TR air dominance getting out of hand (Connery) - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: More fun than a barrel of monkeys dumped in a shark tank.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-07-12, 07:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Whiteagle
Major

Re: TR air dominance getting out of hand (Connery)

Originally Posted by blashyrk View Post
... now TR G2A is still a bit OP (because of the powerful and broken Striker) and the rest is fine.
Ah yes, the Launcher that need to hit with SEVERAL rockets just to equal the damage of an Annihilator...
So OP it'z scary brah!

Originally Posted by Magnifiscent View Post
I see FAR more enemy planes killed by our air superiority guys than I do strikers or bursters, but that might be observational bias. I own a striker, but haven't gotten the kind of use out of it that NC and VS players seem to report, so I don't know what the disconnect is there. Maybe I'm not spending enough time in the right kind of situations to farm the air with it.
Originally Posted by TheAadvark View Post
Well on Waterson it's the complete opposite, DVS dominates the air not because anything of their's is OP just because they must have people more willing to follow orders. And they have amazing Lib pilots.
This is the real problem, now that Ground AA has been nerfed, the Air battle comes down to whoever can bring the most pilots to the table.

The Striker isn't Overpowered, because we'd see the TR have an outright Air advantage across every server if that were the case.

No, this is EXACTLY what I was trying to warn you Airchavs about; If Air does NOT have a sufficient Ground-based Counter it runs rampant all over the balance of the rest of the game!

The Striker is apparently buggy as hell and I'm willing to consider that this allows it to score some cheap kills, but it is not a game breaking issue.
Furthermore I doubt Lockdown BursterMAXes are tipping things that much in our favor period, considering they now cost MORE Resources than an ESF and have severely reduced defensive vectors when their ability is active.

Connery Air isn't ridiculous because of Terran Ground AA, it's because Connery TR have MORE PILOTS then everyone else!
Old 2013-07-12, 08:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
SolLeks
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Whiteagle View Post
Ah yes, the Launcher that need to hit with SEVERAL rockets just to equal the damage of an Annihilator...
So OP it'z scary brah!
Now how often do you NOT hit several rockets with the ani? It is eaither none or as many up to 5 depending on range.

This is the real problem, now that Ground AA has been nerfed, the Air battle comes down to whoever can bring the most pilots to the table.
Lol no, I have killed up to 3 enemy aircraft in a single dog fight (3v1) and I often kill one then try and find another. Numbers do not help after a cirten ammount, in fact, they can hinder.

The Striker isn't Overpowered, because we'd see the TR have an outright Air advantage across every server if that were the case.
I have flown through the last part of beta. The skygaurds then would kill you almost the second they saw you. The strykers are OP yes, but they are not 100% air clearingly OP

No, this is EXACTLY what I was trying to warn you Airchavs about; If Air does NOT have a sufficient Ground-based Counter it runs rampant all over the balance of the rest of the game!

The Striker is apparently buggy as hell and I'm willing to consider that this allows it to score some cheap kills, but it is not a game breaking issue.
Furthermore I doubt Lockdown BursterMAXes are tipping things that much in our favor period, considering they now cost MORE Resources than an ESF and have severely reduced defensive vectors when their ability is active.

Connery Air isn't ridiculous because of Terran Ground AA, it's because Connery TR have MORE PILOTS then everyone else!
And they have more pilots because their ground AA is better.

Your turn.
Old 2013-07-12, 09:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by SolLeks View Post
Now how often do you NOT hit several rockets with the ani? It is eaither none or as many up to 5 depending on range.
Uh, you end up not hitting with the Anni more between flares and terrain...

The only reason a Striker would strike better is because you can decide after the first rocket whether or not to continue with the rest.
Seriously, that's it's only real advantage; ammunition conservation!

Lol no, I have killed up to 3 enemy aircraft in a single dog fight (3v1) and I often kill one then try and find another. Numbers do not help after a cirten ammount, in fact, they can hinder.
Yes, and Snafu is an ace pilot even though he ends up flying into the debris of his own kills...

I don't care if YOU can ground an entire Air wing on YOUR OWN, it's whoever can KEEP the most birds in the air consistently that are going to win.
So when you log off for the day, how many fresh wings on your Faction are waiting to take up your slack?
My guess, NOT ENOUGH!

And they have more pilots because their ground AA is better.

Your turn.
Yeah, because last I bothered to check, the DVS horde WASN'T face rolling everything with two Reavers and a Lib...

Again, if Terran Ground to Air was advantageous, we wouldn't be getting our asses kicked every time the Smurf Swarm decides they want to farm...

Notice we've had at least THREE Connery TR Pilots pipe up in this thread, suggesting a disproportionately large ratio of Pilots on that server.
Old 2013-07-12, 11:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Snoggy
Private

Does a dalton count as G2A?
Old 2013-07-13, 12:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Obstruction View Post
world pop yeah, but all they do is stay on indar.
Because you sold your soul to China. And something even vaguely resembling leadership. Can't say I blame 'ya.
Old 2013-07-15, 02:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
SolLeks
Master Sergeant

Uh, you end up not hitting with the Anni more between flares and terrain...
I derped and meant to say striker there, not the anni.

I don't care if YOU can ground an entire Air wing on YOUR OWN, it's whoever can KEEP the most birds in the air consistently that are going to win.
So when you log off for the day, how many fresh wings on your Faction are waiting to take up your slack?
My guess, NOT ENOUGH!

Yeah, because last I bothered to check, the DVS horde WASN'T face rolling everything with two Reavers and a Lib...

Again, if Terran Ground to Air was advantageous, we wouldn't be getting our asses kicked every time the Smurf Swarm decides they want to farm...

Notice we've had at least THREE Connery TR Pilots pipe up in this thread, suggesting a disproportionately large ratio of Pilots on that server.
I never really questioned on the fact that TR have more pilots, my question to you is this though, Why does the TR have more pilots?

My awnser to above is a mixture between how the mossie is the best ESF at low flight experiance and that the TR have both more and stronger AA options (stryker + lockdown, though mainly stryker).

More TR carry strikers than NC and VS use the Annihilator. They don't have to choose between a good anti ground and good anti air as the stryker is good at both (its not as good vs ground, but that is how most lock ons are.) where the NC and VS have to choose between 3 options. Powerful AA, Powerful AV or weaker AA/AV.
Old 2013-07-15, 04:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Whiteagle
Major

I never really questioned on the fact that TR have more pilots, my question to you is this though, Why does the TR have more pilots?

My awnser to above is a mixture between how the mossie is the best ESF at low flight experiance and that the TR have both more and stronger AA options (stryker + lockdown, though mainly stryker).
But you are wrong, TR only have more Pilots on Connery.

On Waterson we have the DVS back in the Air, so you see the sky filled with Reavers and Blue Libs.

You are trying to make this a case of circular logic, where TR have more Air because their Ground AA forces others to have less, when the reality is Connery just had a larger number of TR Pilots to begin with and now that the game has been tilted too far in Air favor does this imbalance effect everyones overall game play.

I haven't gotten on in weeks, because the DVS has more than enough Air power to spare a Liberator with Reaver Support to ruin a push on the opposite side of the map against the VS!
Old 2013-07-16, 01:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
snafus
Sergeant Major

TR having the most pilots is a somewhat new concept for Connery. I have seen the pilot population swing back and forth between NC and TR due to the release of the ZOE and lock down maxes. That initial period when that update hit you saw NC pilot numbers simply plum it. As they went from being the largest air power to almost the smallest within a couple weeks. Due to NC not really getting any substantial AA buff from the max update.

Now AA was not the only thing driving players away from the game. As many I spoke to were simply bored or upset about lack of direction in the game. But AA's OP situation only made it worse by not allowing lower skilled pilots to be even remotely successful in any medium or larger sized fight.

Now the NC are dealing with a lack of dedicated pilots since so many left already, or are simply not playing as much as they used to. You add that on top of the TR building up dedicated air wings designed to engage the old NC heavy air wings. And the current state of the broken Stryker and other lock on mechanics and you have one bad hand for the NC.

But also notice I didn't mention the VS. Though they still have to deal with the stryker and its incredibly buggy nature. They did not suffer so badly during the max update scandal. Pre merge VS were vastly underpopulated on Connery but still had a very high ratio of pilots up compared to their pop. Though they did not always out number TR or NC they still had a significant presence on most large fights. And now with post merge conditions VS can even out zerg TR when it comes to air power.Though VS may lack highly organized air wings they still can put up the numbers to make a difference. Not to mention they have plenty of Aces on their side of the fence to make a large impact in fights to.

From what I have seen is most servers are very different from each other. Even higby stated that it is almost an entirely different game when comparing one server to another. Currently TR have air supremacy for most fights on Connery. That is achieved because of the factors I already stated. But it isn't purely due to any one factor either. The stryker is broken, as any person who has gone against it can agree with. What isn't broken is VS or NC capabilities to still fly effectively with the Stryker on the field.

Currently Datablue is trying to build an air wing to counter what we have accomplished within the TTA air wing. And what he could create is the best answer for NC pilots to rally behind. And that is a dedicated and highly effective air wing which sole purpose is controlling any and all air space on the map. TTA had to form an air wing to deal with the 666 reaver swarm they would send at us. And now it is time for the NC and VS to counter us the same way.

You cannot blame everything on a broken weapon system for killing air presence. Though it very much is a factor there are many ways to work around them and still be effective as an air wing. You need to get your aces to work together and start building an organized air presence. Once you have that foundation you will find ways to stay relevant in any fight irregardless of AA presence. And that annoying air zerg will start looking more like free certs then a threat to your faction.

Old 2013-07-16, 02:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
SolLeks
Master Sergeant

Ok, I see what yall are talking about. I will start putting together the ARA air wing soon.

Datablue is in one of the ARA outfits, so it should not be hard to coordinate.
Old 2013-07-16, 05:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
snafus
Sergeant Major

Ok, I see what yall are talking about. I will start putting together the ARA air wing soon.

Datablue is in one of the ARA outfits, so it should not be hard to coordinate.
Nope, I doubt it would be to much of an issue for you guys. I know he is looking for more pilots lately and I'm sure he would love the addition.

Old 2013-07-17, 12:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
Shortwave
Private

The TTA air wing has recently seen a streak of success thanks to Snafu and Warbirdtd taking a two day meditation retreat to India.

Warbirdtd is our resident Meditation and Yoga expert, and was able to help Snafu achieve enlightenment. Two days later, this thread is created.

Thank you Warbirdtd for all your hard work.

We in the TTA, escpecially in MERCS believe that regardless of L2P, game mechanics, or hacks, nothing beats a solid mind focused and honed like a sharp knife by group meditation on TeamSpeak 10 minutes before a fight.

Last edited by Shortwave; 2013-07-17 at 12:27 AM.
Old 2013-07-17, 05:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
Roxputin
Private

Misc Info

Originally Posted by EvilNinjadude View Post
Says the guy who flies Scythes. Haha, nope.
I spend a considerable amount of time gunning Liberators and Noxous' statement is bang on. I would much rather have a reaver on my tail than a mossie any day. I cannot speak about the hitbox of the scythe as I am primarily VS atm.
Old 2013-07-17, 09:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant

Ummm... ya. And that's all we have is air superiority. Right now we are kind of getting bf'ed hard. Let us have something at least. lol
Old 2013-07-17, 06:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
StraitDumpinSMF
Private

Lock ons rustle my jimmies more than they actually kill me. The only air wing that ever scared me on Connery was 26sp. Connery is Briggs now bra, make some lemonade and work with it. AKA farm NC.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion