News: Resolved - PS2 Region - Page 53 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Tastes like spam.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-02-23, 11:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #781
Kran De Loy
Captain

Re: PlanetSide 2 Will Be Region Locked (WTF Sony)

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
Several people reading this thread, in fact!
Does us a favor and either you or Smed go to the guy that set up the segregation and smack him in the back of the head.

It'd be much appreciated.

And if he's higher up than Smed on the chain get the COE of Sony to do it instead.

Old 2012-02-23, 11:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #782
BigBossMonkey
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Kran De Loy View Post
Does us a favor and either you or Smed go to the guy that set up the segregation and smack him in the back of the head.

It'd be much appreciated.

And if he's higher up than Smed on the chain get the COE of Sony to do it instead.

Pretty sure he doesn't wanna get fired.

I'll do it though.
Old 2012-02-24, 12:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #783
Kran De Loy
Captain

Originally Posted by BigBossMonkey View Post
Pretty sure he doesn't wanna get fired.
Is why you get the guy's direct superior to do it.
It's not like he should video it and put it on hte internet. That's actually to much.
Besides, everyone gotta be thinking of wanting to do it anyway.

Last edited by Kran De Loy; 2012-02-24 at 03:32 AM.
Old 2012-02-24, 12:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #784
Fenrys
Major

At least SOE and Alaplaya have their story straight:

http://en.alaplaya.net/forum/general....html#p5218844
Originally Posted by An Alaplaya Community Manager
And regarding IP-Lock and account-concerns: We are currently in discussion with SOE about that and might come up with a solution all SOE-Players will like.
http://en.alaplaya.net/forum/general....html#p5217996
Originally Posted by An Alaplaya Community Manager
This topic is currently being discussed internally and at SOE. I can't tell you all the detials now, but I hope that we are able to loose some restrictions...So for all existing SOE-Players: We are trying hard to find a solution that you don't get seperated.
I'm willing to believe there are some complicated legal and technical issues that may need to be worked through one game at a time.

I'm willing to give them a week or 2 before starting the shit talking outside this forum.

Feedback about the progress that has been made so far would help ease my troubled mind.
Old 2012-02-24, 01:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #785
RodenyC
Master Sergeant

ProSieben - Response to Your Feedback! Friends, As we approach the weekend, we wanted to share that we are working on a plan to keep our communities together with the ProSieben deal. Again, we thank you for your patience - we'll provide more information as soon as it is available. [~Brasse]
That's from facebook.Good news to me.They are listening.
Old 2012-02-24, 01:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #786
Fenrys
Major

Hundreds of years worth of EQ2 subscription cancellations may have helped things along
Old 2012-02-24, 01:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #787
RodenyC
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Fenrys View Post
Well thats good.They needed a wake up call on that.
Old 2012-02-24, 02:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #788
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Nice to see they're working on it
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2012-02-24, 03:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #789
Yago
Private

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
Several people reading this thread, in fact!
Thanks for posting Higby .
Old 2012-02-24, 03:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #790
Coreldan
Colonel

I too would like to again and randomly thank Higby for taking the time to reply to this issue as well as fe. the hovering thread as well as all the other threads he responds to!

I wish the NDA wouldnt be so strict, I bet you'd like to tell us a lot of fancy things!

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-02-24, 03:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #791
Canaris
Contributor
General

damn and I thought the Planetside crewz were militant....
Some very blatantly untrue things in the article but as they say the truth is usually the first causality

Glad to see SOE is working hard to address our concerns

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2012-02-24, 04:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #792
Dale
Private

Another update from one of the alaplaya mods:

Originally Posted by Protagonist
Before weekend we will not have an answer. Sorry about it but the Technicans needs to figure out things first.
If the idea works out we will have no barriers for everyone but we need to see and wait what is possible.

Before abandon and run away I would wait as the idea we have in mind really solves a lot.
Old 2012-02-24, 04:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #793
ringring
Contributor
General

Good.

I feel better.
Old 2012-02-24, 04:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #794
Shade Millith
First Sergeant

Before weekend we will not have an answer. Sorry about it but the Technicans needs to figure out things first.
If the idea works out we will have no barriers for everyone but we need to see and wait what is possible.

Before abandon and run away I would wait as the idea we have in mind really solves a lot.
They better have a damn good solution.

This is completely and utterly unacceptable. Not just for PS2, but for all their other MMO's.

This is a massive kick in the teeth of everyone that plays their games.
Old 2012-02-24, 04:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #795
Frisby
Private

http://en.alaplaya.net/forum/general....html#p5217996

This topic is currently being discussed internally and at SOE. I can't tell you all the detials now, but I hope that we are able to loose some restrictions...So for all existing SOE-Players: We are trying hard to find a solution that you don't get seperated.
Well, it might be just me, but reading this has my bullshit-sensors tingling. First this posting more or less confirms that they had severe restriction planned in the first place, second it reveals that they are still trying to cling to their restrictive approach (loose "some" restrictions / "existing" SOE players) and third it shows that they are definetly failing to understand what this is all about (at least for me). I do not want some (half-assed) solution for the "existing SOE-players" that may allow us to stay together, but what I want and what PS2 needs imho is a solid ground for it's international community to stand and grow on.

It would not be a solution to allow „existing SOE players“ to play on US servers or vice versa, this may appease the current players for the moment but it is just a prolonged death. Even a solid outfit with a good core of players needs new influx of players over the years of play and you can only achieve this by having a chance to recruit new ones for different time-zones and peak-times. What PS2 needs are international / unrestricted servers that are labeled that way and stay that way for the years to come. They are for the players that are willing to sacrifice their uber-low-ping-time for the joy of playing with a international group of players and really having a (more or less) non-stop war waging over the continents of auraxis.

I can understand the problems that such servers may cause and that they may not offer the same "FPS-experience" that SOE seems to aim for, but looking at the outcry that the SOE/Pro7Sat1 approach to things has caused not only here but all over the different SOE games, it might be, that your approach is simply too narrow minded in perspective to your player base. I can only appeal to SOE and Pro7Sat1 to really rethink their decisions and come up with a solution as the one I described above for all their games and especially for PS2.

And as a last note, that is not meant as a threat just as a reminder (as it seems to me that it is sometimes too easily forgotten in the mazes of the business towers): Keep in mind that we are the ones paying you and that you hope to keep paying you even with a F2P game.

Doh, seems I should have refreshed the thread before posting:

I hope that really is the way they are going and they stay true to this.

Last edited by Frisby; 2012-02-24 at 06:30 AM. Reason: development of things
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion