Planetside 2 Needs Prone - Page 35 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Unofficially the most official unofficial fansite.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you want Prone in PS2?
Yes 152 31.21%
No 312 64.07%
Other (Explain) 23 4.72%
Voters: 487. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-10, 02:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #511
hypehype
Private

Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Whiout prone the same thing will happen have you ever play battlefield bad company ? Snipers team remember ? lol same thing will hapen CAMPERS ARE CAMPERS no matter prone crouch stand up they will camp because they are bad in situational awarness !

PROOF HERE NO PRONE GAME FULL OF CAMPERS
Sniper Team - Battlefield Bad Company 2 Music Video - YouTube

iam 100 % rigth on thats this arguments is irevalent
But the difference is a Crouch camper is eaiser to spot and kill than a prone camper.
Yes i have played BC2, Again as i said before, Dice knew camping snipers was a problem, so they added the scope glint crutch before giving snipers prone.

If bush wookies could prone in BC2 the game would be impossible to play
Old 2012-06-10, 02:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #512
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by Fortress View Post
^ PSU spelling bee champ, 2012.

THIS game as no prone and this video is revelant of whats ive experienced so many time the wokkies hide in the bush in crouch position Prone or no prone will never prevent CAMPERS TO CAMPS CAMPERS ARE CAMPERS thats all
and they will camp in ps2 no matter whats u said prone will not ad anything to campers they will use infiltrator with clock and sit on a corner invisible etc..

Their is a BFbc2 game WITH NO PRONE whats you think about thats whats you have to say ? please logical statement no a attack on my poor english
Old 2012-06-10, 02:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #513
mynameismud
Corporal

Originally Posted by Envenom View Post
It's not that big of a deal.
Prone changes the way everything in the game will flow, do not say its not a big deal, if it wasnt a big deal this thread wouldn't be so long.
Old 2012-06-10, 02:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #514
Phellix
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Tarconus View Post
No pc gamer keys are in the same pool that they pull from, and I can almost bet all these keys given away at e3 are as well.
Do you know how beta keys go out? Batches. Not all at once.

So no, They won't be in when vets go in, assuming they stick to their word.

Last edited by Phellix; 2012-06-10 at 03:01 AM.
Old 2012-06-10, 02:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #515
Fortress
Sergeant

THIS game as no prone and this video is revelant of whats ive experienced so many time the wokkies hide in the bush in crouch position Prone or no prone will never prevent CAMPERS TO CAMPS CAMPERS ARE CAMPERS thats all
and they will camp in ps2 no matter whats u said prone will not ad anything to campers they will use infiltrator with clock and sit on a corner invisible etc..

Their is a BFbc2 game WITH NO PRONE whats you think about thats whats you have to say ? please logical statement no a attack on my poor english
I've never watched the special Olympics, but I feel like laughing at you is close enough.
Old 2012-06-10, 03:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #516
Tarconus
Corporal

Originally Posted by Phellix View Post
Do you know how beta keys go out? Batches. Not all at once.
Do you know that all those batches are put into a RNG and pulled out depending on what pool they are in? And that PC gamer and PS1 vets are swimming in the same pool? Ergo, unless the probability gods shine and the odds go nuts it will not be all vets in there before pc gamer people. In fact I would wager more pc gamer people will as there are more keys given out over that.

And also the fact that not all vets even care about this game anymore nor even have active emails on their station accounts to even accept an invite.
Old 2012-06-10, 03:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #517
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by hypehype View Post
But the difference is a Crouch camper is eaiser to spot and kill than a prone camper.
Yes i have played BC2, Again as i said before, Dice knew camping snipers was a problem, so they added the scope glint crutch before giving snipers prone.

If bush wookies could prone in BC2 the game would be impossible to play
So why am i able to see people across the map while prone in BF3 ? whats kinda or screen monitor do you have ? i have a 27 inch LED viewsonic 1ms

and i can spot an BF3 eng prone across the map why ? why am i able to see people prone on a rooftop whiout seen them because of the 3d spotting i talk about seign them for real ! why ?

this is so funny at first you said prone encourage camping and now since your arguments as been proove to be wrong you come up with prone people are more hard to see which is wrong agains and i can proove it just wait a second i will log in BF make a video and come back here to proove my point !
Old 2012-06-10, 03:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #518
Phellix
Sergeant

Do you know that all those batches are put into a RNG and pulled out depending on what pool they are in? And that PC gamer and PS1 vets are swimming in the same pool? Ergo, unless the probability gods shine and the odds go nuts it will not be all vets in there before pc gamer people. In fact I would wager more pc gamer people will as there are more keys given out over that.

And also the fact that not all vets even care about this game anymore nor even have active emails on their station accounts to even accept an invite.
I know how betas work and how keys go out, but i did misread what was said regarding ps1 vets when they first released the info about beta keys awhile back, apologies. With that said it's a shame because too many players have never played an FPS that doesn't offer prone so they think it's necessary, which sucks for the players who know it's not & ruins FPS games.

Last edited by Phellix; 2012-06-10 at 03:10 AM.
Old 2012-06-10, 03:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #519
Tarconus
Corporal

Originally Posted by Phellix View Post
I know how betas work and how keys go out, but i did misread what was said regarding ps1 vets when they first released the info about beta keys awhile back, apologies. With that said it's a shame because too many players have never played an FPS that doesn't offer prone so they think it's necessary, which sucks for the players who know it's not & ruins FPS games.
Just to be clear I wasn't in PS1 but I don't like prone either I played the orginal tribes sniping and didn't even have crouch so I know it's not needed. I only said the stuff about beta cause I didn't want people to get the wrong idea about what you said.

The problem I have with prone now is, with no kill cam and bullets that will be coming from everywhere, there is no way to get that person back or take that threat out. With a hidey hole that they could have glitched their way into and no kill cam to see where they are and promote shooting and moving prone is to OP either on attack or defense.
Old 2012-06-10, 03:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #520
Stew
Major

yeah campers will remains campers no matter prone or not unreal as no prone no corouch but theyr swas still campers out there lol campers are mostly bad players and arent a treat

Last edited by Stew; 2012-06-10 at 03:40 AM.
Old 2012-06-10, 03:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #521
hypehype
Private

So why am i able to see people across the map while prone in BF3 ? whats kinda or screen monitor do you have ? i have a 27 inch LED viewsonic 1ms

and i can spot an BF3 eng prone across the map why ? why am i able to see people prone on a rooftop whiout seen them because of the 3d spotting i talk about seign them for real ! why ?

this is so funny at first you said prone encourage camping and now since your arguments as been proove to be wrong you come up with prone people are more hard to see which is wrong agains and i can proove it just wait a second i will log in BF make a video and come back here to proove my point !
No, i still support my idea that prone encourages camping, because prone disables movement.

Yes people still camped regardless in BC2, but becasue they could not prone, they where eaiser to see and shoot. its far eaiser to see a crouching sniper adjusting their position then a prone sniper.

There where other factors that made snipers camp alot in BC2, mostely to do with them having a mortar strike gadget, so there was no real reason for them to ever move.

Last edited by hypehype; 2012-06-10 at 04:06 AM.
Old 2012-06-10, 03:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #522
Stew
Major

LOOK up there this is proove and facts no some theorie thats make no sens Prone no prone campers will camp their is also campers in unreal tournament and their is not even a crouch lollll

Just to be clear I wasn't in PS1 but I don't like prone either I played the orginal tribes sniping and didn't even have crouch so I know it's not needed. I only said the stuff about beta cause I didn't want people to get the wrong idea about what you said.

The problem I have with prone now is, with no kill cam and bullets that will be coming from everywhere, there is no way to get that person back or take that threat out. With a hidey hole that they could have glitched their way into and no kill cam to see where they are and promote shooting and moving prone is to OP either on attack or defense.
prone isnt needed to shoot people while prone

prone is mostly use by Pro skills run and gunners who need a 2 sec to reload a guns they go prone bhind little rock or crate reload and go back in to the action like i do myself and its also dangerous to be prone its protect you agains snipers mostly

In fact prone is the most efficients contersnipers for infantry AR and SMG ans LMG type look at this video and youll see by urself

http://youtu.be/a3L04OgHdL0?t=10m58s

at 10 min 50 you can see me using a little cover and using prone to avoid the tons of snipers camping behind iam trying to moove foward but their is to much of them whiout prone ive been kill a way to many times

so prone is more usefull for agresssinve and skills players than for campers so iam really concern about the real gaming experience of many !

the prone is usefull for infantry and agressive even more so i think personally prone will ad even more agressive gameplay and not the oposite !

think i dont try to moove fowar ? look at me using prone to try to moove foward in a ennemy nest full of 32 ennemy players http://youtu.be/a3L04OgHdL0?t=13m41s «««««««««««««« HERE

http://youtu.be/a3L04OgHdL0?t=17m «««««« Prone hard to spot ? did i have any problem to spot this one ??

Last edited by Stew; 2012-06-10 at 03:41 AM.
Old 2012-06-10, 03:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #523
goneglockin
Sergeant

Prone.

Think of what this essentially reduces decades of advancements in video game tech too...

You know those flash add where you have to click the thing to win the stuff? Basically the skillset for the stationary "fps" player having a picnic and occasionally clicking on people who walk in front of his scope is the same.

If it were up to me, I would make an FPS game called FPS. It would have no story, no silly campaign, just super-tight multiplayer. Since it's a game that knows it's a game, throw some terminals around the map that allow you to change the rules/mechanics of the round- or even areas of the map itself- if you can earn them. It would be entirely projectile based and some lead would be necessary, but not psychic or guessing tribes style leading. It would have no sniper rifles.

I could go on.

P.S.

I wish people would stop holding up BF3 as some kind of a standard. It's absolute horse shit. It's Bad Company 2, part 2; and no one seemed to think the way that game played was all that and a bag of chips. But slap the Battlefield name on it and suddenly it's the gold standard of gaming. Please. Did not buy. Do not want.

Last edited by goneglockin; 2012-06-10 at 03:52 AM.
Old 2012-06-10, 03:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #524
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by goneglockin View Post
Prone.

Think of what this essentially reduces decades of advancements in video game tech too...

You know those flash add where you have to click the thing to win the stuff? Basically the skillset for the stationary "fps" player having a picnic and

. [/U]

I could go on.
Have you take a look at the proof up there ? iam i a stationary FPS player ? whats silly is whats u just said Why did you avoid every single proof and always repeat the same non sens ? LOOK rith on top of yor post read ans watch those part of video

everything thats you guys as said is prooved to be wrong is a single death match video !
Old 2012-06-10, 03:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #525
Greenthy
Sergeant

I recall COD:MW when it just became standard to, whenever running into enemies, dive into prone to avoid getting hit, than getting back up.

Plus the fact that PS maps are so huge, one could basicly prone on a cliff and never be found sniping away.

No prone please!
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion