BF 4 - will it impact PS2 population? - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Press refresh again and get a special prize.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-09-28, 10:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
Mordelicius
Major

Re: BF 4 - will it impact PS2 population?

It will have a big effect for sure. And I'm pretty sure they got some 'retort' against this (at least the first optimisation patch).

I read from the official forum, the majority of DVS from Waterson will be moving to BF4 until PS2 is fixed. And they refused to participate in testing the Nexus even after getting the invite. They are pissed off at the faction balance, overpopulation issue and that the NC is perennially being shafted. (note: I assume the poster was actually DVS. He seems to be and since the thread is NC related).

Also, one of the more popular TR forumsider from Mattherson on official forum DELETED his BR100 and basically said goodbye and said he's going to BF4. Name is PatCleburne I believe. I also see this guy at Waterson TR from time to time (name: GeneralPatCleburne). It's ironic though that he does this when TR is basically the OP faction. He was complaining about ZOE spamming on his last post.

No idea what's the allure of small scale pvp though such as in the BF series. PvP is always best when it's large scale and unpredictable (especially when it's BALANCED).

PS2 Devs have got to play their own game and actually have a pulse and 'first person' experience of gameplay balance. They are driving away a lot of players with these imbalances. (Nerf the Harasser Marauder, the Vulcan and the ZOE) and they will have fixed the population balance in one day ). But now, they are waiting for their magic graphs to give them some magic info. Leave the Oracle things to Maradine, play the game for themselves.

DVS used to be the biggest outfit in Waterson and has done alot for the NC even when outnumbered and outmuscled.
Old 2013-09-28, 01:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Phrygen
Corporal

I am assuming there will be a dent.
Old 2013-09-28, 02:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
Bobby Shaftoe
Staff Sergeant

TL;DR
Too much shit to fix, majority of players are fickle and will go off and play the next new* shiny thing.
*rehashed removed-then-reimplemented-features realistic-fish shoot'emupathon featuring russians or dubious-middle-eastern-appearance-bad-guys with 'challenging' quicktime events.

PS2 is average for 'small scale' combat and people who want that will go play other games, the majority of 'large scale combat' ie PS2s main selling point (outside of major bases) consists of a permanent mushroom cloud enveloping the spawn shack from vehicles sitting on the almost guaranteed high ground situated nearby and the swarm of airchavs and libtards hovering overhead.

The horrendous lattice implementation and the 'strats' it promotes are nothing more than attempting to 'ghost' links until a couple hexes from a major base, then zerging the bejesus out of it before the enemy can redeploy from either their own zerg or already outnumbered defensive fights across the map. The 'maps' are far too cluttered, I see convoys of 20+ vehicles driving for at most 30 seconds before they setup camp again at the next base. 100% 'contestable' maps with invisible killzones that don't let you get within 100 metres of the edge of the landmass.

Falling and imbalanced pops and constant 3 ways are as dull in PS2 as they were in PS1. Pops have declined consistently, such that you could easily have 2 Euro servers right now, maybe even 1 at a stretch (and only on the weekends), this is before any additional maps have been added and less than a year after 'release'.

Bad performance merely prevents a number of people from experiencing all the above in its full tedium, fix the performance and they [I]still[I] have to sort out plenty of other things.

PS2 will probably do very well in its console guise.
Old 2013-10-01, 12:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
Osskscosco
Corporal

Playing BF4 beta now and i have to say: lol nah.
Old 2013-10-01, 12:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
almalino
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Osskscosco View Post
Playing BF4 beta now and i have to say: lol nah.
Good, bad, same old bf3?
Old 2013-10-01, 12:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Wiifi
Private

BF4 Beta is pretty much unplayable in its current state.
Old 2013-10-01, 01:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
almalino
First Sergeant

Just watched some beta gameplay and hmmm, I have claustrofobia after it
Old 2013-10-01, 01:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
Maidere
Sergeant

Good news for SOE: bf4 seems to a worse version of bf3. I'm having hard times trying to understand how this beta has to convince me to buy this game.

Last edited by Maidere; 2013-10-01 at 01:31 PM.
Old 2013-10-01, 02:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
Roderick
Corporal

The only thing I discovered playing the first map of Battlefield 4 is the "New Metro Station" like lack of progress point, instead of moving past the escalators and stairs, you now converge on the largest building and hold the elevators for the entire map or when the building comes down.
Old 2013-10-01, 04:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
LeilaniRock
Private

As in contrary to many others, BF4 runs ok (FPS drops aside). But tbh, after 1hr of playtime it feels as BF3 with a nicer look.

It's fun fast paced action for a short period, but then I start missing PS2 already
Old 2013-10-01, 04:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
Osskscosco
Corporal

Originally Posted by almalino View Post
Good, bad, same old bf3?
Not bad, but it should cost 30 dollars because it's almost bf3.

Even the bugs are the same.
Old 2013-10-01, 07:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
Escroteitor
Private

On Cobalt we got a massive TR population drop.

Hell, it was about time. I first started as Vanu and switched to TR because I disliked facerolling people because of numbers.

Now we're having some good balanced fights... Between Vanu and TR. NC still a good amount of players but very disorganized.
Old 2013-10-01, 08:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by Mordelicius View Post
I read from the official forum, the majority of DVS from Waterson will be moving to BF4 until PS2 is fixed. And they refused to participate in testing the Nexus even after getting the invite. They are pissed off at the faction balance, overpopulation issue and that the NC is perennially being shafted. (note: I assume the poster was actually DVS. He seems to be and since the thread is NC related).
I'm trying to figure out what their issue is. This game is probably more balanced now than any PlanetSide game has ever been in terms of faction balance aside from one or two small things. They may as well go to BF because I don't know what they are expecting the developers to do.

Aside from that, there are always vocal cases when things like this happen. Their are far more people who enjoy playing who will never post.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer

Last edited by Hamma; 2013-10-01 at 08:39 PM.
Old 2013-10-01, 08:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
camycamera
Major

i am going to try out the so called "BF4 Beta" (marketing campaign) and some other games i bought on steam (bought Hitman Absolution and Dark Souls cheap ) while i weight (pun intended) for the optimisation patch. although i might play a bit of PS2 here and then for the next couple of days, i dont think i can ever give up on it lol. when the patch comes though, i'll definitely be back in full force.
Old 2013-10-01, 11:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
Chewy
Major

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
I'm trying to figure out what their issue is. This game is probably more balanced now than any PlanetSide game has ever been in terms of faction balance aside from one or two small things. They may as well go to BF because I don't know what they are expecting the developers to do.

Aside from that, there are always vocal cases when things like this happen. Their are far more people who enjoy playing who will never post.
Since I haven't played in over a week from a breather I can't say what the current bitching is about. But there are imbalances that just shouldn't exist. Things like the ES AI weapons for Harassers. NC get a shotgun that can't do shit while VS get a Lasher type and TR get the fucking Marauder.

Then there are some infantry weapons that should be near copies but are not. Look at the stats of the TAR, H-V45, and GR22.
http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/TAR
http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/H-V45
http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/GR-22

Those 3 should be almost equals to each other. All share the same COF numbers, ROF, damage, and costs. What they don't share is reload times and mag size. The TAR gets a 40 round mag with the only cost being a longer reload. A longer reload will hurt in the long run but those 10 spare bullets more than counter it when those extra rounds make a kill certain. The biggest problem with a 800 ROF weapon is running out of ammo and VS/NC need to watch for that, TR doesn't. That's why I gave up my GR22, it eats and shits ammo.

The little things add up over time and TR/VS have a lot of little things going for them. NC doesn't really have much that effect fights like what they have.

Im certain that some if DVS will go to BF4, that's just how things work in gaming, but it wont be the outfit. DVS is working hard with the other NC outfits on Waterson in trying to get NCC going.
http://nccommand.com/
Ask any of the outfits listed there what NCC is. Hell, go in command chat in game and ask there about NCC. We had two 1+ hour meetings so far with up to 13 total outfits and to toss all of that work away is just wrong. There has also been a little talk between NCC and the Vanu Alliance about what to do about the WDS.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion