*** PlanetSide 2 Ultimate Beta FAQ *** - Page 50 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Got ammo?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-27, 05:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #736
Qwan
Captain

Re: *** PlanetSide 2 Ultimate Beta FAQ ***

Quick question, hmmm think i should upgrade my vid card, running a 250 nvdia now. Thinking about up grading to a radeon 7770. I mean im broke and this will hurt my account alot. But do you think the 250 nvdia card will be able to handle all that moving around at a descent resolution. Hmmm any suggestions. I had no problem with battlefield 3, nice detail and not vid lag.
Old 2012-06-27, 06:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #737
Prexun
Private

Originally Posted by Qwan View Post
Quick question, hmmm think i should upgrade my vid card, running a 250 nvdia now. Thinking about up grading to a radeon 7770. I mean im broke and this will hurt my account alot. But do you think the 250 nvdia card will be able to handle all that moving around at a descent resolution. Hmmm any suggestions. I had no problem with battlefield 3, nice detail and not vid lag.
Yea that could be a good idea. A 6950 might, however be a better idea.

But I thing you should wait until you play the game at release, the beta isn't exactly fully optimized.
Old 2012-06-27, 06:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #738
MrKWalmsley
First Sergeant

I got an email telling me to share my computer specs, but when I clicked on the link it just comes up the usual "you have already signed up for beta" page. Help?

Originally Posted by Prexun View Post
The beta is under an NDA, you might get banned if you mention it.
Have a good day!

:P
That is not part of beta though, and there hasn't even been an agreement page. A survey is not beta info.
Old 2012-06-27, 06:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #739
Qwan
Captain

Originally Posted by Prexun View Post
Yea that could be a good idea. A 6950 might, however be a better idea.

But I thing you should wait until you play the game at release, the beta isn't exactly fully optimized.
yea thanks good looks, budget is real tight, give me some more time to save. I got the email for the computer test, ill do that when i get home and see what the feed back is. But I do know this Ill be logged into ps1 this sunday, hanging with the crew, just like the good old days
Old 2012-06-27, 08:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #740
kertvon
Sergeant

I personally think they are being really conservative about beta. The true testing in PS2 is contingent on the servers and engine being able to sustain massive quantities of players. I don't know too many other companies passing out hundreds of beta keys on social media; they need server saturation. They want ALOT of people in this beta because it is required to give the game its "Ready for Release" stamp of approval. No matter who gets in first, we should all be in relatively soon.
Old 2012-06-27, 08:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #741
Otleaz
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by kertvon View Post
I personally think they are being really conservative about beta. The true testing in PS2 is contingent on the servers and engine being able to sustain massive quantities of players. I don't know too many other companies passing out hundreds of beta keys on social media; they need server saturation. They want ALOT of people in this beta because it is required to give the game its "Ready for Release" stamp of approval. No matter who gets in first, we should all be in relatively soon.
That is what open beta is usually meant for.
Old 2012-06-27, 08:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #742
james
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by kertvon View Post
That is for the open beta stage, closed is to work out the bugs, and open is to fix more bugs and stress test the servers.
Old 2012-06-27, 12:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #743
Anderz
Master Sergeant

Some moron over on Battlelog claims they have Beta access. I call bullshit, but thought I'd share anyway:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...4489809792580/

I registered for it earlier and SOE just emailed me today that I was chosen. I could now finally download the game launchpad...

I'll update here on how the gameplay is...

later

EDIT:

I just got done playing it. It is an awful piece of shit. It has MAG-like animations, framerate of an overloaded powerpoint slideshow, hit-detection of stevie wonder shooting a gun, and the pixels of a gameboy.

Y'all gonna hate it.
Guy obviously hasn't a clue what a beta means given his "feedback", and it doesn't seem likely he'd get a key given he's obviously not a veteran and claims to have merely "signed up".
Old 2012-06-27, 01:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #744
Poser
Staff Sergeant

People still play BF3?
Old 2012-06-27, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #745
Zar
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Poser View Post
People still play BF3?
was about to ask the same thing game is horrid and a cod clone XD tho they didn't reuse maps from their last game like lazy bastards so i guess they are better then cod atm.

Last edited by Zar; 2012-06-27 at 01:08 PM.
Old 2012-06-27, 01:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #746
Sephirex
Major

Originally Posted by Anderz View Post
Guy obviously hasn't a clue what a beta means given his "feedback", and it doesn't seem likely he'd get a key given he's obviously not a veteran and claims to have merely "signed up".
Considering the post was from yesterday, I think he got the beta system check email, assumed the Beta was happening at that moment, and made a troll post.
Old 2012-06-27, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #747
Poser
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Zar View Post
was about to ask the same thing game is horrid and a cod clone XD tho they didn't reuse maps from their last game like lazy bastards so i guess they are better then cod atm.
And so many insane clipping issues. BFBC2 was a significantly better game.
Old 2012-06-27, 02:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #748
Roidster
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Qwan View Post
yea thanks good looks, budget is real tight, give me some more time to save. I got the email for the computer test, ill do that when i get home and see what the feed back is. But I do know this Ill be logged into ps1 this sunday, hanging with the crew, just like the good old days
you should be good with a 1gig 6850
Old 2012-06-27, 02:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #749
Bags
Lieutenant General

I play an hour or two a week when I'm bored.
Old 2012-06-27, 02:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #750
Greeniegriz
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
I play an hour or two a week when I'm bored.
Same, gets old fast but is good to blow off some steam.

On topic: Soon™ .......

Cheer,

GG

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

PSU Folding Team - Join Today!
Don't follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Greeniegriz; 2012-06-27 at 02:39 PM.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion