Technical Test "in a few days" - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Don't Lash me, Bro.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-03, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
SystematicKillr
Private

Re: Technical Test "in a few days"

I think this twitter message by Smed sums up if there will be external players in the Tech test:

https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/220262606802391041
Old 2012-07-03, 04:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
fvdham
Staff Sergeant

There is no point in a hardware survey.
You can see hardware stats of gamers on the Steam website.
Old 2012-07-03, 04:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
OnexBigxHebrew
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by infected View Post
not really. i just dislike social media. long before the corporate world jumped on the bandwagon and started milking it for likes and follows. now social media is even more of a joke because of this ridiculous practice.

i mean i dislike TV as well because of the 30% commercials. who doesn't? so we moved to the internet to watch tv. hulu anyone? hulu used to have very few commercial interruptions, very short. but then what happened? it got too popular (just like facebook) the advertisers got wise and followed us to the internet. now hulu is also at the 30% commercials. so? now i torrent my tv shows. and no, that doesn't make me a pirate because i want to watch my shows w/o commercial interruption. i still pay for cable tv, and i never buy crap they advertise on tv anyway, never have. never will...
Way to stick it to the man
Old 2012-07-03, 04:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by fvdham View Post
There is no point in a hardware survey.
You can see hardware stats of gamers on the Steam website.
They want to know your hardware. Not a breakdown of everyones in steam...
Old 2012-07-03, 04:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Aurmanite
Captain

i never buy crap they advertise on tv anyway, never have. never will...
So, you don't buy food or toilet paper?

I was going to joke about how you were a smelly, hungry man... but no input means no output. If you know what I'm sayin.
Old 2012-07-03, 04:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Otleaz
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Aurmanite View Post

I was going to joke about how you were a smelly, hungry man... but no input means no output. If you know what I'm sayin.
He buys off-brand.
Old 2012-07-03, 04:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
infected
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Aurmanite View Post

point being i do not need to be interrupted with advertisements daily to be reminded of what brands of products i should be buying.

do you turn on your tv to learn what tp or food you should be buying? or can you make up your own mind?!
Old 2012-07-03, 05:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
ringring
Contributor
General

Well, dear devs.

If you're going to invite me into your tech test email me the link now. I'll start downloading it straighaway and by the time you're ready it might have finished.

ty
Old 2012-07-03, 05:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
Broadside
Sergeant

not really. i just dislike social media. long before the corporate world jumped on the bandwagon and started milking it for likes and follows. now social media is even more of a joke because of this ridiculous practice.

i mean i dislike TV as well because of the 30% commercials. who doesn't? so we moved to the internet to watch tv. hulu anyone? hulu used to have very few commercial interruptions, very short. but then what happened? it got too popular (just like facebook) the advertisers got wise and followed us to the internet. now hulu is also at the 30% commercials. so? now i torrent my tv shows. and no, that doesn't make me a pirate because i want to watch my shows w/o commercial interruption. i still pay for cable tv, and i never buy crap they advertise on tv anyway, never have. never will...
You know how you pay for that cable TV you don't watch or that internet you pirate your shows with? Money.

How do you get money? You get a job.

What kind of a job? whatever job you want. Could be a doctor, a lawyer, or maybe...I don't know...and advertising executive.

But if you were an ad executive, how would you do your job? You'd work out advertising contracts for clients with various cable networks to help them grow their own businesses so they can get their own money to pay for their own cable.

But what if nobody watches TV so they don't have to see your commercials? Well, we gotta still do our jobs. Might as well put the commercials on new media sites like Hulu. That way Hulu makes money so that they can get money to pay for their cable. We all gotta work some how.

But what if they start breaking the law and illegally downloading TV shows? Wait, you mean people will go through so much trouble to avoid 3-6 minutes of advertising that they will watch their favorite shows in a manner that takes money out of the pockets of everyone from the show's producers, to the networks, to the ad executives, to the support teams at Hulu that need that cash to support themselves? There are people in the world that are that selfish? Are McDonald's commercials that evil that they would completely subvert contributing to the direct funding of their favorite shows all to save a couple minutes of time? What a disgrace.

Last edited by Broadside; 2012-07-03 at 05:07 PM.
Old 2012-07-03, 05:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
Otleaz
Second Lieutenant

point being i do not need to be interrupted with advertisements daily to be reminded of what brands of products i should be buying.

do you turn on your tv to learn what tp or food you should be buying? or can you make up your own mind?!
Regardless of what you may think, the brain will unconsciously make notes, even if you only see it in the corner of your eye and aren't focusing on it. You can have preferences over things you don't even know exist due to this.

Anyways... screw commercials. Idgaf if they are losing money from me, I'm not sitting through their shitty commercials.

Last edited by Otleaz; 2012-07-03 at 05:09 PM.
Old 2012-07-03, 05:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
Doxy
Staff Sergeant

How any of this is related to Technical Test ?
Old 2012-07-03, 05:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

This isn't about commercials. Please get back on topic.
Old 2012-07-03, 05:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
Sephirex
Major

Originally Posted by Broadside View Post
What a elfish attitude to go through life with.
Actually made perfect sense spelled that way.
Old 2012-07-03, 05:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
SmallBird
Private

https://twitter.com/LemonKingi/statu...25902884294657

Technical test this week...?
It seems so.
Old 2012-07-03, 05:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
Bravix
Sergeant Major

Annnnnd they ignore the mod and just keep going....

I wanna be in the technical test As a matter of fact, I wanna be in every PS2 test. Even the PS2 aids test. I'd do it for you Planetside 2, just let me be there for you :'(

lol
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion