George Bush Slip Of The Tongue - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: What's with these annoying pop-ups? And why are my weapons locked?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2003-03-02, 09:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

I had to hold my tongue on a couple of issues ( I am on vacation anyways). I wasn't too big on the attacks on NPR. I also wasn't too sure about the overall benefits of Bush's tax cuts. But I will save those arguments for another day.

Sit Back, Relax, and Enjoy the Action.
Old 2003-03-02, 09:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

No doubt about it.

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2003-03-03, 01:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
AeoNELiTe
Private

In your 1st few paragraph you tried to convince us that the threat of Saddam Hussain, a major enemy of the United States with ties to Al Quieda and other terroist organizations, is little threat despite the fact that he is producing nuclear weapons.

Then, several paragraphs later you blow off the power of the Chinese Army by saying that several nuclear weapons would be able to kill millions of people....

1) The Chinese have nukes too, and long range missles, it would be total nuclear war.

2) Terrorists could kill millions of people with 1 tactical nuclear weapon the size of a suitcase, if properly planeted.

3) The policy of the Bush administration is not to launch preemptive counterattacks, thats an oxymoron, if that is how it was stated in whatever you read then it was misprinted. The policy is to stop terrorist activities and deter acts of violence against Americans. Obviously we can't kill every terrorist, but a terrorist with no weapons, little comunication or secrecy, and 100$ left in his pocket, is going to have a hard time sneaking weapons into the United States while under constant watch by the feds.

4) Inspections have very limited ability to find weapons, they are buried hundreds of feet underground in the middle of the desert, and intellegance experts have speculated that they may be stored in neighboring countries such as Syria,

Old 2003-03-03, 07:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
Confectrix
Sergeant Major

Lex:

The vaccine takes months to prepare safely. We've been inoculating soldiers long before Janurary. Biological weapons were always a big threat during the Cold War. If one could vaccinate against one deadly pathogen; all the better. It just became more public. Besides, pre September 11 and terrorist threats daily, when did you care about anthrax? My point.

MTX:

We are not going for oil. Upon General Franks installation as Viceroy oil refineries will be rebuilt by the companies which win favor with the Iraqi people. The US has never engaged in pillaging. We will not start now. Especially with the world watching.

We do however want Saddam out. If he stays in power and aquires WMD, he will grab the oil reserves of those around him and strangle the world economy.

No one wants that.

Yours,

"Speech is the mirror of the soul; as a man speaks, so he is." -- Publilius Syrus
Old 2003-03-03, 07:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
Mtx
The Mensa Troll

If we wanted Saddam dead he would be dead.

You just watch the price of oil fall while this happens. Don't worry.. I'll probably be there.

Old 2003-03-03, 07:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
Arshune
Captain

If anything, the price will go up in the short term because Iraq won't be supplying oil and investors will become frightened.

-Our principal is SO hardcore.
Old 2003-03-03, 07:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
Confectrix
Sergeant Major

Investing it like a game Arshune. Remember when you sell to drive the price lower you need an idiot to buy from you. Who would be willing to do that?

The smart investor would be ready to exploit those whom let their emotions drive them.

Lots of money is to be made these coming months.

Good luck.

"Speech is the mirror of the soul; as a man speaks, so he is." -- Publilius Syrus
Old 2003-03-03, 07:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #83
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Confectrix
Lex:

The vaccine takes months to prepare safely. We've been inoculating soldiers long before Janurary. Biological weapons were always a big threat during the Cold War. If one could vaccinate against one deadly pathogen; all the better. It just became more public. Besides, pre September 11 and terrorist threats daily, when did you care about anthrax? My point.

MTX:

We are not going for oil. Upon General Franks installation as Viceroy oil refineries will be rebuilt by the companies which win favor with the Iraqi people. The US has never engaged in pillaging. We will not start now. Especially with the world watching.

We do however want Saddam out. If he stays in power and aquires WMD, he will grab the oil reserves of those around him and strangle the world economy.
I am not sure what your point was of the first paragraph (even though you said, "My point.") I don't know a single soldier that was innoculated before January. I am sure there are some that have been innoculated before january, however I would guess that most weren't because almost every soldier I know started getting them in january. I would also bet that it is the majority of our soldiers have not recived the entirety of the treatment.

Since when do I care about anthrax? since I first heard of it years and years ago. Will I get vaccinated? No. From what I hear, getting the vaccination is excruciatingly uncomfortable. No one wants to be vaccinated for Anthrax.

We are not going to war only for oil, but you must admit that it does play a big factor. Our government has admitted that we will likely be paying for our war with Iraqi oil.
You don't think the US is going to recieve any kind of special treatment in the restructuring of the post Saddam Iraqi Economy?
You don't think US companies will recieve more Iraqi construction contracts than they have now?
You don't think that the US will get better post sanction oil access than it would recieve if Saddam stays in power?

I am all for a war with Iraq. I do believe that Saddam needs to be taken out of power. I do beleive that Saddam is bad for his people. I do believe that the US will also recieve significant economic benefits from a war with Iraq.

Last edited by Lexington_Steele; 2003-03-03 at 07:58 PM.
Old 2003-03-03, 07:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #84
Confectrix
Sergeant Major

No.

No.

No.

Our current governmental policy answers all those questions.

On to the vaccine...it had to be manufactured delicatly before issurance. You think they just made it without testing? Lots of time and money was involved. Janurary was not the first month. And unless you know all 250000 servicemen and women, you don't have a proper consensus.

Yours,

Old 2003-03-03, 08:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

No.

No.

No.

Yours,
Do you really believe that the US will not recieve more access to post sanction era oil than it would with Saddam in power?

You don't think we are going to get accesss to more than no oil in a post saction era? Right now the US has no promises of oil while many other countries do. You don't think that will change?

Old 2003-03-03, 08:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
Confectrix
Sergeant Major

This has just dawned on me. Does everyone disagree with what I say?

On to refuting your point.

It is illogical to presuppose we will get something out of an action we did not even commit yet. Such thinking shows the worst of human nature.

The US does what it does for the sake of world stability, WMD control and UN stability. Oil is NOT a concern.

To say it is requires the mind of one whom would want something out of a deal.

Old 2003-03-03, 08:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #87
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

On to the vaccine...it had to be manufactured delicatly before issurance. You think they just made it without testing? Lots of time and money was involved. Janurary was not the first month. And unless you know all 250000 servicemen and women, you don't have a proper consensus.

Yours,
You made a blanket statement that said US soldiers are well prepared for Biological weapon attacks.

As far as all of the soldiers I know, they are not well prepared for biological weapon attacks. Your bringing up the large amount of time, testing, and money involved does not lend credit to US soldier being prepared for biological weapons. Neither does my experience with the soldiers I know.

Old 2003-03-03, 08:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #88
Confectrix
Sergeant Major

Lex:

So this means both us cannot know for sure. I'll take that.

Old 2003-03-03, 08:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #89
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

It is illogical to presuppose we will get something out of an action we did not even commit yet. Such thinking shows the worst of human nature.

To say it is requires the mind of one whom would want something out of a deal.
And bussiness does not have a special relationship with government right?

How is it illogical to suggest a very linear line of thinking?

What is my line of thinking showing? It is showing that profit is a great motivator. Self interest drives people, plain and simple. This is a fundamental principal of capitalism. You call it showing the worst of human nature, I say it is an understanding of human nature.

I also don't think that self interest is the worst of human nature. Self interest breeds productivity and progress.

When I make a deal, I do consider my interest. Are you telling me that your interests have no place in the deals you make?

Old 2003-03-03, 08:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #90
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

Lex:

So this means both us cannot know for sure. I'll take that.
That sounds about right.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge