so at fix there haha.
Old 2012-06-09, 11:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #437
Algo
Corporal

After 30 pages of this you're posting a fragvideo of a game with instaprone camping what looks like a spawn exit?

Last edited by Algo; 2012-06-09 at 11:55 PM.
Old 2012-06-09, 11:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #438
Stew
Major

Prone is good for that reason in real life. But this is a game, and not a simulation either. Balance and gameplay is more important. Having a cloaking sniper who can use prone on top of everything else,

P

Prone should mean NO cloak and cloak disactivated !

This proove in a game with prone thats prone is a tool form infatry to temporary take cover and go back as wuick as possible in the figth and also allow you to be efficient and smart !

those who think prone encourage camping are dead wrong !
Old 2012-06-09, 11:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #439
fishirboy
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by mynameismud View Post
Here i put in my xbox live name into my profile to prove im a person, it has the same exact name as my profile. Thats the exact same name as my steam profile. But ya i probably just made a fake xbox gamertag with a phoney gamerscore and all that jazz just to sway a meaningless poll. call me not a person...
EVERY THING IS A CONSPERICY MAN!!! DONT TRUST ANY ONE!!! NOT EVEN YOU MOM!
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-09, 11:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #440
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Originally Posted by Elude View Post
Or just cloak.
Or move behind cover.
Old 2012-06-09, 11:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #441
Elude
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by fishirboy View Post
but i am not just talking about far away sniping i am also talking up close were you cant hid behind a object because crouching does not allow it, just wait until beta and then see don't just hate haha
I told you I don't hate prone, it's just redundant without turning it into something like seen in the Arma games.

I also don't see why cloak wouldn't be good up close.
Old 2012-06-10, 12:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #442
Elude
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Or move behind cover.
Or just accept your inevitable death and respawn somewhere else.
Old 2012-06-10, 12:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #443
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Or move behind cover.
why you keep ignoring this ? because it goes agains your personal (( opinion ))

look at this video its MAG 256 players and ive play arounf 2000 + hours in this game and ive never seen prone been a problem or encourage camping at all it was a way more a run and gun game full of action and team play
Old 2012-06-10, 12:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #444
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

If you're not using a slope, you're not doing it right. :P.
I understand what you're saying, but I think you're misreading my "when I'm under fire, I want to hit the deck" as "I want to be a WTFPWN sniper". If I played infiltrator, I'd be hanging out on the ridge line in defilade like any other sane person. I also agree that cloaking infiltrators at range and prone could be a real bear to deal with. What I am arguing is that, of the two identified evils here:
  1. Distant snipers are hard to spot and/or hit
  2. I'm in a gunfight and I can't lie down.

I'd prefer the evil that is expected and intuitive.
Old 2012-06-10, 12:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #445
captainkapautz
First Lieutenant

So I kinda don't want to browse 30 pages, but has the "NEED" part been clarified?

I mean the game NEEDS to be balanced and it NEEDS to be fun, but why exactly does it NEED prone?
Old 2012-06-10, 12:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #446
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by captainkapautz View Post
So I kinda don't want to browse 30 pages, but has the "NEED" part been clarified?

I mean the game NEEDS to be balanced and it NEEDS to be fun, but why exactly does it NEED prone?
because in many situation while in the action as infantry you need to go pronse to use a little hill as a cover or a buch of smalls rocks etc.. to be able to survive and those who said the opposite misunderstand the usage of prone Look up their the MAg video ive post every (( prone campers )) in MAG get destroy the prone is a way to play with cover for efficient infantry soldiers !

prone if implemented like Mag and as a good hit registration will ad to the game whiout making anything bad to it

LOOk up their in mag video and show me how prone can be bad for planetside MAg is a 256 players game BTW
Old 2012-06-10, 12:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #447
Elude
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by captainkapautz View Post

It doesn't it needs slip and slide mode where I can dive and slide 30 feet.
Old 2012-06-10, 12:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #448
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I don't think any convincing argument has been made for a need in the literal sense. I've seen a few decent arguments that Planetside 2 would be better off with the inclusion.

Originally Posted by Elude View Post
It doesn't it needs slip and slide mode where I can dive and slide 30 feet.
See, this is something I can't see anyone disagreeing with. The original BF2 implementation of prone was ridiculous. Unless I'm mistaken (cite, please), no one's asking for that.

Last edited by maradine; 2012-06-10 at 12:16 AM.
Old 2012-06-10, 12:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #449
Knightwyvern
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by maradine View Post
I understand what you're saying, but I think you're misreading my "when I'm under fire, I want to hit the deck" as "I want to be a WTFPWN sniper". If I played infiltrator, I'd be hanging out on the ridge line in defilade like any other sane person. I also agree that cloaking infiltrators at range and prone could be a real bear to deal with. What I am arguing is that, of the two identified evils here:
  1. Distant snipers are hard to spot and/or hit
  2. I'm in a gunfight and I can't lie down.

I'd prefer the evil that is expected and intuitive.
I do see your point. But as I said before, gameplay trumps reality in this situation, as in most others. I grant it doesn't make sense that you can't go prone when you're under fire; but for the sake of the game and balance, we need to suspend our disbelief. The same way we say "cloaking suits? plasma cannons? Vanu and TR not instadying to the obviously superior NC!? Oh, ok "
Old 2012-06-10, 12:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #450
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Could not agree more - gameplay must come first. Where we differ is on whether a prone state would enhance or detract. Honestly - is dolphin diving what everyone's knickers are in a twist over?
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion