Why is NC so Popular? - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Can we get a head count?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-07, 07:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #76
bigcracker
Sergeant Major

Re: Why is NC so Popular?

Why is Vanu So sexy?
Old 2012-06-07, 07:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #77
Satexios
Sergeant

The more smurfs the better target practice for me...

TR4Life!

Old 2012-06-07, 07:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #78
UKSwiFT
Corporal

I dig the overall aesthetic of them. The colour scheme brings me memories and that heavy-hitting weapons make me a happy man.

NC4LIFE!
Old 2012-06-07, 07:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #79
asdar
Private

I planned on joining whichever faction had the lowest population, but I won't join VS because I don't like the alien look.

I don't know if I like them telling us which faction has the highest population. Too many people want to join the winning side instead of working to become the winning side.
Old 2012-06-07, 07:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #80
Jacius Ceed
Private

Talking Re: Why is NC so Popular?

Well high powered weapons are good for 1 shot kills.

I however believe in hover tanks and advanced tech.
Pew pew lasers are not needed but I will use them.
I prefer rail guns.

Oh and Cthulu and his mother say hello you dirty NC rebels & eat a dirty tentacle you TR Nazis

Old 2012-06-07, 08:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #81
Saifoda
Sergeant Major

It's very difficult to draw lines as to who's "good" and "bad." Very much a perspective thing. In American culture we typically idolize (and tend to capitalize for some reason) our "Founding Fathers." Do you know who they were? A bunch of rebellious, ungrateful, disobedient anarchists who preferred war over peace...to the British it seemed, anyways. Remember the old phrase "Give me liberty or give me death"? Came from a speech and the point was clearly made that the "rebel cause" was of freedom from tyranny. New taxes, the Stamp Act, etc.... In the eyes of the revolutionaries (for the most part), we had not been a subject of His Majesty for a long time; the war was not fought to make ourselves independent, it was fought to maintain our independence.

Now clearly this is just my opinion, and it's all in good fun of course (gotta remember to keep everything good natured) but to say something like "TR (or NC or VS) are CLEARLY the good guys and the best empire and I've never played this game before but I still know better" is, well, kinda lame.

Edit: Also, NC4LIFE
Old 2012-06-07, 08:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #82
Kalbuth
First Sergeant

I picked up Vanus in 2003 over the fact they were stated as being the "versatile empire", and I could see this as a really fun experience to be versatile enough to try stunts the other empires could not.

And in the first months of PS1, when VS was the underpowered "common pool" empire (apart from 2 weeks of Lasher 2.0 folly), we were doing stupid stunts most of the time. Our tank was known for mowing people, not for his canon, our anti-vehicle was the best anti-infantry sniper in the game, and our MAXes were flying around a-la-trolololol getting 3-shotted by lock-on-after-launch Strikers. And it was the most fun.
Then we whined enough for "balance pass" and such stupidities to arise, making the VS weapons on par with the rest, and leaving the few versatility enough so that VS ended-up on the OP side of things for the remaining years of PS. Fool of us to whine this way
Anyway, I digress....

I think I'll test before chosing, and the feeling of the main gun (gauss vs cycler vs pulsar) is going to be the deciding factor. I'll go for the empire where I'm comfortable with the cookie-cutter gun.
Old 2012-06-07, 09:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #83
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Huntsab View Post
NC have the easiest weapons, simple as that.
This myth needs to stop. NC weapons are the least forgiving of mistakes, force you to work extra hard to make each hit count, and in general have little to no margin for error.

Well except the Splattercannon. That thing is the MAX for weaksaucers.

The PS1 Vanny was the best tank if you had a gunner that could aim and a driver named ActiveX/Baneblade. The Mag was a different, but just as deadly beast. The Prowler was the best on paper, but in actuality was just the fat chick on roller skates.

The JH was the strongest HA in a lot of scenarios, but if you missed even once, you would more than likely die.

So from the perspective of someone who doesn't have intimate knowledge of how every empire plays, the NC do seem to be easy mode.

Old 2012-06-07, 09:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #84
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

NC = Libertarians. Complete with complaining about freedom, while oppressing others
Old 2012-06-07, 09:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #85
DerFurst
Corporal

Misc Info

The Vanu are the most technologically advanced of the 3 factions, yet our MBT looks like a trilobite. Guess we're also the best trolls :3
Old 2012-06-07, 09:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #86
Bakes
Private

I never played PS1 so i decided to go with the NC for the lore and some of the pics ive seen of them, and thats it.
Old 2012-06-07, 10:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #87
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by MrBloodworth View Post
NC = Libertarians. Complete with complaining about freedom, while oppressing others
I'm proud to be a Libertarian, even if some people believe incorrect things about us.

Old 2012-06-07, 10:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #88
Top Sgt
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
TR to me feels like the old Soviet Union,
exactly why I love TR

It's order, my country could use a little more order. When you give people too much freedom.. they abuse it and things fall apart.

Plus who doesn't love mother russia?

Also for PS2 as said most of the newer players to PS will look at NC first.. colors, being the claimed "good guys", have weapon description of "hardest hitting"etc.

The average joe is gonna go "oh yeah Uber weapons.. i am joining that faction"
Old 2012-06-07, 10:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #89
Coreldan
Colonel

Originally Posted by Top Sgt View Post
Plus who doesn't love mother russia?
Just about no one

Soviet Union was nothing to look up to. It was fail from day one, it didnt collapse for no reason. That's order for you

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-06-07, 10:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #90
Kalbuth
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
Just about no one

Soviet Union was nothing to look up to. It was fail from day one, it didnt collapse for no reason. That's order for you
Contrary to what western propaganda tells you, you'll find many people regretting somehow this period. People having first hand information on what it was actually, being the ones who were living there, and all that stupid stuff called "first hand experience".
Not saying it was perfect. But western propaganda made it probably far far worse than it truely was.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion