MAX Balnace Part 4: Everything AI - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where scripts do our chatting for us in IRC.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-07-24, 05:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Re: MAX Balnace Part 4: Everything AI

Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
What one of the 3 is pure shit, what one is in the middle ground, and what one is the PPA?
Lol, at leas they are nerfing it now (slightly)
Old 2014-07-26, 08:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
mrmrmrj
Sergeant

If the devs just doubled NC AI MAX ammo pools for a week, they would see that not even that change would make them good.
Old 2014-07-27, 02:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #78
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by mrmrmrj View Post
If the devs just doubled NC AI MAX ammo pools for a week, they would see that not even that change would make them good.
That's not the problem. The problem is they're too good in one area, not good enough in every other as to where the other MAX's can be used as supression for up to a good 35M or so although that is pushing it.
Old 2014-07-27, 12:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
almalino
First Sergeant

I barely see NC maxes use any AI veapon because it shit. We try to fight infantry with AV guns
Old 2014-07-28, 04:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #80
Gatekeeper
Sergeant Major

I see (and am killed by) plenty of NC AI MAXs, so I don't think the problem is anything like as severe as people are trying to make out here.

I'm not saying there's no issue at all, but clearly NC AI MAXs are effective, even if they're not as effective as their TR/VS counterparts.

It's true that NC use AV weapons for AI work as well, but that's because the Raven is actually pretty deadly, even at very long range - as opposed to the Vortex which really is just pure AV.

Old 2014-07-28, 06:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #81
War Barney
Sergeant Major

You most likely die at the only range our MAX is useful, almost point blank. This is the problem other factions who've never played the NC just remember those times they died to a NC MAX in a biolab but they don't remember how they almost never see a NC MAX outside a biolab while their own MAXs are slaughtering people left and right.

And the raven really isn't that good, its very situational as you need to guide each rocket in (and they do very little damage) so you have plenty of time to be shot, the falcons are the best choice as you can shoot then hide and both barrels will (for now) kill instantly.
Old 2014-07-29, 08:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Dual Falcon NC MAX is the only viable NC MAX in a dynamic tactical environment.

Old 2014-07-30, 02:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #83
Canaris
Contributor
General

I'm sorry but I need to call complete and UTTER bullshit on NC not using AI weapons and them being useless. What a crock of shit. How come I keep seeing the best NC outfits on miller totting shotgun MAX's and doing a great job of tearing through people, if you're not getting decent kills with them then it isn't the tools it's the operator.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2014-07-30, 06:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #84
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

They aren't useless, they just aren't the best weapon available.

Old 2014-08-03, 04:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #85
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Canaris View Post
I'm sorry but I need to call complete and UTTER bullshit on NC not using AI weapons and them being useless. What a crock of shit. How come I keep seeing the best NC outfits on miller totting shotgun MAX's and doing a great job of tearing through people, if you're not getting decent kills with them then it isn't the tools it's the operator.
A typical post from somebody whos never tried them and doesn't bother to read the thread properly.

We aren't saying they are useless at everything.. they are useless at ranges over 10m while TR/VS get guns that work up to 50m. How would you feel if your MAXs guns only did damage while the enemy was 30m away and if they got close/further away you did almost nothing?
Old 2014-08-03, 12:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
ringring
Contributor
General

No one should use a max outdoors
Old 2014-08-03, 09:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #87
Chewy
Major

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
No one should use a max outdoors
Just because you couldn't get that pebble out of your boot it doesn't mean MAXes can't play outside.
Old 2014-08-04, 04:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #88
ringring
Contributor
General

Just because you couldn't get that pebble out of your boot it doesn't mean Maxes can't play outside.
Of course not, but at their own risk.

Many people used to complain incessantly about scatmaxes in ps1 using the argument that they were powerful in exactly the environment where you would want them to be, ie at short range indoor fighting where the decision of winning or losing is made. I seems to me what applied in ps1 also applies in ps2.

I've just been reading up on the commentary of the Woodman/Miller server smash and was amused to see a few comments that Miller had the advantage playing NC because of the max with a recommendation that next time the two empires chosen for server smash should be TR and VS only.

I'm not sure I believe this because I thought Miller won because their air force and great timing by the resecure crews but it just goes to show that a variety of opinions exist on the utility specific weapons.
Old 2014-08-04, 06:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #89
Chewy
Major

Originally Posted by ringring View Post

I've just been reading up on the commentary of the Woodman/Miller server smash and was amused to see a few comments that Miller had the advantage playing NC because of the max with a recommendation that next time the two empires chosen for server smash should be TR and VS only.
Mind linking that topic? I couldn't find anything like that on the 3 forums I go for PS2 stuff (here the official and reddit). The only thing I found was some rumor that both sides wanted to play as VS but also didn't want to fight VS for reasons thus leading to the TR/NC picks. Couldn't find anything about MAXes being a hot topic though.

Might be worth a read.
Old 2014-08-05, 04:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #90
ringring
Contributor
General

Mind linking that topic? I couldn't find anything like that on the 3 forums I go for PS2 stuff (here the official and reddit). The only thing I found was some rumor that both sides wanted to play as VS but also didn't want to fight VS for reasons thus leading to the TR/NC picks. Couldn't find anything about MAXes being a hot topic though.

Might be worth a read.
I can't recall which thread it was but I think it was on reddit, I wouldn't say it was a hot topic at all just a comment or two within a large thread.

Interesting your find that some are saying they didn't want to fight against VS...... personally I found the only difficulty fighting VS was their colour -scheme which meant I wouldn't pick them up visually as quickly as I would the NC.

When I played I wore the darkest camo I could find :P
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion