*** PlanetSide 2 Ultimate Beta FAQ *** - Page 43 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: So, does this "Planetside" have chicks?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-24, 02:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #631
VOWS Flawless
Private

Re: *** PlanetSide 2 Ultimate Beta FAQ ***

Sometimes being patient sucks. At least i stopped checking my email every few hours like i was doing up until a couple days ago.

Old 2012-06-24, 03:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #632
Broadside
Sergeant

I probably missed this somewhere in the last 40 pages, but how much sooner do PS1 vets get in than the rest of us? Are we talking a week? A month?
Old 2012-06-24, 04:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #633
Toppopia
Major

Originally Posted by Broadside View Post
I probably missed this somewhere in the last 40 pages, but how much sooner do PS1 vets get in than the rest of us? Are we talking a week? A month?
Only 1-2 weeks earlier, because apparently, closed beta will last 3-4 weeks then open beta will start after that, so only about 1 week ahead of everyone else. Thats unless the devs work in Valve Time.
Old 2012-06-24, 04:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #634
Exodan
Corporal

I'm curious as to how SOE is going to make any kind of profit from this game being F2P. The only thing players can pay for are skins for their character and vehicles from the sounds of it and only a minority of people are likely to do that. Given its 5 year development and high production costs I'd have thought Sony would have made this a subscription based game otherwise they're surely making a loss.
Old 2012-06-24, 04:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #635
Fab
Sergeant

I'm curious as to how SOE is going to make any kind of profit from this game being F2P.
a premium system was mentionned in the interview of matt higby by totalbiscuit. I think a lot of players are ready to pay 10$ per mounth to gain xp faster.
Old 2012-06-24, 05:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #636
Exodan
Corporal

but they've also stated that the premium content wont make the game pay to win and make certain players more powerful so how does XP and paying to boost it play a role in this?
Old 2012-06-24, 05:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #637
bjorntju1
Captain

You get more XP and resources so you can get stuff earlier.
Old 2012-06-24, 07:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #638
Hrongar
Private

If people like the game enough they'll spend money on it eventually.

I personally plan to buy some stuff A: to level up more quickly once I've gotten the hang of the game. B: to support the game. C: there is bound to be some stuff that I'll feel "aaaaaw yeah" about.
Old 2012-06-24, 08:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #639
Poser
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hrongar View Post
If people like the game enough they'll spend money on it eventually.

I personally plan to buy some stuff A: to level up more quickly once I've gotten the hang of the game. B: to support the game. C: there is bound to be some stuff that I'll feel "aaaaaw yeah" about.
I think the idea is to get people to spend less money more often.
Old 2012-06-24, 09:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #640
Kriegson
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Poser View Post
I think the idea is to get people to spend less money more often.
^ this

People usually aren't too stingy about purchasing items for around 2.50 or so, even if they have to buy $5 in the game's currency to do it. Others will buy in bulk simply for the savings, and thus end up spending a decent chunk of money, but feeling good about the value of their purchases.

As opposed to say...APB:R, in which a lot of advertised items are $50 or more and most aren't willing to shell out the full price of a game for an item within a game, or don't feel like they really got a valuable purchase.
Old 2012-06-24, 09:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #641
Phellix
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Exodan View Post
I'm curious as to how SOE is going to make any kind of profit from this game being F2P. The only thing players can pay for are skins for their character and vehicles from the sounds of it and only a minority of people are likely to do that. Given its 5 year development and high production costs I'd have thought Sony would have made this a subscription based game otherwise they're surely making a loss.
There's already a long discussion in another thread about this, multiple if i'm not mistaken.
Old 2012-06-24, 10:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #642
Poser
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Phellix View Post
There's already a long discussion in another thread about this, multiple if i'm not mistaken.
So, it isn't like there is anything else to talk about.
Old 2012-06-24, 02:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #643
MrKWalmsley
First Sergeant

Well here's something to warm your cockles!

On twitter, a JAHBailey asked:
"Is there any idea when the beta will go live other than soon? A matter of days, weeks or months? The excitement is killing me."
In response, Nova said this:
"The New Conglomerate and Terran Republic should cherish their remaining days."

I know you may think that this is over-thinking it but perhaps he said days for a reason. Usually when someone asks about beta the devs either ignore it (don't blame em) or tell them that it is coming soon and to expect an email when it does. But on this occasion it seems to be suggestive that there are only days left, so hopefully it will be here within 6 days if not much sooner!

But I know for certain I won't be invited to the first few batches, so I'm happy for you guys!

Last edited by MrKWalmsley; 2012-06-24 at 02:42 PM.
Old 2012-06-24, 02:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #644
bjorntju1
Captain

:O

Would be awesome if it started next week! But I must don't get TOO excited, who knows if I get in the first batch or not :P But since Smed has something to announce next week, it must be this.

Last edited by bjorntju1; 2012-06-24 at 02:53 PM.
Old 2012-06-24, 02:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #645
Biohazard
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by bjorntju1 View Post
:O

Would be awesome if it started next week! But I must don't get TOO excited, who knows if I get in the first batch or not :P But since Smed has something to announce next week, it must be this.
You clearly mean this week
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion