Active Subscriber beta cutoff is 8 A.M. Monday - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Look a distraction!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-08-04, 05:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #76
Firearms
Sergeant

Re: Active Subscriber beta cutoff is 8 A.M. Monday

Originally Posted by dafuq View Post
holy fuck, i dont get it why the most people on this forum come in threads and post shit without having a clue about anything
I'll feel bad for others in your position that don't get in on Monday.
For you, I'll laugh. Hard.
Old 2012-08-04, 05:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #77
Volken
Private

Chill out guys,

First, it's not like there is going to be one thousand guys buying PS1 now.

Second, as an old vet, i see it like a good idea, i mean, i had to pass throught customer support to recover my old and dusty planetside account, but what about all the vets that haven't been able to recover it? If they are hard fans and really wants to be part of the planetside 2 adventure, they can support SOE and help them testing the beta by buying PS1 again.

In the other hand, that's right that some people might buy it just to "play early", thinking that the game is finished. But they are dead wrong, a beta is a beta, it will be broken, broken, full of bug and downed servers.
But anyway if they pay , i will be happy because they will support the game.
Old 2012-08-04, 05:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #78
dafuq
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Firearms View Post
I'll feel bad for others in your position that don't get in on Monday.
For you, I'll laugh. Hard.
i dont care if i get in or not but im pretty sure that i get in with my sub running since 5 months

do u really think 2382387872382 people just bought ps1 to get in on monday?

lol

Last edited by dafuq; 2012-08-04 at 05:48 AM.
Old 2012-08-04, 06:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #79
Alphasim
Private

*puts away wallet* I'm not that impatient yet. I enjoy working with betas when they're actual betas (and not product demos) but not enough to buy earlier access. Yet.
Old 2012-08-04, 06:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #80
Mox
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by KnifeGun View Post
Interesting. So spending money on the industry actually hurts the industry? You got me there. Good point.

Are you personally going to play this game at some point? If so, then wouldn't that make you a consumer of said game and a participant in said industry? If it hurts those two things then it hurts you. Without money spent on the game the game will eventually fail and then no one can play. So it all boils down to if you actually want to play this game.

If you have no interest in playing then why the hell are you even on these forums?
I'll play PS2 at some point but i wont buy every bullshit. That doesn't mean i'll spend no money at all but i think careful before i buy something.

Why f2p hurts the consumers! Check out this:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...e=1#top_banner

Why f2p hurts the industry is a bit more complicated question. Lets say this:
Almost no company is really happy with the f2p business model. They are forced to use this model because there is a "Everything for Free"-Spirit in the whole web. By the way, this spirit also hurts the the press and tv business. f2p is dangerous because you can't get the retail revenues during the first hype. If you can't hold several million players for a longer period of time your business will fail. SOE was really nervous to put DCUO for free. It worked but there was a possibility it wont. There are a lot of games out there.

Edit: Do be fair, the problem for the industry isn't buying ps1 to get early access to ps2 but the whole f2p model.

Last edited by Mox; 2012-08-04 at 06:36 AM.
Old 2012-08-04, 06:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #81
Momember
Corporal

I have returned after playing planetside for the past few hours I had a blast
Having never played it before the learning curve wasn't so bad and it was nice to experience all the thing TB and the vets on here have been talking about.
I feel like its a little initiation. It's winter here in Australia weathers not too great and I'm sick so perfect way to spend the weekend.

Old 2012-08-04, 06:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #82
Eaglez
Private

So for 10 bucks I can be playing the beta on monday with my new rig instead of waiting another 2-3 weeks? I want to say that it is worth it.
Old 2012-08-04, 06:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #83
Astrok
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by dafuq View Post
i dont care if i get in or not but im pretty sure that i get in with my sub running since 5 months

do u really think 2382387872382 people just bought ps1 to get in on monday?

lol
i dont care either,Besides everyone start from scratch when betas over so i can wait a few weeks to get in(got a key).

paying for a game for no advantages as only to play beta is pretty fucked when u do it.Then u are damn desperate and have no life.

if u could have some nice things when the full release starts when u pay for beta then its fine but for nothing?????
Old 2012-08-04, 06:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #84
Dubious
Sergeant

You get to play the best game on the planet (PS1)
What else do you want?
Old 2012-08-04, 06:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #85
Astrok
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Dubious View Post
You get to play the best game on the planet (PS1)
What else do you want?
played it for years....kinda done with it for around 1,5 years now.But lost username,email adress blocked because of hackers etc etc so i had to make a new account.atleast i have a key
Old 2012-08-04, 06:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #86
Katanauk
Corporal

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Mox View Post
I'll play PS2 at some point but i wont buy every bullshit. That doesn't mean i'll spend no money at all but i think careful before i buy something.

Why f2p hurts the consumers! Check out this:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...e=1#top_banner

Why f2p hurts the industry is a bit more complicated question. Lets say this:
Almost no company is really happy with the f2p business model. They are forced to use this model because there is a "Everything for Free"-Spirit in the whole web. By the way, this spirit also hurts the the press and tv business. f2p is dangerous because you can't get the retail revenues during the first hype. If you can't hold several million players for a longer period of time your business will fail. SOE was really nervous to put DCUO for free. It worked but there was a possibility it wont. There are a lot of games out there.

Edit: Do be fair, the problem for the industry isn't buying ps1 to get early access to ps2 but the whole f2p model.
For me, that article was a load of crap.

You do realise, as a consumer you can make a decision to - gasp - find an alternative p2p option?
I've realised that, which is why I play Battlefield 3, Counter-Strike and Guild Wars instead of BF:P4F, [InsertgenericCSF2Phere] or Runes of Magic, the models they use work better for me, I prefer them, but many others prefer the f2p model.

There is always a paid alternative that is without the pay to win garble, but you whinge and moan that the free to play stuff is there all the same?

Oh and if your product fails because it can't make the sales? Tough sh!t. That's the way the world works, gotta make a product people want to put money in if you wanna succeed.

"a possibility it wont" [work]

There is a possibility every single product/game in and outside the f2p model, wont work. You make the game, and take the leap and hope it succeeds, again, that's the way the world works.

ps: Why are so many people butthurt that others wanna get in on the beta early? What a sadact thing to get pissed about jeez.

Last edited by Katanauk; 2012-08-04 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Added a P.S
Old 2012-08-04, 07:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #87
Nubb
Private

Originally Posted by Astrok View Post
i dont care either,Besides everyone start from scratch when betas over so i can wait a few weeks to get in(got a key).

paying for a game for no advantages as only to play beta is pretty fucked when u do it.Then u are damn desperate and have no life.

if u could have some nice things when the full release starts when u pay for beta then its fine but for nothing?????
You are obviously under the age of 18 and as such can't afford $15 or your mum won't let you borrow her debit card

$15 is about 30minutes work for alot of people, or 1 hour for others.

1 hour for 2 weeks enjoyment, for a game they have waited AGES for in anticipation. Thats a no brainer if you have little patience, like myself.

I don't care what you spend your money on, why are you apparently bitter about what I spend mine on?
Old 2012-08-04, 07:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #88
NakedMoleTonka
Private

Guys, seriously, 2 days before it comes out and you are all arguing. If you are a vet and payed, fine. If you are new and payed, thats fine too. And they arent paying solely for the purpose of getting in early. They can play the first one, get a feel for it while waiting for beta. If you decide not to pay, again, fine. Lets wait for beta before we kill one another, hmm?
Old 2012-08-04, 07:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #89
Mox
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Katanauk View Post
For me, that article was a load of crap.

You do realise, as a consumer you can make a decision to - gasp - find an alternative p2p option?
I've realised that, which is why I play Battlefield 3, Counter-Strike and Guild Wars instead of BF:P4F, [InsertgenericCSF2Phere] or Runes of Magic, the models they use work better for me, I prefer them, but many others prefer the f2p model.
As far as i know there is no p2p option for ps2. I would take it if it's there. Paying 15 bucks a month for all options in the gamestore is much more interesting than spending 500 "SOE cashcrystals" (or whatever ) for a single cycler pink camo upgrade.

The problem is that there are too much people out there who will buy the pink camo upgrade. But there are also too much people out there who wont spend anything.

I know the magical word today is "price differtiation" (i.e. take as much money as possible from every single person). In some way it also seems to be fair. If someone has no money let him play for free. If someone has a lot of money let him buy any bullshit he wants. Nevertheless, it still hurts the industry. Simply because it boosts the "Everthing is Free"-Spirit and therfore forces the industry to focus on the f2p model.

There is always a paid alternative that is without the pay to win garble, but you whinge and moan that the free to play stuff is there all the same?
Reality shows that there are just a few f2p games out there which aren't p2w.

There is a possibility every single product/game in and outside the f2p model, wont work. You make the game, and take the leap and hope it succeeds, again, that's the way the world works.
You are absolutly right. Every product can fail.
But you need 500k retail sales and 200k subs for half a year to make a p2p game a success.
f2p needs several millions players for a long period to be a success.

Last edited by Mox; 2012-08-04 at 07:49 AM.
Old 2012-08-04, 07:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #90
Littleman
First Lieutenant

This beta client might not be as buggy and broken as some people believe it will be. The definition of "beta" differs from developer to developer, it's not a constant, static period in a games development that always equals a buggy client.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion