End of the road. - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Believe it or not, there are GUNS in this game!!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 2004-12-31, 01:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #76
Mag
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Squeeky
long, spiffy, good post.
WTFRedeemed.
Old 2004-12-31, 02:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #77
oddfish
Colonel

i don't know what to say. i am going to miss this community so much. everyone in this forum has been great to me ever since i joined the site and the friendships i've developed here have been some of the best i've ever made, even though i've never met any of you in person (unfortunately ) i'm going to miss this site and you all very much.

and hamma, i just want to say, for as taxing as it may have been on you to maintain this site, you certainly have done one hell of an impressive job. this is by far the best forum community i've ever belonged to. good luck in all your future endeavors, buddy.

and..well.. i'll be on IRC and TS and what not occasionally to talk to everyone before the place shuts down.. i'm gonna miss the antics and the craziness. love you guys. <3 <3

My Blog
[20:19] <Phobos> oddfish: Glad to see you, now help me move this dead body.
Old 2004-12-31, 05:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #78
Mango
First Lieutenant

Life goes on i suppose
I love you all
Old 2004-12-31, 05:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #79
Teichgraeber
Private

Sad

Im Sad to hear this i liked this site and will miss it.Sooo see you in game WERNER TotalOblivion we want you to have fun
Old 2004-12-31, 05:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #80
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by MattxMosh
I must say a true good bye.

You guys got me back in to playing PlanetSide after a 9 months of retirement. And I have played with many on PSU, an have had a blast, and have found an outfit i will stick with until PS dies.

I've made many a great friend. If it weren't for that fateful trip home, i would have never known Sterling ran PSU, although having run across it a few times.

Shows how observant I am.

Thank you Sir, and best of luck in your next project.

Keep in touch, and join TU, you son of a bitch.

And do one last Hammatime, and I plan to be up there next month, we could have a drunken send off. COOOOME OOOOON YOU KNOW YOU WANNA!
Oh noes... Matt said the "S" word...

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2004-12-31, 10:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #81
Strygun
Contributor
Major General

I've waited until page 6 to make a response.

To be honest, I knew this was coming. I was just hoping for a different turn of events, such as leaving the IRC box running or something. Oh well.

Luckily, I will still be with my core group of friends, my team, over at Clan Draconus Lupus. But there are some of you that I will miss smacking around over here.And then again... some of you I wouldn't mind not seeing again .

Either way, I am truly saddened that we've got to go. I would like to thank Hamma publicly for doing what he has done. He has spent an unthinkable amount of money on us, and it cannot be repaid. He has spent himself, both emotionally and physically, from dealing with forum jerks and database issues, to having his server boxes "disappear" on him, to having to move colo's, etc etc. I couldn't have done it myself.

Lastly, I want to thank Hamma for bringing me on staff here at PSU. I originally recorded a demo to be an AGN broadcaster. However, I guess because I used to work at Gamespy's Everquest fansite as a news reporter, he saw more in me. I was hired as the first Newsie, and I tried my hardest to do my best. I still do.

So, Hamma, my deepest thank you. To the rest of the PSU Staff - let's not lose touch (even though we still have 1 month.) To everyone else: ad�os amigos.

It's been a good run. Don't go acting like jerks and newbies this last month. Keep it clean, keep it funny... keep it real.
Old 2004-12-31, 01:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
Ghryphen
PSU Code Monkey

Twitter | Dragon Wolves
Old 2004-12-31, 02:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #83
FlamingPotato-J
Staff Sergeant

Join the resistance before its too late! Dont let google take over the world! Set your homepage to anything BUT www.google.com

Google = SkyNet

The goal of the resistance is not total elimination of google, just don use it as your homepage.

Feel free to use the text, if you feel so inclined.
Old 2004-12-31, 02:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #84
DaShiznit
Major

Originally Posted by Gryphon
I'm going to miss constipated smiley.
Old 2004-12-31, 02:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
Neon Apocalypse
Colonel

Without a doubt PSU is the best community I've ever seen. Its one of the funniest, and friendliest communities there is. Its so good that I could never leave. I'd always lurk in here even if I felt like I didn't want to be a part of the recent drama.

I hope we can continue PSU at TU.

I think that we can still keep it going though. We could move onto another irc server, get rid of all the planetside stuff, agn, and find our own TS. All we would need is a forum. PSU was never about PS, theres no activity on the in game discussion forum at all.

I hope Hamma considers a way to keep the lounge going.

If not then I'll see you guys at TU.
You all rule.

Neon
Old 2004-12-31, 02:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
Hamma
PSU Admin

http://planetside-universe.com/forum...ad.php?t=28227

Check that out.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2005-01-01, 08:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #87
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Always late with the response, thats me. I'm sorry to see this site go, Hamma, Jennybo and all the other admins have done a great job at at keeping the site rolling without killing anyone, and that I seriously applaud. I see from the other thread there is talk of a ressurection of sorts and i'm feverantly hoping for that. I hate to admit what a shmuch i am, (at least i'm in good company right?) but PSU has been a huge part of my life for more then two years now and i'm sad to see it go.

A quick rundown of the places i've logged on over the years.

Korea, Japan, Spain, Italy, England, the united states, and a few more.

Everytime i was on a trip i tapped a interweb line somewhere to log into PSU, it's without a doubt that this site has been a huge part of my life long after my intrest in the game waned, even if i was only posting on pol deb and browsing the general forums.

Thanks again.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2005-01-01, 09:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #88
Ivan
Contributor
teh Sexb0t

Whoa, this should teach me to go on vacation. Sorry I haven�t been around much guys life has been busy and what not this time of the year. I�ll be here till the end. PSU is the first fan site community that I can say I love and have even been honored to become a moderator of. Thank you all for some great times and I�m sure a lot of us will keep in touch one way or another.

Oh and Hamma, I know I said this after PSU joined MMOHell after a fund raiser, and I got to say it again, I want my money back bitch! j/k Hamma
Violated by ChiaHamma

Last edited by Ivan; 2005-01-01 at 09:35 AM.
Old 2005-01-01, 10:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #89
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

Originally Posted by Squeeky
PSU also helped me lose my virginity. I fucked ultraviolet, and PSU aided me in my ambitious endeavor to put my penis in her vagina. Vulgar? Probably. But I owe PSU a debt of gratitude for all the above.
Dice el.
The gun katas. Through analysis of thousands of recorded gunfights, the Cleric has determined that the geometric distribution of antagonists in any gun battle is a statistically predictable element. The gun kata treats the gun as a total weapon, each fluid position representing a maximum kill zone, inflicting maximum damage on the maximum number of opponents while keeping the defender clear of the statistically traditional trajectories of return fire. By the rote mastery of this art, your firing efficiency will rise by no less than 120%. The difference of a 63% increase to lethal proficiency makes the master of the gun katas an adversary not to be taken lightly.
Old 2005-01-01, 10:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #90
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

By the way, for the contact book:

Cell: (786)402-5312
E-mail: [email protected]
AIM: AztecWarrior045
The gun katas. Through analysis of thousands of recorded gunfights, the Cleric has determined that the geometric distribution of antagonists in any gun battle is a statistically predictable element. The gun kata treats the gun as a total weapon, each fluid position representing a maximum kill zone, inflicting maximum damage on the maximum number of opponents while keeping the defender clear of the statistically traditional trajectories of return fire. By the rote mastery of this art, your firing efficiency will rise by no less than 120%. The difference of a 63% increase to lethal proficiency makes the master of the gun katas an adversary not to be taken lightly.

Last edited by AztecWarrior; 2005-01-01 at 10:46 AM.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge