Planetside 2 Needs Prone - Page 44 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Telling it like it is.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you want Prone in PS2?
Yes 152 31.21%
No 312 64.07%
Other (Explain) 23 4.72%
Voters: 487. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-10, 09:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #646
Khrusky
Staff Sergeant

Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
... lack of prone never did anything to keep me moving ...
This cannot be restated enough.

Drake Flight is a new EU TR Air Assault Outfit. PM me if you're interested in signing up.
Old 2012-06-10, 09:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #647
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by ThermalReaper View Post
Will this thread ever die? Just leave it till the beta. And I still don't support prone.
why you want the tread to die ? people are here to discuss if you dont want to be part of the disccusion no one force anyones to look at it bro

if anyones have something to say it their rigth no need for a tread to die if people still want to discuss about it

i dont get the point
Old 2012-06-10, 10:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #648
ThermalReaper
First Sergeant

I don't get the point of prone. I just don't. What in the stream made people hate the fact that there isn't any prone? Because other games have it? I just want to know why prone is a topic that spawned a thread with a huge lifespan before the beta even began. I saw most of the stream(other than day 2 because I missed it) and prone never came into my head.
Old 2012-06-10, 10:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #649
Khrusky
Staff Sergeant

I don't get the point of prone. I just don't. What in the stream made people hate the fact that there isn't any prone? Because other games have it? I just want to know why prone is a topic that spawned a thread with a huge lifespan before the beta even began. I saw most of the stream(other than day 2 because I missed it) and prone never came into my head.
Maybe you should read this thread then. Despairing that you don't understand other people's point of view, and then refusing to read the easily available pages of information explaining their point of view, is utterly ridiculous.

Drake Flight is a new EU TR Air Assault Outfit. PM me if you're interested in signing up.
Old 2012-06-10, 10:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #650
Stew
Major

No you dont get the point some people want prone due to the utility of it and most of us arent camper at all just go on my youtube chanel and youll see thats iam a rusher a team player and anything but a camper no lol

I dont think anyones who want prones are campers or people who acutally want to camp

Camping is all about people mentality and this (( noobs but human reflex )) to sit back more and more as long as you get own

iam a experienced gamer and a competitive one so i will always keep rushing because i know thats if a sit in my spawn i will be trap like a rats

Prone is pretty usefull to rush and moove foward whiout dying rush kill 1 2 guys prone quick behind a cover Reload stand up run kill 1 2 switch to pistol 3 crouch behind a rock or prone reload both weapons crawl near a baricade .. stand up run fast cross a street kill 1 2 guys use the hillside as a cover prone be aware of where your getting shoot at stand up kill 1 2 this is the wway it work

this is the way prone is use for most of us

No prone make some frustrating situation especially while you need to reload and when you get shoot when their is vertical combat a little roadblock can save your life if prone is In if not your dead if you get shot froma top diagonal

Campers prone or no prone will not atack will not rush will only use infitrator go cloack on top of the hill ans snipe from distance prone or not they will do it a matter of personality not game mechanics
Old 2012-06-10, 10:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #651
Stardouser
Colonel

Why do you keep talking about the stream? This topic has been going on since before that. Plenty of other games have it and a lot don't have it. It's about freedom of movement, the ability to take cover, etc, without being arbitrarily forced to provide a full height silhouette at all times.

In fact, so many people are going off about camping that it's difficult to actually discuss prone; the only viewpoints that have anything to do with prone are really dolphin diving and snipers being hard to see. Prone, though it has far less to do with camping and slow gameplay than other things, provides a good place to argue the camping issue by proxy, that's why the thread is still going.

Last edited by Stardouser; 2012-06-10 at 10:14 AM.
Old 2012-06-10, 10:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #652
Cuross
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
why you want the tread to die ? people are here to discuss if you dont want to be part of the disccusion no one force anyones to look at it bro

if anyones have something to say it their rigth no need for a tread to die if people still want to discuss about it

i dont get the point
The reason why I personally think this thread needs to be closed is because there's been 44 pages of "discussion" up to now. Plus, this is a poll and I think the numbers are pretty solid where everyone's votes lie. Also, this topic has been beaten to death by virtually everyone with an opinion. Given that now we're just hearing the same things with different words and various other insults and less-than-helpful remarks, I think that discussion time is over... But that's just me. Everyone just needs a brief recess, let their nerves calm down and realize that they're arguing on the internet, which we all know is pretty pointless :P
Old 2012-06-10, 10:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #653
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
Why do you keep talking about the stream? This topic has been going on since before that. Plenty of other games have it and a lot don't have it. It's about freedom of movement, the ability to take cover, etc, without being arbitrarily forced to provide a full height silhouette at all times.

In fact, so many people are going off about camping that it's difficult to actually discuss prone; the only viewpoints that have anything to do with prone are really dolphin diving and snipers being hard to see. Prone, though it has far less to do with camping and slow gameplay than other things, provides a good place to argue the camping issue by proxy, that's why the thread is still going.
can you have more stream than HALO games ? is halo game have prone ? NO
Old 2012-06-10, 10:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #654
Ieyasu
Staff Sergeant

the real question after 40+ pages of back and forth is, how many people who voted one way or another have changed their stance after reading the opinions of others shared in this thread?
Old 2012-06-10, 10:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #655
fishirboy
Staff Sergeant

OK LETS DO THIS!!!

First off it is good for hiding and using as a better cover system, looking at BF3 snipers aren't that big of a problem and because of how big the map is I really don't think that having or not is going to stop them. You guys out there that say camping is for noobs, or there stupid is wrong, camping is a possibly option that should be encourage things that should be stopped are hacks and bugs in game that is what people should be focused on. The forums here are for people to give there own opinion and for you to say that it should stop is not right, just because you hate it does not mean that every one else does. It's like saying the government hates free speech so there just going to take it out. Camping in doors is easy to get rid of, if there pron just chuck a grenade in there. Also just simply not allowing cloak well prone is just fine. In other words, if anything that is going to be added into the game it needs to have the main thing, balance. No balance and every one hates it.
Old 2012-06-10, 10:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #656
Khrusky
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Ieyasu View Post
the real question after 40+ pages of back and forth is, how many people who voted one way or another have changed their stance after reading the opinions of others shared in this thread?
An excellent point.

Old 2012-06-10, 10:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #657
McBane
Private

From my experiences in other games with prone support (Arma 1 and 2, Battlefield series) this feature helps to make enemy encounters much more tactical. And I didn't notice at all that it entices people to camp. So I am absolutely for prone support to allow PS2's gameplay to be as diverse and flexible as possible.
Old 2012-06-10, 10:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #658
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by Cuross View Post
The reason why I personally think this thread needs to be closed is because there's been 44 pages of "discussion" up to now. Plus, this is a poll and I think the numbers are pretty solid where everyone's votes lie. Also, this topic has been beaten to death by virtually everyone with an opinion. Given that now we're just hearing the same things with different words and various other insults and less-than-helpful remarks, I think that discussion time is over... But that's just me. Everyone just needs a brief recess, let their nerves calm down and realize that they're arguing on the internet, which we all know is pretty pointless :P
this subject should be discuss in the respect but respect mean wanting to undestand the very subject

and the people agains it keep saying prone encourage camping

but when they got legions of exemples of games thats do not suport prone but still have many campers so its suposed to be clear thats prone a game mechanics isnt reponsable for the players attitude campers are campers

and if people respect each others thats mean to not insult and call name on people this tread and goe on and on if nessesary and if new people come in they should like to discuss about it as well their is no need to get in a tread if you have no interest in it
Old 2012-06-10, 10:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #659
fishirboy
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Khrusky View Post
An excellent point.
dito
Old 2012-06-10, 10:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #660
Algo
Corporal

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
just go on my youtube chanel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...4OgHdL0#t=680s

I watched it... shoot, belly flop, reload, pop up, rinse repat. If in trouble, hump medpack

Seriously, let the other guys argument your case, its better.

edit: also by the looks of it you're sitting next to a spawn.

Last edited by Algo; 2012-06-10 at 10:25 AM.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion