Planetside Nostalgia: First Outfits - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Makes me all wet inside
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2012-07-18, 04:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Thunderhawk
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Re: Planetside Nostalgia: First Outfits

Originally Posted by SuperMorto View Post
Haha a video I made when I was in ISK.

ISK Unrealtournament 2004 RAZWORLDPRODUCTIONS - YouTube

I couldnt find that original video as it said you took it down, but found it elsewhere !!!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...07734874626115

What I am particularly fond of is from 7mins onwards.........
Old 2011-12-01, 10:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Brigadier General

Misc Info

My first outfit was some random one I joined the day I purchased the game in June 2003. Coming from games like StarCraft and Soldier of Fortune 2, I didn't have experience with a built-in clan/guild/outfit system so I accepted the first invite I got without understanding what it entailed. I left that outfit soon.

Soon thereafter, I became a founding member of the TR SPECIAL FORCES on Emerald. To this day, that period of time was the most enjoyable for me in PS. Unfortunately, the outfit was always s{height}mall and died out when many of the players left for Final Fantasy XI.

Old 2011-12-02, 07:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
ShockFC
Master Sergeant

SOL Navy-k: First outfit on Koriend --> Emerald on TR. Was outfit leader for 2 months. Massive nostalgia on this one, <3 all SOL Navy guys.

Future Crew: Switched to VS Markov in Jan 05, joined Future Crew Feb 05, became outfit leader June 06, haven't looked back.

Other outfit associations:

The Overlords - been in and out for 5 years
The Balance - AC/FC altfit on VS
aeroPhalanx - DT/FC experiment that went wrong
Liberty Reborn - 1 month
Old 2011-12-04, 12:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Bojaxs
Private

I never really stuck with one outfit for long. One outfit I remember joining took the game VERY seriously. They were a medium sized outfit that focused on going behind enemy lines and destroying gens and then camping out in the basement waiting for the opposing faction to come repair their gen. We would hold the basement until the zerg rush came and took over the base and then we would speed ahead of the zerg rush and do the same thing at another enemy base.

I remember that when ever we were camped out in the basement everyone had to be in a certain spot and if you weren't in your spot they would yell at you and cuss you out on team speak.

Anyways I got tired of this and spent the rest of the game squading up my 2 brothers and we would just tag along in zerg rushes, etc.

Last edited by Bojaxs; 2011-12-04 at 12:52 PM.
Old 2011-12-06, 10:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
IronMole
Sergeant Major

Soul Reapers from '03 - '11
Unleashed '11 and current, although SR is still my home.
Old 2011-12-06, 11:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
OneStepAhed
Private

TR - BRTD since first few days after release
NC - EZ Company and more recently If Carlsberg did Outfits (old werner altfit on gemini)
VS - FAnG for a few months around outfit wars but had to leave cos i wouldnt commit to playin VS only =(
Old 2011-12-06, 02:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
GuvNuh
Corporal

TR all the Way.

Started out in Terran Death Company, stayed with them a year and got heavily addicted to tank driving. When they broke up and Salous formed the Cohort, i went my own way and jumped around for awhile. Spent time with Dark Skyes, Shadow Assassins, and Black Ravens. DS and SA got quite a few good people in them, but ended up sticking with Zero and the Black Ravens, mainly because I really enjoy playing with them and Zero is a sneaky bastard who knows how to make a good tactical decision. Yar, still really enjoy playing with the SA/DS crew when i catch them on, but Zero's sneaky bastards and the Ravens be me home now.
Old 2011-12-07, 11:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by GuvNuh View Post
TR all the Way.

Started out in Terran Death Company, stayed with them a year and got heavily addicted to tank driving. When they broke up and Salous formed the Cohort, i went my own way and jumped around for awhile. Spent time with Dark Skyes, Shadow Assassins, and Black Ravens. DS and SA got quite a few good people in them, but ended up sticking with Zero and the Black Ravens, mainly because I really enjoy playing with them and Zero is a sneaky bastard who knows how to make a good tactical decision. Yar, still really enjoy playing with the SA/DS crew when i catch them on, but Zero's sneaky bastards and the Ravens be me home now.
Just say the name Chainfall in his presence and he will go nuts.

Old 2011-12-08, 07:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
CrazyIvan
Private

I was apart of Terran Death Company for the entire time I played Planetside, unfortunately things started breaking up and I stopped playing for quite awhile. I've always preferred Terran though. Guv you might remember me or my good friend MarkHit who got me into Planetside.
Old 2011-12-08, 11:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
DaSwede
Contributor
Corporal

Sardukar together with Sal and WarPath , no longer around.
Had a blast playing with those guys and doing spec ops and raining on NC and VS parade
Old 2011-12-08, 10:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Never belonged to an outfit. The good ones would pick *you*, and the rest didn't seem to last longer than three weeks. I mostly just followed whatever my favorite commander told us zerglings to do -- and on TR Markov, we had some good once. Ahmad Shah Massod was one, I recall, and..... ARGGGHHH, can't remember, but he was openly gay and his signature motto was ROCK WITH YER CAWK OUT! HE'd draw big cartoony roosters on the campaign map, with big arrows explaining what he wanted you to do.... and as cheerleader/organizers with big megaphones go, he was a goddam genius. And I can't remember his name. Someone help me.
Old 2011-12-11, 01:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
BuzzCutPsycho
Sergeant Major

The Enclave.

Still alive and well. Playing BF3 & (Unofficially) TOR - Will be playing PS2 on TR.
Old 2011-12-11, 04:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Jader
Private

Originally Posted by BuzzCutPsycho View Post
The Enclave.

21-Back In The Day.wmv - YouTube

Still alive and well. Playing BF3 & (Unofficially) TOR - Will be playing PS2 on TR.
Agreed, the NC days were the height of our power and dominance in Planetside.
Old 2011-12-26, 07:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Dragon4ly
Contributor
Private

Strategic fun times being part of Anarchy 99 since launch on Emerald TR, and bloodsoaking the battlefields TR red.
Old 2011-12-26, 08:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Johari
Staff Sergeant

VS - Johari(later merged to Markov)

First outfit was Vanu Elite Forces. Members broke off from there to form the core of the outfit that I'm still in today.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion