"Speeding it up" - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: open 24 hours a day
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you like the idea of "speeding up" the game
Yes 48 22.22%
No 76 35.19%
Too early to have an opinion 85 39.35%
I don't care either way 7 3.24%
Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-05-18, 05:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
Stardouser
Colonel

Re: "Speeding it up"

Originally Posted by Gonefshn View Post
BINGO! Cue the arguement about lifetime K/D ratio....

Oh god no I'm just kidding please don't lollol
Well, you're not wrong. The desire to have a good KDR, combined with a low TTK, will lead to a lot of people wanting to do support roles and not too many wanting to put their bodies on capture points.

In fact, I can see it now, some people might have a side account/secondary character they use just for capturing flags, so that their primary account/character's uber KDR isn't affected.

Originally Posted by Toppopia View Post
So... this means that noobs won't swear at me and call me a camper even though i did nothing wrong??.... Yipee a game that is finally great *Hellejuh music plays*
Some will, no doubt, but unlike Battlefield, if too many campers, I mean, support fire personnel, cause you to lose a base, the front line gets pushed back to the next base and all the campers, I mean support fire, have to move...so if too many people do it, they will be moving one way or another.

Last edited by Stardouser; 2012-05-18 at 05:13 PM.
Old 2012-05-18, 05:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
ThirdCross
Contributor
Corporal

Originally Posted by Attackmack View Post
And when the current players engaged in the battle have tired of it, logs off and go to sleep, there will be new ones logging in respawning in the heat of battle taking their place.
I don't see why this would be the case? Most of the spawn points in PS2 are very vulnerable. Spawn points are just as they were in PS1. Gals are even more vulnerable than AMSs were, hell most of you were complaining about this. The last one, squad leaders, are 1st, very noticeable when spawned on, and 2nd, very easy to kill.
Old 2012-05-18, 05:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
SgtMAD
Captain

I started laughing when I read the post that said there won't be any camping in PS2.

you ppl just lack imagination
Old 2012-05-18, 05:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
Toppopia
Major

Originally Posted by HtSgtMAD View Post
I started laughing when I read the post that said there won't be any camping in PS2.

you ppl just lack imagination
Its not called camping, its called defending the objective and using cover effectively, so no, there won't be camping.
Old 2012-05-18, 06:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
SgtMAD
Captain

Originally Posted by Toppopia View Post
Its not called camping, its called defending the objective and using cover effectively, so no, there won't be camping.
yea, tell me all about it when NIC sets up a bunch of burster maxs camping your air pads
Old 2012-05-18, 06:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
Gonefshn
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by HtSgtMAD View Post
yea, tell me all about it when NIC sets up a bunch of burster maxs camping your air pads
Although it's annoying I call that good strategy.
Old 2012-05-18, 06:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
Stardouser
Colonel

Although it's annoying I call that good strategy.
Yep, completely legit.
Old 2012-05-18, 06:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #83
Gonefshn
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
Yep, completely legit.
always fun judging if things are sarcastic over the internet lol.

There will be many places that have aircraft pads. Camping things like spawn points in a game like PS2 makes sense, if you camp repair pads for aircraft you deny the enemy the ability to repair the aircraft locally. Denying the enemy resources is a huge part of winning in a game like this.
Old 2012-05-18, 06:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #84
Stardouser
Colonel

always fun judging if things are sarcastic over the internet lol.

There will be many places that have aircraft pads. Camping things like spawn points in a game like PS2 makes sense, if you camp repair pads for aircraft you deny the enemy the ability to repair the aircraft locally. Denying the enemy resources is a huge part of winning in a game like this.
Nope, no sarcasm. Setting up rape teams to suppress reinforcements and repairs coming from aircraft pads only makes sense, and if the enemy spawning near the aircraft pads can't dislodge you they need to either accept it, or find a new tactic besides spawning and rushing at you. Now I know this would never happen in Planetside but in Battlefield DICE has made places like that out of bounds, and yes, I am comparing vehicle spawns/repair pads to Battlefield uncaps. No thanks to out of bounds.
Old 2012-05-18, 06:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
captainkapautz
First Lieutenant

[...]Now I know this would never happen in Planetside but in Battlefield DICE has made places like that out of bounds, and yes, I am comparing vehicle spawns/repair pads to Battlefield uncaps. No thanks to out of bounds.
Yeah, you kinda need out of bounds in BF, because unlike in PS you can't just spawn at a different base or sanc to regroup.

Would be funny though "GUYS WE R LOOSIN CASPIAN! ALL RESPAWN FIRESTORM AND PULL AIR/ARMOR 4 COUNTERPUSH!".
Old 2012-05-18, 06:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
Raymac
Brigadier General

Yeah, but those air pad campers never last too long. If they'd take me out, I'd just spawn with my AV loadout, run up to them and shove my Phoenix up their ass and slowly pull the trigger until it goes click.

In Planetside, unless you are inside a base defending, you need to displace pretty frequently or you'll get toasted. Essentially the "camping problem" corrects itself, right?

Old 2012-05-18, 06:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #87
Stardouser
Colonel

Originally Posted by captainkapautz View Post
Yeah, you kinda need out of bounds in BF, cuz unlike in PS you can't just spawn at a different base or sanc to regroup.

Would be funny though "GUYS WE R LOOSIN CASPIAN! ALL RESPAWN FIRESTORM AND PULL AIR/ARMOR 4 COUNTERPUSH!".
Actually, you can, usually. Battlefield is a maximum of 64 players, so another flag is just as good as another base.

The reason people cry about their uncap being attacked is that the uncap is where their jets, helicopters, and tanks spawn. "How dare you come after my tank spawn! You are supposed let me get out of my base and rape you with them!" is basically what these people are saying.

Either that, or they want a duel simulator where you can only fight the enemy in the middle of the map and can never press the advantage you earned by killing them before then proceeding to their uncap.

But this is why 8km X 8km maps are so important to a shooter. I hope the day comes when CoD and BF3 small maps are the minority, instead of Planetside size maps being a rare jewel.

Last edited by Stardouser; 2012-05-18 at 06:44 PM.
Old 2012-05-18, 06:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #88
Gonefshn
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
Yeah, but those air pad campers never last too long. If they'd take me out, I'd just spawn with my AV loadout, run up to them and shove my Phoenix up their ass and slowly pull the trigger until it goes click.

In Planetside, unless you are inside a base defending, you need to displace pretty frequently or you'll get toasted. Essentially the "camping problem" corrects itself, right?
This Guy ^

and segway back to the main topic.

A faster sped up game could make taking out campers easier as well.
Camping in a persistent world to me is creativity and tactics. You just need to think smart to fight back against it thats part of the fun.
Old 2012-05-18, 06:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #89
captainkapautz
First Lieutenant

Actually, you can, usually. Battlefield is a maximum of 64 players, so another flag is just as good as another base.

The reason people cry about their uncap being attacked is that the uncap is where their jets, helicopters, and tanks spawn. "How dare you come after my tank spawn! You are supposed let me get out of my base and rape you with them!" is basically what these people are saying.

Either that, or they want a duel simulator where you can only fight the enemy in the middle of the map and can never press the advantage you earned by killing them before then proceeding to their uncap.

But this is why 8km X 8km maps are so important to a shooter. I hope the day comes when CoD and BF3 small maps are the minority, instead of Planetside size maps being a rare jewel.

Well I meant from an "All bases caped, now we baserape!"-kinda scenario.
Old 2012-05-18, 07:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #90
Stardouser
Colonel

Originally Posted by captainkapautz View Post
Well I meant from an "All bases caped, now we baserape!"-kinda scenario.
Well, that's a legitimate scenario. I understand the controversy, but the real cause of those things is team stacking and/or too many snipers/non flag capping players on one team, out of bounds uncaps are a bandaid that prevent those baserapes at a great cost to freedom of tactics.

Fortunately, Planetside has such large continents that this is not an issue although I will be honest, I believe footholds should, although uncapturable, be fully attackable. I mean, they should be shielded, and it should prevent enemies from firing through the shield, but enemies should be able to walk through the shield and attack.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion