E3 Expo - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: This Quote Cost Me $100
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-06-06, 11:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Re: E3 Expo

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
I'm keeping my fingers crossed but I don't have much hope either.
At this point I'm just waiting for SWTOR. I did some alpha/internal testing last year and it was fucking awesome for what it was. Beta's even better. It's no Planetside, but at least they're not being a porch pussy with the information.

Now THERE'S a company with great PR.
Old 2011-06-06, 11:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
At this point I'm just waiting for SWTOR. I did some alpha/internal testing last year and it was fucking awesome for what it was. Beta's even better. It's no Planetside, but at least they're not being a porch pussy with the information.

Now THERE'S a company with great PR.
Yeah, I'm turning my excitement back to SWTOR, the game that had me excited before Smed released that Vanguard pic forever ago. I still can't watch one of their cinematic trailers without having a towel nearby. Hopefully we get a release date announced for SWTOR at E3.
Old 2011-06-06, 11:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
Yeah, I'm turning my excitement back to SWTOR, the game that had me excited before Smed released that Vanguard pic forever ago. I still can't watch one of their cinematic trailers without having a towel nearby. Hopefully we get a release date announced for SWTOR at E3.
I worked on the PvP system. Like I said, it's not Planetside but it's [the game] pretty goddamned awesome. Have you seen the latest trailer? I climaxed in Sputty's mom's pants.
Old 2011-06-06, 11:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

Sony as a whole have a 5 hour slot tonight don't they?

Of course that's mainly going to be about the PS3 I presume.
Old 2011-06-06, 11:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
I worked on the PvP system. Like I said, it's not Planetside but it's [the game] pretty goddamned awesome. Have you seen the latest trailer? I climaxed in Sputty's mom's pants.
I don't think so. The last trailer I saw was that battle in the forest. All I could think when I watched it was "George Lucas sucks balls. Why weren't the prequels more like this?"

If there is a newer one, I can't wait til I get off work to see it because the trailers literally explode my feeble mortal brain.
Old 2011-06-06, 11:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by DviddLeff View Post
Sony as a whole have a 5 hour slot tonight don't they?

Of course that's mainly going to be about the PS3 I presume.
Sony, as a whole, has so much to talk about, from PS3 games, to the Playstation Phone, to addressing the hacking incident. I would be shocked if their little niche PC game that still doesn't have it's own website gets even a hint of a mention.
Old 2011-06-06, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

I don't think so. The last trailer I saw was that battle in the forest. All I could think when I watched it was "George Lucas sucks balls. Why weren't the prequels more like this?"

If there is a newer one, I can't wait til I get off work to see it because the trailers literally explode my feeble mortal brain.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-CTm...ature=youtu.be
Old 2011-06-06, 12:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Raymac
Brigadier General

Are you happy now? A ghost came by and squirted white gooey ectoplasm all over my desk.
Old 2011-06-06, 02:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Sony, as a whole, has so much to talk about, from PS3 games, to the Playstation Phone, to addressing the hacking incident. I would be shocked if their little niche PC game that still doesn't have it's own website gets even a hint of a mention.
That's just the thing. I just don't think there's much news to get your hopes up for to begin with.

What's worse, little PR until the game is fairly concrete or Nukem-style hyped-but-not-close-to-release-for-a-decade?

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2011-06-06, 02:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Hamma
PSU Admin

I wish I could get excited about the Star Wars MMO but I can't help but be pissed off at the MMO/WoW mechanics of how it all works.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-06-06, 03:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Are you happy now? A ghost came by and squirted white gooey ectoplasm all over my desk.
http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/return

Oops

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
I wish I could get excited about the Star Wars MMO but I can't help but be pissed off at the MMO/WoW mechanics of how it all works.
Not sure what else you can expect... there's either FPS or there's RPG button-mashing.
Old 2011-06-06, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Hamma
PSU Admin

Innovation of some sort, pressing 1-8 for my lightsaber attacks isn't really something that is appealing. Along with having tanks and healers And yea, we have had this conversations here like 100x how all games have those aspects I have just had enough of RPG's doing that crap because they are ALL the same in the end.

For me Star Wars has to feel Epic, and it can't feel Epic in a setting like an MMO imho anyway.

Sufficiently derailed. Need to take my own advice and stay on topic.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-06-06, 03:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Rbstr View Post
That's just the thing. I just don't think there's much news to get your hopes up for to begin with.

What's worse, little PR until the game is fairly concrete or Nukem-style hyped-but-not-close-to-release-for-a-decade?
Thats kind of the problem. They've led us to believe that we'd be getting more information soon. I mean we are way past March (which I know wasn't set in stone) but it's now 3 months later and I still only know as much as I knew in February. So if the game is not going to be released for years and years, we've already been jerked around like Duke Nukem.

And right now, I'd take "little PR" because for the last few months we've had zero PR. If only there was a big event where they could make an announcement soon...nah that would be too obvious.

@Firefly: Fuck you! I just cleaned up the mess from last time and I'm all out of towels.
Old 2011-06-06, 03:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

And right now, I'd take "little PR" because for the last few months we've had zero PR. If only there was a big event where they could make an announcement soon...nah that would be too obvious.
Hey. Planetside had eight years of no PR. What are you trying to say?
Old 2011-06-06, 04:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Aractain
Major

ahhbtwBF3looksawesomeyaknowwhatameanaaahhyeeahh
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion