Planetside 2 Needs Prone - Page 34 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We arent retreating, we are advancing in a different direction!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you want Prone in PS2?
Yes 152 31.21%
No 312 64.07%
Other (Explain) 23 4.72%
Voters: 487. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-10, 02:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #496
Phellix
Sergeant

Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
i wiould have paid 100 $ to verify the integrity of this vote lol 300 vote lol yeah for sure hahaha !

Public vote should be consider secret vote cant always be taken with a grain of salt

anyway poll mean nothing to me the Dev team must do whats will be the best for the game and player will have to adapt

sharing contructive idea is good

spamming vote in a secret thing where the same person with 10 accont can spam over and over dosent count to me

and also the relies like

i dont want this or a dont want thats or some irrevelant and wrong arguments like Prone = camping i call bullshit on this

please make sure to not be blind and close mind

this game will come into a beta stage everyones must try to make it better for everyones for the game itself not based on some sort of non sens personal preferance
I can respect your opinion, but there's more of an argument to it being more than camping.

Also PS1 Vets are first access to beta, where they will ultimately make their decision, do you really think PS1 Vets are going to want it? Doubtful

Originally Posted by Envenom View Post
They said during the livestream they will be seriously considering prone and potentially implementing it in the coming beta to see how it goes. Once the bittervets see how amazing it is, their tune will change.

*thunder crack*
I know 9* people who i've stayed in contact with who hate the idea of prone being put in, and we've all played multiple fps's over the years. We know how prone works, we don't need a beta to test it.

Last edited by Phellix; 2012-06-10 at 02:29 AM.
Old 2012-06-10, 02:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #497
Envenom
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Phellix View Post
I can respect your opinion, but there's more of an argument to it being more than camping.

Also PS1 Vets are first access to beta, where they will ultimately make their decision, do you really think PS1 Vets are going to want it? Doubtful
lol. Only PS1 vets? I've got a beta key and I am vehemently supportive of prone. I started this thread.

Also, not sure if you've noticed but the PS twitter has handed out like 2000+ beta keys in the last three days. Almost one every 2-3 minutes. There will be a lot more than bittervets during the beta my friend!!!
Old 2012-06-10, 02:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #498
Rhyfelwrr
Private

I think prone encourages static gameplay?

You know to one extreme it could become akin to trench warfare but only in worst case scenario.

I think its a bad idea because it slows the pace too much.
Old 2012-06-10, 02:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #499
Phellix
Sergeant

lol. Only PS1 vets? I've got a beta key and I am vehemently supportive of prone. I started this thread.

Also, not sure if you've noticed but the PS twitter has handed out like 2000+ beta keys in the last three days. Almost one every 2-3 minutes. There will be a lot more than bittervets during the beta my friend!!!
You misread my post, I said "Also PS1 Vets are first access to beta", First, not only.

To clarify even more, all the vets will get access first, meaning the vets get their imput above people who haven't played ps1.

Last edited by Phellix; 2012-06-10 at 02:34 AM.
Old 2012-06-10, 02:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #500
Ironside
Corporal

only little girls want prone...real men crouch
Old 2012-06-10, 02:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #501
mynameismud
Corporal

The battle rages on. Prone will win. You will see.
If by "see" you mean sadly going back to tf2 to wait for a worthy replacement cause every shooter that comes out is a crappy modern shooter or the exact same gameplay. then ya i will "see"

I played planetside at launch and for many years till tf2 came out cause of bfr's. tf2 is awesome but i've grown tired of it, playing that since launch will do that to ya.

I've eagerly been waiting for a shooter to take its place for me. Most shooters made today are garbage imo. I saw ps2 and shat bricks. Been excited since.

Although being in my early 20's I am an old fashioned kind of fps player, the kind that doesn't have much to turn to these days.

Not adding prone effects people who want it way less than adding prone to the people who don't want it.
Old 2012-06-10, 02:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #502
hypehype
Private

I can put up Legions of video thats proove thats prone isnt a problem at all the reason you put up are simply no where near the reality

dude ive play 2000 + in MAG a large scales game with 256 players and if its not a problem their and find me a single video where in MAG a large scales the only modern large scales game FIND ONE video where prone is use and abuse ?

can you ? Not a montage of few shot a real begin to end video i can put up Legions of video if you want to

MAG: Domination - Flores Basin Transfer Gameplay Montage - YouTube

i will not spam their is a random video but their is a lots of bad player video so i know Moejoe is a good player so thats why at take his video at first

Is this game seams to be slow down by the prone ? is this game to be camping festival ?
Actually from my experience of playing MAG i Remember Snipers prone camping their own spawn point, when they where supposed to be attacking. This lead to many Team kills and Rage quitting from players.

Going prone practically disables movement, and promotes camping.
At least with crouch the player will advance foward, but a player that is prone is unlikely to ever move.

And this was incredibly frustrating, because it basically meant i was handicapped, so many times we could of capped a base if that player got of his belly and helped us.

Dice knew sniper camping was a major problem, thats why in BF3 they added scope glint.

Last edited by hypehype; 2012-06-10 at 02:47 AM.
Old 2012-06-10, 02:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #503
Stew
Major

I know 10 people who i've stayed in contact with who hate the idea of prone being put in, and we've all played multiple fps's over the years. We know how prone works, we don't need a beta to test it.
Ps1 vets will have the acess like any others early access

and also they will not make the game like Ps1 vets want it the ps1 vets who are going to get in the beta are fews and SOE cant make the game only for these fews people iam a ps1 vets but i dont have a ps1 active accont since 2007 so yeah !

Planetside is going to be for everyones and Not all planetside 1 vets are blind and mindclose like ive said earlyer the ps1 vets who want ps2 to be ps1 will be disapointed !

and the prone is not going to be in the first beta build thats for sure

Many PC gamers early acess will get in at the same time as planeside 1 players beta invite !

also their is NO arguments ive seen here about prone thats are actually good or who make any sens This poll is 100 % biase and cheated iam sure of this even the most popular poll do not have this count in few time like this

the arguments agains prone are :

I do not like prone = personal opinion base on nothing
Prone is encouraging camping = WRONG
I do not like prone lol
and Cloakers in prone position = was a concern for me as well but ive found the solution While going prone Cloak goes off and its lock while prone so infiltrator cant cloak while prone

this is whats we call trying to find solution make the discussion worth something their is a solution to everything

thats pretty much it

the arguments for

Prone is bette to be able to get cover in time to avoid some unfair firefigth
good for situational landscape combat where their is only few mini hills and few 2 feet and 1 feet tall rocks and 80 % of the planetside maps is made of these so the landscape will be also good for infantry not just for vehicules play ! Ad to your freedoms of moovements ! this will also allow much more variety to the figth since prone will make soldiers suitable for landscapes battle whiout having to be in a vehicules !

so i found the FOR arguments more revelant to me than just saying wrong thing like prone = camping thats wrong i rarely see any campers in prone in MAG or BF3 those who camp prone are mostly noobs who end the game swirh 1 kills 20 dead and 50 points so yeah anll the agains are irrevelant to me at this point

the only thing thats can make me think prone sucks will be if once implemented the hitdetection of the prone guys is broken is the prone can be exploits or abuse drop shot etc.. i will say proudly NO to thats

but if its well done i will want it very bad to be a better soldier especislly in landscape battle where their is not so much cover like in based figth !
Old 2012-06-10, 02:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #504
Fortress
Sergeant

What is it about these forums that brings out every FPS-retarded child and their virtual wishlist?

Look, I'm sorry that PS2 won't have BFR's or dragons or player homes or auction houses or underwater shark hunts or invading amazons or prone or ghillie suits but Jesus Christ they don't even have rocks working correctly yet. Let them work on that before you demand angel wings or whatever.
Old 2012-06-10, 02:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #505
Envenom
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by mynameismud View Post
If by "see" you mean sadly going back to tf2 to wait for a worthy replacement cause every shooter that comes out is a crappy modern shooter or the exact same gameplay. then ya i will "see"
LOL. So melodramatic. And I suppose prone is the paramount deciding factor of your entire MMOFPS experience with Planetside 2?

Wow, you've sure put all your eggs in one basket.

Save the drama. This isn't that big of a deal. So some people lie down on the ground. If this is a game ruiner for you, you should probably re-think your FPS career. It's not that big of a deal.
Old 2012-06-10, 02:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #506
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by hypehype View Post
Actually from my experience of playing MAG i Remember Snipers prone camping their own Base when they where supposed to be attacking. This lead to many Team kills and Rage quitting from players.

Going prone practically disables movement, and promotes camping.

Dice knew sniper camping was a major problem, thats why in BF3 they added scope glint.

How to deal with camping snipers in MAG - YouTube[/url]
Whiout prone the same thing will happen have you ever play battlefield bad company ? Snipers team remember ? lol same thing will hapen CAMPERS ARE CAMPERS no matter prone crouch stand up they will camp because they are bad in situational awarness !

PROOF HERE NO PRONE GAME FULL OF CAMPERS

iam 100 % rigth on thats this arguments is irevalent
Old 2012-06-10, 02:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #507
Fortress
Sergeant

Whiout prone the same thing will happen have you ever play battlefield bad company ? Snipers team remember ? lol same thing will hapen CAMPERS ARE CAMPERS no matter prone crouch stand up they will camp because they are bad in situational awarness !

PROOF HERE NO PRONE GAME FULL OF CAMPERS

=fucking stupid video that proves nothing=

iam 100 % rigth on thats this arguments is irevalent

^ PSU spelling bee champ, 2012.
Old 2012-06-10, 02:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #508
Tarconus
Corporal

You misread my post, I said "Also PS1 Vets are first access to beta", First, not only.

To clarify even more, all the vets will get access first, meaning the vets get their imput above people who haven't played ps1.
No pc gamer keys are in the same pool that they pull from, and I can almost bet all these keys given away at e3 are as well.
Old 2012-06-10, 02:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #509
Phellix
Sergeant

Ps1 vets will have the acess like any others early access

and also they will not make the game like Ps1 vets want it the ps1 vets who are going to get in the beta are fews and SOE cant make the game only for these fews people iam a ps1 vets but i dont have a ps1 active accont since 2007 so yeah !

Planetside is going to be for everyones and Not all planetside 1 vets are blind and mindclose like ive said earlyer the ps1 vets who want ps2 to be ps1 will be disapointed !

and the prone is not going to be in the first beta build thats for sure

Many PC gamers early acess will get in at the same time as planeside 1 players beta invite !

also their is NO arguments ive seen here about prone thats are actually good or who make any sens This poll is 100 % biase and cheated iam sure of this even the most popular poll do not have this count in few time like this

the arguments agains prone are :

Prone is encouraging camping = WRONG
I do not like prone lol
and Cloakers in prone position = was a concern for me as well but ive found the solution While going prone Cloak goes off and its lock while prone so infiltrator cant cloak while prone

this is whats we call trying to find solution make the discussion worth something their is a solution to everything

thats pretty much it

the arguments for

Prone is bette to be able to get cover in time to avoid some unfair firefigth
good for situational landscape combat where their is only few mini hills and few 2 feet and 1 feet tall rocks and 80 % of the planetside maps is made of these so the landscape will be also good for infantry not just for vehicules play ! Ad to your freedoms of moovements ! this will also allow much more variety to the figth since prone will make soldiers suitable for landscapes battle whiout having to be in a vehicules !

so i found the FOR arguments more revelant to me than just saying wrong thing like prone = camping thats wrong i rarely see any campers in prone in MAG or BF3 those who camp prone are mostly noobs who end the game swirh 1 kills 20 dead and 50 points so yeah anll the agains are irrevelant to me at this point

the only thing thats can make me think prone sucks will be if once implemented the hitdetection of the prone guys is broken is the prone can be exploits or abuse drop shot etc.. i will say proudly NO to thats

but if its well done i will want it very bad to be a better soldier especislly in landscape battle where their is not so much cover like in based figth !
The problem here is you're comparing Planetside to BF3 or MAG, obviously PS2 won't be like PS1 it's very obvious and cool that's great, don't really care, but adding prone changes everything, EVERYTHING, about infantry combat. Which I(and many others obviously) do care about. Also i'm pretty sure no one is going out of there way to rig a poll so you can stop trying to argue that it's inaccurate.

Save the drama. This isn't that big of a deal. So some people lie down on the ground. If this is a game ruiner for you, you should probably re-think your FPS career. It's not that big of a deal.
Wrong, as i said above, it changes everything about infantry combat, which is kind of a big deal in a FIRST PERSON shooter.

Last edited by Phellix; 2012-06-10 at 02:57 AM.
Old 2012-06-10, 02:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #510
mynameismud
Corporal

!
I'm pretty sure your ignoring me like a bitch after insulting me cause you haven't responded to any of my points. But regardless do not assume we base these things off of nothing, makes you and me an ass. and dont say my opinion of a simple yes or no doesn't matter. you listen to the opinions you want and disregard the rest all while trying to say your impartial and just keeping things open.

You also attack people saying they are fake. If you are trying to be fair and impartial for the sake of waiting for beta, then you are doing this all wrong by insulting people and disregarding their valid opinions cause they don't share yours.

Simply not liking a feature is a valid opinion.

Last edited by mynameismud; 2012-06-10 at 02:59 AM.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion