[Survey] Should the Playstation 4 version of PS2 support keyboard and mouse? - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Don't Touch The Button
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-07-15, 09:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
wasdie
Second Lieutenant

Re: [Survey] Should the Playstation 4 version of PS2 support keyboard and mouse?

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
Would I sit on a couch and use my powerhouse desktop tied into a 69 in TV... fuck yeah.
I have that exact setup right now, only a 40 inch TV because my living room isn't huge. I connected a 50 foot HDMI cable to my PC and I have a wireless mouse and keyboard. I can easily swap to my living room to play games whenever. It's not as cool as you would think.

The controls are straight up awkward. I have to turn down the FoV because im much further away from the screen. I also have to hunch over a table just so I can sit upright and be more alert. Reading text is a pain and PC exclusive games that were never built with a console in mind are just difficult too play.

I thought it would be awesome but it ended up being a novelty. I will take sitting at my desk over fighting my living room for comfort as I squint at the screen trying to see what's going on with games that were designed to be less than 3 feet away from your face.
Old 2013-07-15, 10:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
PredatorFour
Major

Re: [Survey] Should the Playstation 4 version of PS2 support keyboard and mouse?

Originally Posted by wasdie View Post
I say no because of demographics. 99% of people on the consoles will play with a controller despite the option. This gives that 1% of people who want to set themselves up a setup that uses a mouse and keyboard (it's a bit more difficult than just putting a keyboard in your lap and your mouse on an endtable) a straight up advantage.

When you consider the more casual nature of F2P gamers and console gamers, that small percentage of hardcore guys who want to play competitively could really upset the balance.

Don't mean sound like a dick here, but do you really think 1% will upset the balance against 99%. It's a drop in the ocean.
Old 2013-07-15, 11:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
Maidere
Sergeant

Originally Posted by PredatorFour View Post
Don't mean sound like a dick here, but do you really think 1% will upset the balance against 99%. It's a drop in the ocean.
People will go nuts and suspect the K+M user in every single person that will kill them.
Old 2013-07-15, 11:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
Obstruction
First Sergeant

you guys are acting like it won't have USB plugs like every playstaytion since playstation 2. i really don't get some of these threads. i mean USB mouse support is like the most primitive piece of basic software in the universe. it's existed since before most of you were born.

lol. some of these threads i swear.
Old 2013-07-15, 11:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
Calista
Second Lieutenant

I say no because of demographics. 99% of people on the consoles will play with a controller despite the option. This gives that 1% of people who want to set themselves up a setup that uses a mouse and keyboard (it's a bit more difficult than just putting a keyboard in your lap and your mouse on an endtable) a straight up advantage.

When you consider the more casual nature of F2P gamers and console gamers, that small percentage of hardcore guys who want to play competitively could really upset the balance.

Too keep it fair I say they just should have a controller and not support keyboard and mouse. Just because it's optional doesn't make it fair. People don't buy consoles so they have to plug in a keyboard and mouse and hunch over some sort of a desk or table just to play and have fun.

If you really want to play Planetside 2 with a keyboard and mouse, you should take that money you would buy a PS4 with and invest into a PC.
Well said and I agree 100%.
Old 2013-07-15, 12:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
PredatorFour
Major

Originally Posted by Maidere View Post
People will go nuts and suspect the K+M user in every single person that will kill them.
You can tell if someones using a keyboard and mouse by their strafe (a,d,a,d) it's obvious. You see it in Dust. It doesn't make any difference getting killed by them because you kill them with a pad if you see them first.

..and Obstruction said something wise that alot of people should read in this thread.
Old 2013-07-15, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Calista
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Obstruction View Post
you guys are acting like it won't have USB plugs like every playstaytion since playstation 2. i really don't get some of these threads. i mean USB mouse support is like the most primitive piece of basic software in the universe. it's existed since before most of you were born.

It's not that the system supports it, it is if the game supports it. You are correct certainly but why have no games been programmed to take advantage of them? Because of what Wasdie said and it needs to stay that way.
Old 2013-07-15, 01:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
wasdie
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Obstruction View Post

The software has to actually read and translate the input devices.

This isn't if they *can* have mouse and keyboard support, they obviously can, it's if they should have the support while you're playing games.

When you break it down it's a straight up advantage over people playing with controllers which we can logically assume will be 99% of the population given the context of a game console.
Old 2013-07-16, 01:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
Memeotis
Staff Sergeant

Too keep it fair I say they just should have a controller and not support keyboard and mouse. Just because it's optional doesn't make it fair. People don't buy consoles so they have to plug in a keyboard and mouse and hunch over some sort of a desk or table just to play and have fun.

If you really want to play Planetside 2 with a keyboard and mouse, you should take that money you would buy a PS4 with and invest into a PC.
Exactly. There are a lot of players who are serious console gamers, who play to win, but also have very good reasons to want to play with a gamepad. If you add KBM support to all PS2 servers on the PS4, then many will choose to overlook the game, because they want to win, but they also want to play with a gamepad without being at a disadvantage.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion