Opinions on Camo Options - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The only true cradle of the Hair God...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you like the camo options?
I like the camo options as they are 54 27.14%
I like the camo, but would rather it be faction coloured. 79 39.70%
I dont want any crazy camo options! 31 15.58%
Keep the camo but make crazy ones REALLY expensive 32 16.08%
Other (Please Post) 3 1.51%
Voters: 199. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-06-10, 03:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
Landtank
Second Lieutenant

Re: Opinions on Camo Options

Originally Posted by Sabot View Post
Don't have anything against the camo types... I just wish there were a tad more of the faction colors in there..
Agreed, but I suspect there will be A LOT more in the beta.
Old 2012-06-10, 03:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
Raka Maru
Major

Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
At first i was taken aback by the zebra camo, but i'm not so bothered now.

Some things need improving however. The camo looks low res on tanks and large aircraft, like it's just slapped on. I suggest instead of the devs just UVing and overlaying the texture, they make them almost to the quality of the default vehicle skins. The paint could be partially faded, with dust and scratches on edges corners etc. Make it look rough like it has been painted onto the tank.

I really like the look of the reaver and vanguards with full desert camo.
I am hoping that these are slapped onto tanks quickly for E3 and they will go back and fine tune them. The skin textures of soldiers was awesome at the microscopic level in previous screen shots.
Old 2012-06-10, 03:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
Vanu Techpriest
Corporal

I think purpose of the camo is kind of defeated when you have neon teal or bright yellow outlines all over the place. I would like the patterns to be designed with more of a focus on looking cool and incorporating the factions color schemes instead of being the traditional patterns like desert, forest, etc. which are designed to actually camouflage you within the environment.
Old 2012-06-10, 03:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Dagron View Post
Couldn't agree more. Camos should cover everything, not leave big patches of bright colors that give you away.
There's a reason the empires have distinctive colour schemes. Attempting to combine easy friend-or-foe recognition via distinctive colour schemes with highspeed real modern warfare calling your duty late at night on the battlefield camouflage schemes is schizophrenic.

It's fine to complain the camos aren't well done, but to complain that you don't want camo just because you have an aversion to modern war games?
Sorry, but that's what it sounds like... that you want everyone to be forced to look "futuristic" by being colorful and looking like Unreal Tournament characters.
You realize that this is Planetside 2, right? The sequel to Planetside? A game about men dressed in red, blue and purple fighting with lasers in space? It isn't a modern shooter. It isn't meant to reflect realistic combat techniques. What I have an aversion to isn't the point. This isn't a modern warfare game, so why should it attempt to adopt characteristics of modern warfare games?
Old 2012-06-10, 04:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
Dagron
Captain

Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
You realize that this is Planetside 2, right? The sequel to Planetside? A game about men dressed in red, blue and purple fighting with lasers in space? It isn't a modern shooter. It isn't meant to reflect realistic combat techniques. What I have an aversion to isn't the point. This isn't a modern warfare game, so why should it attempt to adopt characteristics of modern warfare games?
Yes, i get your point now: you don't want to lose the feel of the game, making it fade into the modern shooter crowd.
I don't want it either, i assure you.

Still, some people will want to do stealth ops, and just because we're afraid to lose the distinctive feel of PS, it doesn't mean they should be denied that. A lot of PS fans love their factions and want to represent their colors, i guarantee it.

Besides, i'm not saying camos should be so easily available that those wearing them could end up surpassing the number of people wearing the faction colors. If they're not free, many people are not going to buy them... depending on the price, just those who seriously want every little advantage will bother.

It probably sounded like i wanted PS to be another BF or CoD... sorry for expressing myself poorly.

However:
If you are worried about silhouette and colors ruining IFF, you clearly haven't watched the same footage i have where every freakin ally had a green name hovering over their heads!

I agree one faction shouldn't use one of the other faction's colors, but only using yours is stupid. Wearing black/grays, greens, tans, etc is not going to make you shoot the guy who has a neon sign on his head saying " HI, I'M YOUR FRIEND BOB! "...
I seriously don't understand people's aversion to standard camouflage patterns/colors. They keep saying it's about IFF (Identification Friend or Foe) but they also keep ignoring the fact that there is a bright green name over all your teammates heads.
I'm pretty sure my point here isn't cryptic at all, and when people ignore counter arguments without even bothering to point out why they might be wrong while they hammer away at the same argument over and over...

Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
There's a reason the empires have distinctive colour schemes. Attempting to combine easy friend-or-foe recognition via distinctive colour schemes with highspeed real modern warfare calling your duty late at night on the battlefield camouflage schemes is schizophrenic.
Well, it feels like talking to a wall.

Last edited by Dagron; 2012-06-10 at 07:45 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion