News: Incoming Special founders edition - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Your quote has been pre-rejected
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-09-05, 06:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
MonsterBone
First Sergeant

Re: Incoming Special founders edition

I want ingame art to buy. Like stickers I can put on my vehicles.
Old 2012-09-05, 06:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
CrystalViolet
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Lonehunter View Post
I'd settle for blades

Ahh what I'd do with a working Chainblade...
Carve turkey in an impressive manor? Actually, prop knives would be awesome and probably very doable.
Old 2012-09-05, 07:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
ravMF
Private

An intimate dinner w/ Higby on Skype!
Old 2012-09-05, 08:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
JimSolo
Private

I want a founders special edition Marauder with a choice of a mounted chaingun or nade launcher.
or no weapons just seating and horsepower.

Choice of special skins like:
Pilots suit, Sniper ghillie suit etc...
maybe one for each class?
Old 2012-09-05, 09:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
Gammit10
Sergeant

Faction Dog Tags
Old 2012-09-06, 01:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #81
EVILoHOMER
Major

http://images.mmorpg.com/images/gall...a2f70ae0ca.jpg

To have the option of the Vanu force blade to Glow as a call back to the early days of Planetside.

Oh also to have equipable knives and not the stupid quick knife thing would have to be implemented.
Old 2012-09-06, 06:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #82
Froglicker
Corporal

Please no gold plated stuff. Gold is tacky. I'd much rather have silver or platinum.
All ingame exclusives need to be toggleable. There are moments when people might not want to brag about their status.
Any ingame exclusive should NOT have any significant gameplay effects. A small, permanant XP or CR boost is okay, but a super buffed fighter bomber is not. Any unique weapons or vehicles should not have any significant advantage over normal ones.

Really tho, I hope that a "Special Founders Edition" actually has ingame stuff that's actually exclusive. None of this "exclusive just for 6months" BS.

I'd really love some some unique weapon/armor/vehicle customizations or camo patterns (so long as they're not tacky, or gold). Unique taunts/graphics/emotes would also be awesome (flares, fireworks, holo-flag waving, special dances, particle effects, etc)

But yeah, alot of good ideas in this thread.

@MaxDamage - Lols at electricity nipples and OMG YES PLEASE for glowstick dancing

@Baneblade - +1 for cloaks, mostly because I've always loved cloaks. I doubt it'll happen tho.

Last edited by Froglicker; 2012-09-06 at 06:26 AM.
Old 2012-09-06, 08:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #83
Lazaruz
Private

-Small permanent XP-boost

-Name Reservation

-Exclusive camos, skins, etc.

-Some cosmetic armor pieces, medals, etc.

-Choice of a Higby, T-Ray or Smed bobblehead for your dashboard.

-Access to the weather command that makes it rain Higbys meteors.

Last edited by Lazaruz; 2012-09-06 at 08:02 AM.
Old 2012-09-06, 09:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #84
Hyncharas
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by T-Ray View Post
How about a special "Auraxian" Edition of Planetside 2 complete with a copy of the art book and a 12" max suit figure of your faction choice?

How much would you pay for that? I'm not saying that we are doing anything like that at all. I'm asking for my own personal knowledge.

Smed is going to shank me in the hallway later for this
I like this, and the idea of even a diorama, though I do have some reservations. Firstly, products with a 12-inch figure in them tend to be £120 or more and, as a result, this restricts the edition to only consumers who can afford it, rather than it being available to everybody. If you want 75% of fans to purchase this, at least a 6-inch or at most a 9-inch model for either a Cycler/Scattercannon/Lasher MAX depending on empire, or a suitable miniature-diorama showing several figures from each empire fighting over a capture point, would still be great without overloading the price tag.

Secondly, as a freelance artist currently looking for employment, I love art books for MMOs especially so I can see what material was used and left out... but I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable spending money on solely an art book and statue for any game. It would be nice to have either a Velcro patch or baseball cap with the PlanetSide 2 logo in full on it. If you went with the diorama, it might also be good to have some fictional paraphernalia to allow soldiers to decide for themselves which side they choose, or have them tailored to each >> perhaps a military coin depending on empire, themed dogs tags with the PS2 logo you can get engraved if you wish, a letter from the empire's Taskmaster explaining the situation, postcards of Intel CG artwork, etc. If you're unfamiliar with Gears of War 3 Epic Edition, this game is a good example.

Third, currently the beta is about 6GB barring periodical updates where you have to re-download a fifth of it every time, so it would be good to have a backup CD of the game if you were forced to reinstall it, and an authenticator if you want more security. This then allows for other cool stuff in addition to some of the digital incentives already suggested, such as a digital soundtrack, fansite kit, and a "ViDoc" (video documentary) of SOE's struggle to reinvent a 9yr-old franchise and how the community have supported it over the years. There would also be a code to unlock exclusive content like $20 Station Cash, 60-day free PS2 Membership and some perpetual enhancements in and out of the game to show others you are a founder.

Last but not least, this is an F2P title, so I don't think you should limit the availability of this edition unless you are planning to sell expansions via retail. In contrast, games like Neverwinter Nights and World of Warcraft have released special editions, with new content in each, for almost every new world they've added to their universe...

This would bring the Auraxian Edition to about £80/$130.

Last edited by Hyncharas; 2012-09-06 at 10:08 AM.
Old 2012-09-06, 10:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #85
MaxDamage
Sergeant Major

How about a special "Auraxian" Edition of Planetside 2 complete with a copy of the art book and a 12" max suit figure of your faction choice?

How much would you pay for that? I'm not saying that we are doing anything like that at all. I'm asking for my own personal knowledge.

A TR MAX figure? If half decent, anything up to 200 Great British Pounds.
Old 2012-09-06, 10:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #86
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

How about, if I buy one. You guys put Enter/Exit animations back in?

Old 2012-09-06, 10:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #87
VelRa
Sergeant

VIP admission to a danceclub at Warpgate, drinks half the Auraxium.
Old 2012-09-06, 02:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #88
SturmovikDrakon
First Sergeant

I'm sure many mentioned in-game customization already, but I'll add to it anyway

A cool thing to reward Founders would be with some kind of in-game badge that you can equip on all the classes including maxes. The badge itself should match the style of the faction you're fighting for though
Old 2012-09-06, 02:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #89
Fazed
Corporal

Re-skin for the knife into a sabre/lightsaber/short sword would definitely be awesome

What about importing your closed beta account into the actual live servers?
Old 2012-09-06, 02:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #90
Emperor Newt
Second Lieutenant

Depends on what is also in the box and the quality of the statue. Plastic or metal, in parts or assembled. Moveable or fixed parts. Painted or not, etc, etc. But it is a very tempting offer. Actually I think you should sell those max statues regularly
Also if you are planing such a thing, please make sure we can order it directly from Europe too. Without paying almost double for shipping and taxes.

Last edited by Emperor Newt; 2012-09-06 at 02:48 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion