News: Server Merges Incoming - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Dude, where's my Wraith?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-02-20, 04:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
OCNSethy
Major

Re: Server Merges Incoming

@ Hamma,

Does this mean anything for Briggs? There are numerous Oceanic servers but it appears Briggs is the only active one...
Old 2013-02-20, 04:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
Badjuju
First Sergeant

Thank god. I am not sure how much more I could take. I was on the verge of quitting out of sheer boredom. If I hadn't played PS1 I would have been long gone. Trying to keep hopes high though.
Old 2013-02-20, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
camycamera
Major

good news for Americans etc, but we already get huge battles on Briggs :P
Old 2013-02-20, 05:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
artifice
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by ChrisLand View Post

I know we do not have the details yet and I don't want to jump to conclusions but...this is fantastic news.

Player populations with always fluctuate but I would be more then happy to wait in a queue to join a fully populated server then ghost cap esamir all day.

The worst possible outcome of this is overpopulation in which you can just add another server...that is a much better problem to have over what we have now imo.
The problem is that a lot of people's complaints are a lack of population during off hours and too many people running in the zerg. This isn't really going to solve either. This isn't exactly the type of game where people stay up all night raiding and people will run in a zerg no matter what you do.
Old 2013-02-20, 07:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

All hypothetical.

Connery + Helios + Genudine = You'll have to fight on different continents then.

Wouldnt be surprised if Briggs gets thrown into the mix as well to give it that true 24/7 battle.
Briggs, imo, has a smaller pop that Genudine and would probably lose players if it merged with the west coast.
IF, they merged Briggs I assume they are hoping those who invested SC or continue to purchase cosmetic items will still play on.
It probably wouldn't matter to SOE if those who don't spend anything didn't come across.

There is always server transfers later on.
Old 2013-02-20, 08:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
Fenrys
Major

It was nice not having any queues for a little bit.

Last edited by Fenrys; 2013-02-20 at 08:37 PM.
Old 2013-02-20, 08:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
Xaine
Major

Not too surprised.

Maybe if they actually add some meaningful content, the game won't lack players.
Old 2013-02-20, 08:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #83
Koadster
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
I hope they dont combine Matherson and Waterston.
I imagine they will leave matherson, waterston & connery alone. They will properly merge 2-3 really really low pop servers like cobalt & genudine to get 1 medium pop server

MuNrOe : Eat a Dick sandwich TR
Old 2013-02-20, 09:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #84
Skittles
Sergeant

You people are certainly some unicorn and bigfoot believing optimists arent you?

Shaftfoot and some others are right this is not some kind of magic recipe that is going to turn this game around and create some form of epic gameplay all the sudden.

All this will do is create another revenue stream short term for SOE-PS2 while not ACTUALLY addressing anything that is glaringly wrong with the game. From there the only significant difference will be that once again there will be 60+ lopsided populations on 2 continents that arent Indar.

Then within a very short period of time, say 2 weeks, pops will be as they are now where everyone is attempting to make haste to the Crown. Oh, sure, there might be a que for a week, at most to get on Indar, but then, poof, nothing, until the week after when SOE will once again announce either 2x XP weekend, or a 2x SC weekend.
While in the mean time, PS2 will still be bleeding individuals unwilling to put up with ques or weak lopsided fights on non-Crown having continents.

Anymore "successful" launches like this 3 month after release server merges, and SOE may just start making bids on Microsoft, Google and Oracle because of all the moola they're racking in.

Last edited by Skittles; 2013-02-20 at 09:25 PM.
Old 2013-02-20, 09:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
seanman
Private

Briggs server just the only one oceanic server but most of the pop is zerg played at indar and crown
90% played indar and 70% of pop indar at crown, ti alloy, crossroad.
Hope briggs get merge too
Old 2013-02-20, 09:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by Koadster View Post
I imagine they will leave matherson, waterston & connery alone. They will properly merge 2-3 really really low pop servers like cobalt & genudine to get 1 medium pop server
Yea I can't see them doing anything with those two servers.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-02-20, 09:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #87
Sirisian
Colonel

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
Waterson + Mattherson = Watherson/Matterson .... I'm hoping for something like... US East :P
Jaeger + Matterson + SolTech + Waterson = Emerald

Someone brought it up. It's an easy decision really seeing as all of those servers combined have a population < 6K during prime-time. Then when April comes around we'd have 2K more added to the cap. Then Searhus adds 2K more again.
Old 2013-02-20, 09:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #88
OCNSethy
Major

Originally Posted by seanman View Post
Briggs server just the only one oceanic server but most of the pop is zerg played at indar and crown
90% played indar and 70% of pop indar at crown, ti alloy, crossroad.
Hope briggs get merge too
Be careful what you wish for,,,

Im enjoying lag free gaming ATM on Briggs.

If we merge with a US based server, I fear we may that loose that lag free experience.

Its hard enough trying to play games on off-shore servers due to lag and ping issues... pls dont screw this up SOE.
Old 2013-02-21, 12:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #89
Mox
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Edit: Sorry i double posted.

Last edited by Mox; 2013-02-21 at 03:39 AM.
Old 2013-02-21, 01:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #90
Mox
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by ColdCheese View Post
it doesn't mean they can't always expand if need be, regardless of what the future holds for this game, this was badly needed now. MLG could potentially breath new life into the game and SOE is clearly banking on it so we'll see.
Originally Posted by MrBloodworth View Post
This does not exclude more growth, as with each continent adds 2000 more player capacity.
Originally Posted by SixShooter View Post
It's not like they merge the servers and then take the unused servers and throw them in the sea...
My dear naive friends,

Do you really think SOE would send a signal of stagnation out to the world if they still see a chance to fillup the servers soon? No never!
Server merges are the last step. It show us that the game's population peak lies behind us. I dont say that there is no chance for future growth. The MGL deal may offer such growth. However, this deal need months to be implemented.

By the way, if you ask me i would say there are signs that SOE have already reduced the number of staff working on ps2 significantly. I think they are all working on eq next now. Ps2 instead is now in the cash cow mode (i.e. only investions in cashshop items). Look at the current mini patch! Thats not a general game update thats a bugfix with some new guns. Maybe we can be happy if we even see hossin or searhus ( probably in the cashshop) one day...

Last edited by Mox; 2013-02-21 at 01:32 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion