Engineers, tactics and why I love the ACE - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where breaking through the back door is not a robbery.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-08-15, 12:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

I am an AMS driver/engineer. One thing I hate is when I set up all kinds of defenses around my AMS and then it gets jacked, so I figured something out. When bringing an AMS to a battle, park, deploy, then place 2 boomers and 1 mine infront of the AMS. Mines can't be placed right next to each other and an exploding mine will set off boomers. Then undeploy it, drive it on top of the mine and boomers, then deploy it again. If the AMS gets hacked, the mine will blow up and set off the two boomers. The AMS is now on the brink of death, finish it off with any weapon you have. But if you have adv hacking you could simply hack it back.

Edit: Use more boomers if you want it completely gone. I only use two becouse that won't kill it, but it will take out the cloaked hacker standing next to it, then I have the option of finishing it off, or letting an Adv Hacker re-hack it. I have recently acquired adv hacking so I don't use this technique as often as I used to
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none

Last edited by Lonehunter; 2003-08-15 at 12:26 PM.
Old 2003-08-15, 12:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
kidriot
Sergeant Major

combat engineering is fun.

there will always be atleast a few vehicles who run blindly into mine fields around bases/turrets.

with EMP at cr3, tho, it's very simple to get rid of a CE's work. that's the main reason I ditched CE. along with people carrying jammers, deployables aren't more then an annoyance.
Old 2003-08-15, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
gonnagetyou
First Lieutenant

Originally posted by Madcow
Play an infil combat engy and learn to love the Boomer.

And the Motion Sensor should be used a LOT more often than it is. It's a shame but I think most people feel the same way you do about it.
Hey, I use motion sensors all the time. If I'm around prior to a large siege I'll string motion sensors all the way around the upper walls with a few inside which effectively covers the entire base. Motion sensors placed on the wall above the back door are especially good for keeping track of troops using it as long as people watch their minimap like they should.

If I'm alone defending a base against a small squad I use motion sensors placed in strategic locations inside to help me keep track of enemy locations so I can set up ambushes in hallways and around corners. This has worked very well for me on multiple occasions.

Just be sure to place them in places were they aren't easily seen and destroyed too quickly. The sensors penetrate through walls so you can get a good even coverage.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion