Planetside 2 and Trolls - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: took my lunch money
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: How should SOE be against trolls?
Trolling is natural, waste your time banning cheaters not trolls 51 55.43%
Ban every troll....even if they are paying customers. 24 26.09%
Only ban trolls who troll too much 8 8.70%
Ban trolls who troll too much but never permanetly ban them 8 8.70%
Ban trolls but if they actually buy stuff...Don't ban them 1 1.09%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-02, 07:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Dreamcast
Major

Re: Planetside 2 and Trolls

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
well yea, i think it was what he meant.

IMO:
trolling= messing with somebodys mind, generally with the goal to make them angry through means of chat.

greifing= is more broad, but generally negative physical character interaction or disrupting the effectiveness of your "allies".
The goal is the same...Piss people off.

You can do it by using words or by using in game abilities.
Old 2012-04-02, 07:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
lol first of all TKers can be paying customers too....since the grief system will still probably work then u can't tk that much.

Personally I don't tk 24/7, only once and a while because is fun so is not a big deal....I actually like it when people want to kill me so much that they focus on me and not the battle so I wont have a problem with my team tking me.

As you can see the losing team reports....Why is that?...because the losers always need to blame somebody else.

So Like I said it works because I do get banned sometimes but I can see how it effects innocent people.

But really LoL tribunal doesn't really work on me...I mean I always get reported I have gotten ban like 3 or 4 times for like 3 days...is like whatever to be honest lol and I been playing LoL since for like 2 years.

I thought lots of reports gets u on the tribunal?....because people report so much that only the ones with the most reports get to the tribunal then punished.
typically there is somebody to blame, in those cases where the losing team reports its because a player isn't pulling their weight...they could just be bad but more likely they;re butt hurt over something and then contribute nothing to your team, or like you said you do, feed the enemy team points...its pretty hard to win when you're 4v5 and their team is getting more gold and xp than you.

and also, getting an excess amount of grief is in violations of TOS, and is a bannable offence since you're disrupting other peoples experience.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-04-02, 07:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
SKYeXile
Major General

The goal is the same...Piss people off.

You can do it by using words or by using in game abilities.
the goal is the same, yes. But they're defined differently. perhaps because some people don't have the mental capability to make somebody mad with only words so they have to resort to physical game action and we then need to separate the intelligent from the meat heads.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
Old 2012-04-02, 07:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Dreamcast
Major

typically there is somebody to blame, in those cases where the losing team reports its because a player isn't pulling their weight...they could just be bad but more likely they;re butt hurt over something and then contribute nothing to your team, or like you said you do, feed the enemy team points...its pretty hard to win when you're 4v5 and their team is getting more gold and xp than you.

and also, getting an excess amount of grief is in violations of TOS, and is a bannable offence since you're disrupting other peoples experience.
I just went to tribunal to check it out....the shit people report on is ridiculous lol.

Sometimes their is somebody to blame...sometimes a person is no good and they report that he is feeding or assisting enemy team....sometimes the person is good but team doesnt help so he dies....their is a lot of reasons I have seen why people report, some of them are stupid.

I only been banned for like 3 days....I come back.
Old 2012-04-02, 07:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Dreamcast
Major

the goal is the same, yes. But they're defined differently. perhaps because some people don't have the mental capability to make somebody mad with only words so they have to resort to physical game action and we then need to separate the intelligent from the meat heads.
Well if ur good...u combine both...it becomes a single art form.
Old 2012-04-02, 07:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
SKYeXile
Major General

Well if ur good...u combine both...it becomes a single art form.
I don't think that's going to work for you.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
Old 2012-04-02, 07:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Dreamcast
Major

I don't think that's going to work for you.
It does already.
Old 2012-04-02, 07:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
SKYeXile
Major General

It does already.
No, to work effectively as a troll you need to make the other person mad and not just have them think you're mentally disabled.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
Old 2012-04-02, 07:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Kipper
Captain

I propose a new term: vandal.

That's what somebody is when they aim to destroy something for no reason - you can convince yourself that it's fun maybe, but nobody here is impressed.

Going into a multiplayer game with the stated intention of trying to make it suck for everyone else is no different to taking a spray can to the town in which you live. The funny thing being that just like a newly performed act of vandalism - its shocking the first time you see it, and after that, the effect is lost completely.

You probably think that people are more pissed off than they are when you disrupt them.

Fortunately, this kind of behaviour is something that most people grow out of, which by definition makes it an immature act - and means you're either a little kid trying to sound big, or just a huge idiot. Either way, kinda sucks to be you, dude.
Old 2012-04-02, 07:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Skitrel
Contributor
Captain

As you can see the losing team reports....Why is that?...because the losers always need to blame somebody else.
Reading comprehension, the winning team is the team the reports players most often.

So Like I said it works because I do get banned sometimes but I can see how it effects innocent people.
How exactly? The system is moderated for absolutely all instances where banning takes place. To date I've heard of absolutely nobody innocent being punished, those that have attempted to profess their innocence have had game logs pulled by moderators and published as evidence against them, disproving every cry of innocence I've ever seen.

But really LoL tribunal doesn't really work on me...I mean I always get reported I have gotten ban like 3 or 4 times for like 3 days...is like whatever to be honest lol and I been playing LoL since for like 2 years.
LoL rarely permaban, permabanning is pointless, it doesn't remove people from the game, they'll just join with a new account. The goal is to simply reduce the amount of dickery going on. It works.

I thought lots of reports gets u on the tribunal?....because people report so much that only the ones with the most reports get to the tribunal then punished.
There's many factors involved in sending a case to tribunal or not, number of reports people are making however doesn't change the possibility of anything else going to tribunal. If the user that reports you has a high reputation, long age on their account, has made good reports previously and so on reports you then it can go to tribunal on a single report. It all depends on the reputation and strength of those doing the reporting. If they're quality members of the community they're going to send you to tribunal pretty easily, if they're not then it'll take many to send you there.

Originally Posted by Tribunal faq
(i) the number of times the user has been reported; (ii) the frequency at which the user is reported; (iii) the reason(s) for which the user is reported; (iv) the length of time the user’s Game account has been registered (with newer accounts judged more stringently than veterans); and (v) the reputation of the user(s) that are making the reports. This means that, generally, but not necessarily in all cases, you will have to be reported multiple times by multiple users before you face judgment by The Tribunal.

Mod: /r/gamernews
Join The Enclave: http://www.enclaveoilrig.com
Old 2012-04-02, 07:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Dreamcast
Major

No, to work effectively as a troll you need to make the other person mad and not just have them think you're mentally disabled.
Well if ur good they feel mad and think ur mentally disabled.

Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
I propose a new term: vandal.

That's what somebody is when they aim to destroy something for no reason - you can convince yourself that it's fun maybe, but nobody here is impressed.

Going into a multiplayer game with the stated intention of trying to make it suck for everyone else is no different to taking a spray can to the town in which you live. The funny thing being that just like a newly performed act of vandalism - its shocking the first time you see it, and after that, the effect is lost completely.

You probably think that people are more pissed off than they are when you disrupt them.

Fortunately, this kind of behaviour is something that most people grow out of, which by definition makes it an immature act - and means you're either a little kid trying to sound big, or just a huge idiot. Either way, kinda sucks to be you, dude.
Not really....I been doing this for a while, I still get people to fall for it.

LoL is the perfect example..In the beggining of the game I trolled,people fell for it...Now a days they still do, except they call everything a troll prematurely...either way they fall for it.

People like being mad and argue with people....for that reason alone my trolls will always work.

Last edited by Dreamcast; 2012-04-02 at 07:56 PM.
Old 2012-04-02, 07:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Vash02
Major

lol first of all TKers can be paying customers too....since the grief system will still probably work then u can't tk that much.

Personally I don't tk 24/7, only once and a while because is fun so is not a big deal....I actually like it when people want to kill me so much that they focus on me and not the battle so I wont have a problem with my team tking me.
Why should SOE care about the lone douchebag paying TKer when he has driven off 5-6 other paying customers?

I'm thinking you should be banned already.
Old 2012-04-02, 07:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by Skitrel View Post
Reading comprehension, the winning team is the team the reports players most often.

How exactly? The system is moderated for absolutely all instances where banning takes place. To date I've heard of absolutely nobody innocent being punished, those that have attempted to profess their innocence have had game logs pulled by moderators and published as evidence against them, disproving every cry of innocence I've ever seen.

LoL rarely permaban, permabanning is pointless, it doesn't remove people from the game, they'll just join with a new account. The goal is to simply reduce the amount of dickery going on. It works.

There's many factors involved in sending a case to tribunal or not, number of reports people are making however doesn't change the possibility of anything else going to tribunal. If the user that reports you has a high reputation, long age on their account, has made good reports previously and so on reports you then it can go to tribunal on a single report. It all depends on the reputation and strength of those doing the reporting. If they're quality members of the community they're going to send you to tribunal pretty easily, if they're not then it'll take many to send you there.
Really I thought it was the same team who reported the most and the team who reports the most is the losing team.

IDk the reports I heard people say while in game have been false....but like I said for the most part it does ban people who deserve it.

All the people who report me must have low reputation or something...Is been a while since I been banned....Banning doesn't work on me, im sure on some people it does...Actually my dickery has stayed the same.
Old 2012-04-02, 07:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by Vash02 View Post
Why should SOE care about the lone douchebag paying TKer when he has driven off 5-6 other paying customers?

I'm thinking you should be banned already.
lol....If the griefing system works, he won't be able to TK people forever...He won't target the same people...I really doubt 5-6 people will go away because of that.

Most people don't tk...the game is gonna be mostly fair for everybody.

BTW Im gonna be in Beta!
Old 2012-04-02, 08:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
SKYeXile
Major General

Really I thought it was the same team who reported the most and the team who reports the most is the losing team.

IDk the reports I heard people say while in game have been false....but like I said for the most part it does ban people who deserve it.

All the people who report me must have low reputation or something...Is been a while since I been banned....Banning doesn't work on me, im sure on some people it does...Actually my dickery has stayed the same.
No you're correct, its saying that 76% of players reported are on the losing team and that 71% of players are getting reported by their own team.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion