News: TotalBiscuit Liberator Video - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: You aren't seeing double. PSU: You aren't seeing double.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-23, 12:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
JPalmer
Master Sergeant

Re: More TB goodness

Originally Posted by onwee View Post
I agree. If they get too outrageous with the customization it will kill the game for me. I want to play serious combat, not run around hitting people with dildos and applying completely unrealistic combat patterns.

Tone it down, SOE, BRIGHT patterns are a step in the wrong direction.
Slippery slope bro. Slippery slope.

Camo patterns and wind shield decals does not mean the game will turn into physical representation of 4Chan.
Old 2012-05-23, 12:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
ArmedZealot
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
Hey now. I may not be the biggest fan of Zebra camo, but I don't want to hear anyone bashing the mighty Vanu purple dildo of power. T'is a holy relic and it must be included in the cash shop.
That's it. Playing Vanu.
Old 2012-05-23, 12:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
onwee
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
I'm sorry. You did play Planetside 1 right? I tend to remember plenty of bright reds, blues, purples, yellows, teals, and not so much grays, greens, and browns.
The colors are irrelevant and so is planetside 1. If the white was toned down to a grey it would actually be somewhat realistic. You can use any color if it's done right (for example, VS are purple and look great--but they still suck).

Having a bright zebra ship with hearts all over it is overkill.

Last edited by onwee; 2012-05-23 at 12:56 PM.
Old 2012-05-23, 12:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
JPalmer
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by LostAlgorithm View Post
I find it funny that TB is making fun of other's complaints about games. While I appreciate his effort to bring some attention to Planetside 2, and enjoy a lot of his stuff, there isn't a bigger whinger out there than TB when it comes to gaming.
Well he is right and really isn't making fun of anyone. It is a simple fact that videogames are meant to be somewhat fun and it is not like one camo and one decal will ruin this game for all serious players.
Old 2012-05-23, 12:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Immigrant
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
I'm not bothered by the bling, but I draw the line at silly hats. Paint jobs ok, different armor fine, but I don't want to see any top hats or cardboard robot suits or garbage like that.
Word. Tbh I kinda expected even crazier decals than that. Anyway Lib looks awesome.
Old 2012-05-23, 12:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
JPalmer
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by onwee View Post

Having a bright zebra ship with hearts all over it is overkill.
There were not hearts all over the ship. And I highly doubt that they would add a skin like that. It seems they are limiting skins to full colors and metals(Like gold and silver), and camos(Like zebra and desert).
Old 2012-05-23, 12:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Xyntech
Brigadier General

I'm not bothered by the bling, but I draw the line at silly hats. Paint jobs ok, different armor fine, but I don't want to see any top hats or cardboard robot suits or garbage like that.
Absolutely this. I am actually far more concerned about infantry cosmetics than vehicle cosmetics, although so far the devs haven't given me a ton of reasons that I feel I should be overly concerned.

If I see one goofy hat (outside of some sort of christmas/halloween type of event), I'm going to be very pissed. But that doesn't seem even remotely the direction they are taking.

A little silly with the hearts? Yes, but it's pretty subtle considering. Honestly, 99% of players who were around that thing probably wouldn't even see those hearts, aside from possibly in a kill cam.

On thing about the extensive cosmetic options they are clearly going for is that this seems like a guarantee that I'll be able to have my orange tinted visor back on my VS light armor.

Last edited by Xyntech; 2012-05-23 at 01:02 PM.
Old 2012-05-23, 01:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
TotalBiscuit
Cynical Brit

Originally Posted by LostAlgorithm View Post
I find it funny that TB is making fun of other's complaints about games. While I appreciate his effort to bring some attention to Planetside 2, and enjoy a lot of his stuff, there isn't a bigger whinger out there than TB when it comes to gaming.
Oh look, someone else who doesn't understand the difference between constructive criticism and "whinging".

I like to call it, getting shit done.
Old 2012-05-23, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
RSphil
Contributor
Major

Re: TotalBiscuit Liberator Video

well aircraft have and do use that pattern across the globe. looks cool. cant wait to see what else you can do to the vehicles. TB needs to learn how to fly though lol.

game looks awesome. i drool every time a new vid comes out or a new pic
Old 2012-05-23, 01:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

I'm not bothered by the bling, but I draw the line at silly hats.
Old 2012-05-23, 01:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by TotalBiscuit View Post
Oh look, someone else who doesn't understand the difference between constructive criticism and "whinging".

Cool video. You present your subjects well (suicidal piloting aside )

I assume you will be releasing any further footage in topical videos such as this one. How many more of these videos would you guess you will make? I feel like we are learning a lot about the game with every new video.

Thanks.
Old 2012-05-23, 01:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
CuddleMeLoki
Private

Originally Posted by TotalBiscuit View Post

Has youtube fixed itself yet?
Can we expect anymore videos while you are away?

Dont yell at me
Old 2012-05-23, 01:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
LostAlgorithm
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by JPalmer View Post
Well he is right and really isn't making fun of anyone. It is a simple fact that videogames are meant to be somewhat fun and it is not like one camo and one decal will ruin this game for all serious players.
The point is that the idea of fun varies from person to person, and just because someone prefers games that are more serious does not mean their priorities or opinions are misplaced or inferior. That inferiority of opinion is what TB was implying.

Hey there, TB!

Constructive criticism? From what I've seen in the past you're better at giving it than taking it.

I have a lot of respect for you and what you've done in you career, but you're still just your average gamer and I don't think there's anything wrong with that. You of all people saying "Videogames: Serious Business" to someone is practically the definition of the pot calling the kettle black though.

Last edited by LostAlgorithm; 2012-05-23 at 01:20 PM.
Old 2012-05-23, 01:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
The Janitor
Sergeant

Re: TotalBiscuit Liberator Video

Oh... oh my God... I needed a change of pants when I heard the engine roar... This is going to be incredible...
Old 2012-05-23, 01:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
onwee
Sergeant

Originally Posted by JPalmer View Post
There were not hearts all over the ship. And I highly doubt that they would add a skin like that. It seems they are limiting skins to full colors and metals(Like gold and silver), and camos(Like zebra and desert).
Correct, there were hearts on the windshield though. To me, that means I hope this is a placeholder and not a step toward secondlife or saints row or whatever in order to profit. To me, that's not part of the identity of planetside.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion