Will Planetside 2 be playable with a gamepad / xbox 360 controller? - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Preponderant Sig Unloaded
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-11, 01:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
Luieburger
Sergeant

Re: Will Planetside 2 be playable with a gamepad / xbox 360 controller?

Apparently Dust 514 will have both M&K and controller support on the PS3. It will be interesting to see what they do. Will they nerf the keyboard and mouse like Microsoft did for Shadowrun? Will the gameplay be so non-twitch that it won't matter?

Only time will tell.

http://www.dust514base.com/2012/02/w...ontroller.html
Old 2012-07-11, 03:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
roguy
Sergeant

Originally Posted by The Kush View Post

There is evidence for that! Haha wow you must really be retarted. Both of those cars have been rigorously tested with published statistics and facts. You are argueing something that has neither. Show me the statistics, the tests, the data, until then you are just a troll with no proof.
Envenom has a good point by saying that all you have is a very dubious "but you have no proof" argument.

Controllers arn't ever used in PC tournament play even though there's absolutely nothing to prevent someone from doing so? It's because they arn't used to it!
The only 2 attempts made to make cross platform play in an FPS failed because the console players got slaughtered? They didn't try hard enough!
No one wants to make cross-platform games? Because they already have enough paying customers!

We could go on and on. But at this point I'd feel less trolled debating evolution with creationists.

Before I go, feel free to post the in-game nick that you're going to use in PS2 so we can all bask in your horrible stats.
Old 2012-07-11, 04:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
Littleman
First Lieutenant

Before anymore people jump on the "get a mouse" bandwagon, some people simply prefer a game pad. If they REALLY want to be competetive, they'll pick up the mouse. Thing is, I'm pretty sure they'll find more than enough bads to cloud their awareness from their lack of precision.

Also, most of you haven't dabbled with Planetside 1's gamepad sensitivity controls. Holy shit... it's REALLY customizable. I can set the dead zones and where the sensitivity ramps up/scales down as I press on the stick. That's ****ing awesome, and it's a game released in 2003!

The only flaw to the system is that the controller is still set to the cardinal directions regarding movement (N-NE-E-SE-S-SW-W-NW.)

SOE, if you're paying attention, look at PS1's controller/joystick customization options. They're a ****ing GODSEND for gamepad/joystick users. Every game that even remotely supports any peripheral with a stick should have that level of sensitivity control, especially console games.

Note: I use a $10 mouse and keyboard with the most unique set up evar. But now my left hand has the entire keyboard, not just everything around ESDF(WASD.) Screw your Naga Razors! Ingenuity saves $$$!

P.S. As an FPS, I doubt there will be so many necessary keybinds that a controller would be over loaded with commands.

Last edited by Littleman; 2012-07-11 at 04:15 PM.
Old 2012-07-11, 04:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
TheApoc
Corporal

to the guys that think controller is better for fps, i got one quote for you

" We dont want to tell you what to think, we just want to teach you how"

Old 2012-07-11, 04:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
LtHolmes
Private

The only thing I would like a game pad is really for flying. Only because I prefer it over using a mouse.

I know others think that as well. I could use a joystick, but it will be tough for me to say which I will prefer for flying unless I get the option of doing both.
Old 2012-07-11, 04:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
vVRedOctoberVv
First Lieutenant

I was pretty sure I had seen Hamma or Higby, or somebody reply to a similar thread a couple weeks ago saying they intended to support this stuff, if not by Beta, than by release.

On a side note, they ARE catering to the FPS/CoD/BF crowd, afterall, with their gameplay mechanics. It's reasonable they would include this, too. Besides, you can buy stuff like this at Wal-Mart for PCs. I don't know why it wouldn't work, really.

@Guy above about Naga Razers

I have one. And I hate it. I will never buy one again.

Last edited by vVRedOctoberVv; 2012-07-11 at 04:53 PM.
Old 2012-07-11, 05:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
Absentis
Corporal

Wouldn't be a forum for any game without a thread like this.

It's all about preference no matter how you put it in the end. I use a controller for some games and a keyboard/mouse for others. For me it depends on whether the game supports controllers out of the box and how the game itself plays. With games involving more than three buttons being needed often (ie. jump, strafe, aim down sights, and shoot all at once), I use a controller without aim assist. I usually just pump up the sensitivity and I'm just as competitive in those games.

For anything else like BF3 and Tribes, I'll use mouse and keyboard, mostly because those aren't comfortable for controllers in my opinion. Everyone has a preference and will use what they are best with. Not everyone wants to assimilate or is as good with a mouse and keyboard as they are with a controller.

As for the original topic that has long been lost, I'm not sure if there will be support or not.
Old 2012-07-11, 05:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #83
vVRedOctoberVv
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Absentis View Post
Wouldn't be a forum for any game without a thread like this.
Stupid threads... It's what we do.

What the hell else are we supposed to do while we're waiting for the game to hit the ground? All we have to occupy ourselves is arguing with one another about what we want or don't want, whether or not Higby should cut his hair, **** vs *******, the list goes on. We're f'ing BORED man! Time to blow some shit up, or SOMETHING!
Old 2012-07-11, 05:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #84
PilotJack
Private

Originally Posted by luketopian View Post
A friend of mine is thinking of playing Planetside 2 when it comes out. The main problem is that he uses a laptop.(im sure it can run PS2.) So it would be kind of hard for him to be killing some terran scum using a finger scroller.

So the main thing i'm asking is, is Planetside 2 compatable with a gamepad or xbox 360 controller? or has this info been released yet?

Thanks for yalls help.
I hope to god it doesn't allow gamepads/xbox controllers. This game is a keyboard and mouse game, a PC game, not a console. I really hope SOE don't pander to the whims of those kind of people. Sorry but console controllers are for consoles.
Old 2012-07-11, 06:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
vVRedOctoberVv
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by PilotJack View Post
I hope to god it doesn't allow gamepads/xbox controllers. This game is a keyboard and mouse game, a PC game, not a console. I really hope SOE don't pander to the whims of those kind of people. Sorry but console controllers are for consoles.

I don't see what possible difference that makes. I have strong opinions on all kinds of little things, but what controller the other person is using doesn't really affect my end of things or the overall gameplay... pretty much at all.
I guess this just goes to show that people will argue about literally anything. Not that I didn't already know that.

Yes, they are going to support gamepads. Has already been established previously.
Old 2012-07-11, 06:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
Sephirex
Major

Since this is a Sony game, can I use my Playstation Move? Thanks!

Seriously though, I encourage ALL NC and TR to use controllers. It'll improve your game.

I promise!
Old 2012-07-11, 06:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #87
vVRedOctoberVv
First Lieutenant

Nonsense. TR are the primary mouse users. When we just "wound" someone with our hail of bullets, we like to go in close and strangle them with the cord. Saves bullets.
Old 2012-07-11, 06:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #88
duomaxwl
Captain

If allowing people to use a gamepad has the possibility to bring in more people, than I'm for it. I don't care if it's not as precise, I care about SOE making money and keeping Planetside going.
Old 2012-07-11, 06:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #89
KTNApollo
First Sergeant

Will it be? Maybe.

Should it be? Yes.

Should you? No.
Old 2012-07-11, 06:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #90
Sephirex
Major

Originally Posted by KTNApollo View Post
Will it be? Maybe.

Should it be? Yes.

Should you? No.
QFT. I think we're done here.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion