News: TotalBiscuit Liberator Video - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: > Heaven
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-23, 01:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
duomaxwl
Captain

Re: TotalBiscuit Liberator Video

I'd rock zebra stripes.
But yeah, those physics are awesome.
Old 2012-05-23, 01:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

Thanks for that Vid TB.

However, I do think its odd that a bomber has no bombs. I liked the bombing runs, doing it, or receiving it.

Old 2012-05-23, 01:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

I would buy hearts on my windshield. You guys are broken!

Old 2012-05-23, 01:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
Kipper
Captain

Re: More TB goodness

Originally Posted by LostAlgorithm View Post
saying "Videogames: Serious Business" to someone is practically the definition of the pot calling the kettle black though.
Dude, come ON.

Understand the difference between people who PLAY and people who MAKE video games (and related material).

Businesses create stuff to make money, and yes, that's serious - for them. Players on the other hand, shouldn't be taking shit like this too seriously - if you don't like it, don't spend time on it, you have a personal choice.

If the business people get it wrong, any product will flop. I kinda think Planetside 2 will be okay, even if it has flying metal zebras.

Originally Posted by onwee View Post
Correct, there were hearts on the windshield though. To me, that means I hope this is a placeholder and not a step toward secondlife or saints row or whatever in order to profit. To me, that's not part of the identity of planetside.
What would you rather? Something that looked uber serious, demanded a subscription, got a good influx of players for the first quarter and then died on its arse as soon as the next big thing(tm) came out? Or something that didn't take itself quite that seriously, was very casual player friendly and attracted a wide variety of gamers of all types - and kept them?

You can solo an MMORPG, or play in small groups and still get everything out of it even if the server is dead because they're predominantly PvE. In a 100% PvP game, empty servers just make emptier servers because there is literally no content. I'm for not making it TOO silly, but above that, I'm for keeping healthy populations.

Last edited by Kipper; 2012-05-23 at 01:33 PM.
Old 2012-05-23, 01:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
Miir
Malvision

That liberator looks sick! Love the customization.

As a VS I want to be able to buy a TR or NC paint job to really throw off my enemies. hehe

More videos TB!
Old 2012-05-23, 01:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
JPalmer
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
Dude, come ON.

Understand the difference between people who PLAY and people who MAKE video games (and related material).

Businesses create stuff to make money, and yes, that's serious - for them. Players on the other hand, shouldn't be taking shit like this too seriously - if you don't like it, don't spend time on it, you have a personal choice.

If the business people get it wrong, any product will flop. I kinda think Planetside 2 will be okay, even if it has flying metal zebras.

What would you rather? Something that looked uber serious, demanded a subscription, got a good influx of players for the first quarter and then died on its arse as soon as the next big thing(tm) came out? Or something that didn't take itself quite that seriously, was very casual player friendly and attracted a wide variety of gamers of all types - and kept them?
Agreed, the only thing I ask for is a little bit more red, blue and purple on the lib. Players should be able to easily recognize enemies and friendlies.
Old 2012-05-23, 01:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by MrBloodworth View Post
However, I do think its odd that a bomber has no bombs. I liked the bombing runs, doing it, or receiving it.
I don't believe they are calling it a bomber anymore. It's still called the Liberator, but it's a gunship now.

We may still end up getting some kind of bomber variant for the new Liberator though. No confirmation, but I believe Higby said they were considering it as an option. Time will tell, but here's hoping.
Old 2012-05-23, 01:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #83
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
I don't believe they are calling it a bomber anymore. It's still called the Liberator, but it's a gunship now.

We may still end up getting some kind of bomber variant for the new Liberator though. No confirmation, but I believe Higby said they were considering it as an option. Time will tell, but here's hoping.
I just do not understand why its been removed in the first place.

Whats the problem being solved here? Of course I ask that about a great many things in this version of Planetside.
Old 2012-05-23, 01:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #84
ArmedZealot
Contributor
Major

I don't know about that. I can't quote anyone but I'm pretty sure they have said that they are against indirect fire, and that they are trying to avoid things that kill people without the aggressor being involved or acted against.

Conspiracy hat time: I think they are just saying that to leave room for such vehicles in future expansions and updates. We didn't see the flail until Core:Combat and the old school liberator didn't make it in until pretty late after launch. Most of these indirect fire roles are pretty popular and keeping them on the shelf gives them a card to play to keep players interested in the game.

Back on topic: Yeah I'd want more color on the liberator just to be able to see which empire it belonged to, but with 3d spotting I'd imagine you will know before it is even relevant on the field.

Last edited by ArmedZealot; 2012-05-23 at 01:40 PM.
Old 2012-05-23, 01:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
The Janitor
Sergeant

Let them make silly skins, hats, purple dildos, I don't care. As long as SOE makes money off this game and continues to support it by giving us players more things to kill each other with in spectacular ways, I really don't care what sort of hat my targets are wearing. I'm going to kill them anyways, might as well let them get some enjoyment out of it.
Old 2012-05-23, 01:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
Kipper
Captain

I think the rationale is that its not really fun to be blown up by something you don't see coming and have no chance to avoid/fight back.

If PS2 has a high ceiling then liberators could be bombing without having to worry about AA.

Saying that though, I'd like to see bombs in and balanced by the difficulty in using them effectively - ie, limited in number carried / splash damage range etc.

I like the idea of the new liberator gunship setup... its more Apache than B-52. I'd put the free-fall bombs on the ES fighters myself.

Last edited by Kipper; 2012-05-23 at 01:44 PM.
Old 2012-05-23, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #87
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Whats the problem being solved here? Of course I ask that about a great many things in this version of Planetside.
Probably the same thing as MBT's having the driver control the main gun now. In PS1, the bombardier didn't have a lot to do other than wait around, and then coordinate with the pilot and drop the bombs, and directing the angle that the bombs would go in at.

They seem to be wanting to make all of the roles more engaging and easy to pick up and have fun with right away this time around.

Hopefully a bomber variant is added, along with a dedicated driver/gunner variant for MBT's (both are being considered by the devs). They can leave the currently planned MBT's and Liberator as they are for the default loadouts, so that they are still more newbie friendly, while having the more advanced and more teamplay oriented variants available for those players who want them.
Old 2012-05-23, 01:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #88
ArmedZealot
Contributor
Major

Probably the same thing as MBT's having the driver control the main gun now. In PS1, the bombardier didn't have a lot to do other than wait around, and then coordinate with the pilot and drop the bombs, and directing the angle that the bombs would go in at.
Wait, the main gun on the lib is driver controlled now?
Old 2012-05-23, 01:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #89
Fable
Private

Originally Posted by Gogita View Post
What bothers me slightly is the fact that when the aircraft turns e.g. at 6:40, the liberator does not seem to tilt to the direction, rather it turns on its axis... looks weird
This is what real helicopters and even jets can do, why does it seem weird to you? It's completely normal thing.
Old 2012-05-23, 01:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #90
Kipper
Captain

Originally Posted by WildVS View Post
Good points but if this endeavor to generate revenue is created by a design element that alienates a significant populous then it is counterproductive.
Very true, but only when they actually see what people are/aren't buying and why people are/aren't leaving will they be able to adjust accordingly. Its not like its set in stone.

That's why I say to anyone that doesn't like this stuff - play the game anyway, just don't buy the stuff - buy stuff you like instead. Then you still get to play, but you're not supporting what you don't like about it. If people do this in significant numbers, the business people get the answer as to what people want - and they will give(sell) people what they want.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion