Hotdropping - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-05-21, 10:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
ArmedZealot
Contributor
Major

Re: Hotdropping

Originally Posted by Timealude View Post
We also dont know the amount of damage you take from bailing vs drop podding out of a galaxy.

We know that if you are playing light assault, it would be none. Light assault seems the most likely choice if you are doing a mossie drop to get on top of a base. Assuming that they don't allow heavy assault to pilot.

Maybe infiltrator would be another viable choice, but it'd be pretty obvious seeing a mossie falling out of the sky.

Last edited by ArmedZealot; 2012-05-21 at 10:23 PM.
Old 2012-05-21, 10:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
captainkapautz
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Mastachief View Post
Um no it's not.

40 ground attack Reavers (i'm probably going NC) is going to be far more effective than 3 gals and 4 or 10 reavers (cant remember is a gal holds 10 or 12)

Those 40 reavers clear the courtyard and then bail on a equip terminal building and hack out maxes and such like. <--- far more flexible

This really will come down to your outfit playstyle and co-ordination.

As for resource cost? i see this as a none issue because generally if you are playing within a higher tier group, resources will naturally be abundant.
Any proof that you can hack terms?
Old 2012-05-22, 07:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
SgtMAD
Captain

Originally Posted by elfailo View Post
Your first paragraph is entirely irrelevant because we're not talking about a 20 million dollar aircraft, but a bunch of pixels worth 5 minutes of downtime (were you to use it to fly straight to a tower and bail). Go ahead and make that realism argument again, you're only proving my first point in this thread.

Great, you killed Dreamer. You're such a badass. Except it's also irrelevant what you accomplished. If it was something special, I would probably know your name, but I don't. Fact is that nobody cares anymore. You don't see me bragging about whatever I did do you? You're not going to impress anyone with it anymore.

You seem to think that using Mosquito's to bail on towers by default makes you a "Rambo". It's not even close to being true. And even if it were, why is it wrong? A game that offers both Rambo's and compulsive team players a chance to do what they want is better than a game that excludes either, and that's exactly what we're talking about when nerfing dropping.

You are delusional and butthurt. Nobody knows who you are, because rather than invent your own strategies and tactics, you played the game the way you think it was supposed to be played and never made a name for yourself. You can keep making posts about nerfing this or nerfing that, hoping you will stop people you perceive as Rambo's, but it won't matter. Planetside 1 showed that clearly. People whined because they thought Surge was overpowered, and then it got nerfed. You know what changed? Nothing. The people that dominated before the nerf still did so after the nerf. Incidentally I've also seen the very same people dominate in every other game I've seen them in.

This isn't about fairness, teamwork, or Ramboing. It's about a large number of people on this forum suffering from perpetual scrub syndrome. Psychologists call it self-serving bias; If something kills you, it's overpowered and wrong, if you kill something, it's because you're amazing. It needs to stop, because it's a negative influence on game design. Planetside 1, as well as many other games, has shown that developers can cave into mass-whining, and make rash choices that end up being worse for the game than the thing they were trying to fix.

Nothing changed since 2003, except now you feel like you matter because Planetside has long been dead, so nobody can tell if you're crying out of a genuine sense of fairness, or because you're simply bad at gaming.
I love this guy.

what I find hilarious is the guy that says he killed Dreamer,9 years later and ppl are still scarred.

and all of you think mossie hotdrops are worthless LOL
Old 2012-05-22, 08:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
SKYeXile
Major General

looked like in that video he was playing light assault so he was able to use the jetpack to glide to safety...i recall hearing it been pulsed to slow his decent.

Devs have also stated that in order to bail from an aircraft safely you will need a mod in it...despite what ALPHA footage shows.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-05-22, 08:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
Marinealver
Sergeant Major

Galaxy was made for the whole air assault high tech Paratroop hot dropping with those gravity chutes. Mossis and reavers were just supposed to be an ejection seat. Sort of like Battlefield only the grav-parachute works all of the time. The phantasim was more of a cloaked low altitude entry vehicle.

Me I wouldn't mind say a passenger controlled Zip Lines. From non gunner passenger seats for Galaxies and Phantasims. When a the aircraft gets close enough the passangers can simply point where they want to land, one of those cavern ziplines shoots out and then the passenger disembarks via zipline to the spot. a minuet or 2 after the trip the zipline goes away. Sort of like a futurestic way of Fast Ropeing.
Old 2012-05-22, 08:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I don't care that Mossy drops were effective in the original.
The Reaver and Mossy are combat aircraft, not transports (In PS2 this argument is only stronger because there is no original Mossy). But they end up being more effective than the actual transport aircraft and that's dumb.

The PS1 bailing implementation made something that required at least two people into something any individual could do on their own. And made the Galaxy option obsolete because the other way was easier to do and more effective. That's the definition of "dumbing down"

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2012-05-22, 09:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Being able to hotdrop from a mossie wasnt the actual problem, it was being able to do that with HA and Decimators. Essentially making the pilot of a scout jet a one man army.

Now we already know that OMA is nerfed, so the question actually is: Does it matter if hotdropping pilots return?

Old 2012-05-22, 10:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
Pyreal
First Sergeant

Your first paragraph is entirely irrelevant because we're not talking about a 20 million dollar aircraft, but a bunch of pixels worth 5 minutes of downtime (were you to use it to fly straight to a tower and bail). Go ahead and make that realism argument again, you're only proving my first point in this thread.
Compare statements: 'bunch of pixels' (current)
Compare statements: 'valuable empire-shared resources' (latter)

Side note: Subject holds specific contradictory opinions.

Conclusion: FoS.

Great, you killed Dreamer. You're such a badass. Except it's also irrelevant what you accomplished. If it was something special, I would probably know your name, but I don't. Fact is that nobody cares anymore. You don't see me bragging about whatever I did do you? You're not going to impress anyone with it anymore.
Analyze: sarcasm, minimizing, aloofness, nothing to brag about, unable to impress peers.

Conclusion: Downer personality with perfunctory seepage.

You seem to think that using Mosquito's to bail on towers by default makes you a "Rambo". It's not even close to being true. And even if it were, why is it wrong? A game that offers both Rambo's and compulsive team players a chance to do what they want is better than a game that excludes either, and that's exactly what we're talking about when nerfing dropping.
Compare statement: Mosquito + Bail on tower = Rambo = 'It's not even close to being true.'
Compare statement: A game that offers both Rambo's and compulsive.. is better.. Nerfing dropping = excluding Rambo style.

Side note: Subject insists nerfing dropping is exclusionary towards Rambo play style while maintaining that the notion of dropping being characteristic of a Rambo play style is false.

Conclusion: FoS.

You are delusional and butthurt. Nobody knows who you are, because rather than invent your own strategies and tactics, you played the game the way you think it was supposed to be played and never made a name for yourself. You can keep making posts about nerfing this or nerfing that, hoping you will stop people you perceive as Rambo's, but it won't matter. Planetside 1 showed that clearly. People whined because they thought Surge was overpowered, and then it got nerfed. You know what changed? Nothing. The people that dominated before the nerf still did so after the nerf. Incidentally I've also seen the very same people dominate in every other game I've seen them in.
Analyze statements: butthurt, Nobody knows, played the game, hoping you will stop, was overpowered, whined, what changed? Nothing., people that dominated, same people dominate, I've seen them in.

Conclusion: [Censored]
Old 2012-05-22, 06:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Well, the surgile whining did have a legitimate reason. Warping intentionally was as cheesy as it got for infantry combat.

Old 2012-05-22, 07:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
SgtMAD
Captain

Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
Well, the surgile whining did have a legitimate reason. Warping intentionally was as cheesy as it got for infantry combat.
bullshit, all you needed to do to stop surgiles was toss a friggin jammer.pretty goddamn simple solution but no, lets nerf it all because ppl were too lazy to use a grenade.

one of my guys found TB's old surgile nerf vid clip,its friggin pathetic watching him not be able to hit a guy surging at him in the back hallway of a tech plant with a JH,he couldn't hit the guy in a tight hallway with a shotgun LOL
Old 2012-05-22, 07:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by HtSgtMAD View Post
bullshit, all you needed to do to stop surgiles was toss a friggin jammer.pretty goddamn simple solution but no, lets nerf it all because ppl were too lazy to use a grenade.
Well, that is a lovely concept. But in actuality, it doesn't work, because the surgile isn't stupid enough to let you re equip your weapon after the nade toss. And if they are dumb enough, you probably could kill them anyway.

EDIT: I seem to remember you spending a lot of time in a Scatter cannon MAX, in fact i'm not sure you ever showed up in anything else

Anyway, some of us are experienced with this on both sides and not just talking from second person experience. Yes, I was a Surgile too on several occasions... change of pace.

Last edited by Baneblade; 2012-05-22 at 07:51 PM.
Old 2012-05-22, 07:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Pyreal
First Sergeant

[Insert multiple, long paragraphs]

When I saw your reply I said to myself:
'Hell no, I ain't reading that.'

But after a moment of reflection I decided:
'Ah, what the hell. I'll read it then make a quip about doing him the kindness of reading his over winded post, or something snappy like that.'

I've had too many beers in the last eight hours and not enough pizza and thus my large intestines are testing the edge of rebellion. That being said, you should have respect for the superfluous kindness and testicular fortitude that was required to keep my semi-irregularly sized visual receptors following your almost-flowing prose.

I am sensitive to arrogance, as it is the most despised vanity of mankind. There is no virtue or value in self serving superiority. Really, what do you have that was not given to you?

As I read your long post I was childishly pleased by how well you wright. I even smiled my crooked smile.

If you divest yourself of your disgusting arrogance I would welcome you as a Brother in Arms! and gladly plink at T.R. and N.C. scum shoulder to shoulder with you!
But as it stands now, and I'm desolate to so inform you, I needs must shoot you. But don't worry, I hear lasers are rather painless, or so the absence of screams from your fellow warmongering fools informs me.

Have a nice day.
Good bye.
Beep.
Old 2012-05-22, 07:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by HtSgtMAD View Post

one of my guys found TB's old surgile nerf vid clip,its friggin pathetic watching him not be able to hit a guy surging at him in the back hallway of a tech plant with a JH,he couldn't hit the guy in a tight hallway with a shotgun LOL
surgile had it coming, despite TB's lack of aim, planetside 1 running at 5 ticks per second with movement prediction is simply too slow for the speeds of surgile. The video was abit messed up anyway, the guy he was firing at had his gun away making him go even faster, obviously not a real world scenario.

Anyway back to the topic of hotdropping, im still not seeing the problem in PS2?

in PS1, okay a guy in AGILE could bail with HA and a decimater, he could fight against guys in rexo's and kill 1 max with his deci. alright if agile vs rexo wasn't infavour enough of the the rexo defender enough for you guys in PS2 they plan to make it so the primary AV class is the rexo, a class that cant fit in an aircraft cockpit.

So what you guys are afraid of in PS2 is guys wasting resources pulling aircraft to bail on a tower in medic, engineer or infil suits...or standard assaults(that could get there anyway) they will likely have issues killing maxes and in close quarters they're in the HA assaults domain anyway. Best nerf bailing guys.

Oh yea, since people seem to have this idea that im tower bailer because i support hotdropping...im not, im a pilot, i dont care for bailing, infact i hate it because cunts always bail on me when im about to kill them. But i simply cant sit by while muppets argue that bailing as agile HA vs defenders in Rexo HA and MAX'es is a broken.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-05-22, 08:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Yeah, you never bail. Which was annoying, because I tried many times to force you to

Old 2012-05-22, 08:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Xyntech
Brigadier General

It is a good point that the class restrictions have already pretty much negated any actual balance issues of skeeter hotdropping.

Perhaps the TTK of ES fighters vs Galaxies will further the divide.

Still, rapid response troops in the fastest aircraft in the game will always be a factor, no matter how many hoops those players have to jump through to do it. It will just be nice if it isn't the defacto transport method anymore, which was a legitimate concern going from PS1's BR40 to PS2's ability to freely switch roles.

Either way, it probably won't be much of an issue since LA can safely land with or without a hotdrop shield.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion