female players in planetside - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: in Smed we trust.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-08-01, 03:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
damijin
Private

Re: female players in planetside

How is this thread still open? Dafuq took it off the tracks on the first page and it has no hope of getting back on. I mean, this is entertaining, but ultimately a really depressingly sad read.

I've played MMOs -- not like Planetside, where females had manipulated males in positions of power to achieve in-game assets. Meanwhile, I've played MMOs where males in positions of power manipulated females into sexual interactions for a bit of that power.

Happens in real life too. Like, a lot. This is not damning of men, women, male gamers, or female gamers.

Good news though, no epic raid loot in Planetside, so you can stick to good old fashioned real life power-sex exchanges here, and insult each other's gender while you trash talk because you got killed.

I have to say, if I could make boys as angry as women seem to have done to several of you in this thread in your distraught lives -- I would do it. A lot. And I'd wear some customized pink vanu armor while I did it.
Old 2012-08-01, 03:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
FastAndFree
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
how do you know its a female and not a male who doesn't want to look at the ass of another man?
by playing a first person shooter
Old 2012-08-01, 04:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

As far as I'm concerned with this topic, this might as well be Starship Troopers Online.

(Fe)male... whatever. More meat for the grinder!

BTW: Female = Iron Man

Just sayin'.

Old 2012-08-01, 05:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
OnexBigxHebrew
Sergeant Major

Threads are getting weirder and weirder as the beta wait goes on.
Old 2012-08-01, 05:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
Gugabalog
Major

Originally Posted by OnexBigxHebrew View Post
My doctor told me to use the beta to replace my meds. Then beta got delayed.
Old 2012-08-01, 06:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
NMnine
Private

Eh, I just assume that everyone I meet online is a dude. If I come across a lady, I just assume she is extremely unattractive and continue treating her as if she was a dude.

Also, big lulz or the people endorsing prostitution a few pages back
Old 2012-08-01, 06:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
Solidblock
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by OnexBigxHebrew View Post
So, so true
Old 2012-08-01, 07:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #83
moosepoop
Captain

how is this weird? you are weird.
Old 2012-08-01, 07:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #84
Sifer2
Major

Originally Posted by NMnine View Post
Eh, I just assume that everyone I meet online is a dude. If I come across a lady, I just assume she is extremely unattractive and continue treating her as if she was a dude.

Also, big lulz or the people endorsing prostitution a few pages back

Yes this is really the wisest policy. Other wise you run the risk of being one of those losers that crowd around a female character in a game hoping to impress her thinking you might somehow get laid. Or worse duped into cybering with a guy.

To answer the original question about higher numbers of females in Planetside. Females are attracted to MMO's in general cause they like the social aspect.
Old 2012-08-01, 08:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

The reason a lot of guys play FPS is for the adrenaline rush, the way you get pumped when you're on a roll and kickin' ass. We tend to enjoy this more than women, and it probably is partly due to our testosterone levels.

However, PS is a more team-oriented and social FPS than most (being an MMO), and a lot of female gamers enjoy that kind of environment. So, of FPS, PS probably has a higher percentage of female gamers than the rest.

My fiancee is a gamer, though she prefers RPGs. I'm going to see if PS2 appeals to her, though I suspect not. She's primarily a collector and crafter; she likes to create things, and PS2 is decidedly lacking in this area.

But, a man can hope!

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2012-08-01, 08:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
Boomhowser
Corporal

Ive always found thier to be almost as many female gamers as thier are male, My last guild consisted of 50/50 ratio, back when I first started Online gaming, way back when UO was the rage 3 ladies took my newb hiney under thier wing and taught me the fine arts of PvP.. now around 2 decades later I look back at games ive played and some of the finest companions and greatest opponents have been the fairer sex.

In todays gaming society ladies are more comfortable with being associated as a gamer and thier is little to no need to hide behind an avatar, so heres to looking forward to meeting new players Male and Female alike when we finally enter Planetside 2
Old 2012-08-01, 08:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #87
IgloGlass
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Boomhowser View Post
Ive always found thier to be almost as many female gamers as thier are male, My last guild consisted of 50/50 ratio, back when I first started Online gaming, way back when UO was the rage 3 ladies took my newb hiney under thier wing and taught me the fine arts of PvP.. now around 2 decades later I look back at games ive played and some of the finest companions and greatest opponents have been the fairer sex.

In todays gaming society ladies are more comfortable with being associated as a gamer and thier is little to no need to hide behind an avatar, so heres to looking forward to meeting new players Male and Female alike when we finally enter Planetside 2
Yeah no, no way in hell is that true. Though there aren't only male gamers, there aren't nearly as many female ones.
Old 2012-08-01, 09:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #88
Salad Snake
Staff Sergeant

Overall, I am pleasantly surprised that this thread is so welcoming to women gamers with minimal sexism. More equal gender ratios in FPS games is something I very much look forward to, if not simply because perhaps then video gaming will be truly accepted by all in our culture. We've already made great progress in the past 15 or so years, and hopefully the trend only accelerates to the point that the people making up your average server will be as varied in age, gender, and race as your average subway car, office, or pickup game of basketball.

Last edited by Salad Snake; 2012-08-01 at 09:54 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion